The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-01-16, 09:35 AM
538.57 GB/237.45 GB/0.44

HELP WITH U/L

yes it is me again.here is my question i am trying to post a show that i got from another site i still have the same folder do i have to do any thing different to post it here other than make a new torrent or what.cause i am having the same problem that i was having before just showing up as a leecher and not a seeder.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-01-16, 09:43 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: HELP WITH U/L

All you should have to do is make a new torrent file (using our announce url). Then, don't forget you have to download the personalized torrent from the thread in order to seed the show.

Old 2007-01-16, 09:48 AM
538.57 GB/237.45 GB/0.44

that is what i did.and i am having the same problem as before i tried to do what you said about going to azureus options and changing my default directory and force check and the same thing i am sowing up as a leecher.
Old 2007-01-16, 10:17 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Well, I pulled the show you asked to have pulled this morning, so you will have to start over. But, when I pulled it, there were no seeders or leechers on the show. Were you connected to the torrent all morning?

Old 2007-01-16, 11:02 AM
538.57 GB/237.45 GB/0.44

yes.i just posted it a hour or so ago now let me get this straight. go to upload torrent screen,fill out all that apply,then do i fill out anything in the Optional Selections.then go to attach torrent then hit browse find the torrent hit open and then when that is done hit the submit a new thread.then it takes me to the new thread and at the top of page it says to click here to personalize this torrent do i click there or do i go down to where i would normally start a torrent. i have been clicking the top of the page it goes to azureus like normal but it says it is d/l but it does not start up.and this is where i get pissed off and call on someone to help me so i hope this clears all my problems so we don't have to go thru this no more.

again thanks for the help
Old 2007-01-16, 12:00 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You only need to fill out stuff in the Optional section if you are doing a reseed of a show previously on the ttd tracker OR if you are posting about an external torrent (a torrent on another site).

You may click on either the top box for the personalized torrent or you may simply page down and grab the torrent from there (they are the same link). I would make sure to download the torrent to your harddrive and then start the torrent from there. Also, Azureus does this weird thing sometimes where you start your personalized torrent, but then it gives and error saying the torrent isn't personalized. So, then you need to stop and remove the torrent (red X) and start it again and hopefully that error goes away (this started with Azureus 2.5.0.0, I'm not sure if it's fixed in 2.5.0.2).

(If you are on AIM, you can try me on there. I am often around, but just have AIM saying I'm out.)

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble