The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-09-30, 07:15 AM
59.37 GB/24.84 GB/0.42

0% Upload on Completed Downloads

Hello - I get about 300KB/sec download speed on some torrents, and their upload speeds are about 50KB/sec. But once the torrent completes, the upload goes to 0KB/sec. I am pretty sure this means my uTorrent 1.7.5 build 4602 client is firewalled. But the thing is on SP2 I disabled the firewall, I don't have another one running, and I bypassed my router. So right now I'm hooked directly to the net without a firewall and router and after a few restarts of uTorrent -- still firewalled. The port checkers et all confirm blocking. I can't figure out what to try next. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

BT
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-09-30, 09:02 AM
1.11 TB/8.95 TB/8.05

Re: 0% Upload on Completed Downloads

This has nothing to do with being firewalled. Who is your ISP? It's likely they are using Sandvine technology to block bittorrent traffic, do a google search (or read through these forums) for more information. Turning on encryption in your uTorrent client could help although some ISPs might be able to block encrypted traffic as well.
Old 2007-09-30, 09:49 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

^^^ what he said

Here's a couple of threads to check out:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=44856
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=43773
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=45154

Old 2007-10-01, 04:25 PM
59.37 GB/24.84 GB/0.42

Thank you for the suggestions. I am using Comcast. I reverted to uTorrent 1.6.1 and tried the encryption setting "trick." Nada. Restarted/rebooted everything and still not open. I be sad about not being able to share my downloads. Maybe I will try a different client.

- BT
Old 2007-10-01, 04:34 PM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

You can also slow down your download speed in your bt client to be less than or equal to your upload speed. This way when you complete you have already shared back as much as you have d/l.

Just a thought.
Old 2007-10-01, 06:25 PM
261.52 GB/295.81 GB/1.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by btclient
Thank you for the suggestions. I am using Comcast. I reverted to uTorrent 1.6.1 and tried the encryption setting "trick." Nada. Restarted/rebooted everything and still not open. I be sad about not being able to share my downloads. Maybe I will try a different client.

- BT
It's most likely Comcast themselves rather than uTorrent, but it's worth a shot. Good luck in doing the right thing and sharing back.
Old 2007-10-01, 10:33 PM
1.11 TB/8.95 TB/8.05

Quote:
From all reports if Comcast is sandvining you changing clients won't help. If you can get another ISP I would do so (even DSL with lower bandwidth that you can actually use is better than Comcast not allowing you to upload).

I suffered through caps at Cablevision/Optimum Online until I was able to switch to Verizon FiOS.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble