The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2005-12-16, 05:37 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

Re: Ratio Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmyth79
we can ban IPs very easily here.
does not that only work if the ip is static though??

"If your share ratio is less than 1.0, then please offer b&ps and/or freebies to give back to the TTD community" ~Chachi
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-12-16, 05:38 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggrd
I like snatches
well, who could argue with that statement?!?!

"If your share ratio is less than 1.0, then please offer b&ps and/or freebies to give back to the TTD community" ~Chachi
Old 2005-12-16, 06:24 PM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

idk. we got rid of mort, that's all i know.
Old 2005-12-16, 09:49 PM
2.48 TB/2.16 TB/0.87

while i agree that a share ratio enforcement would be beneficial to weed out the skallywaggers who hit and run. it hurts the dndlder's who have to wait to jump on a torrent due to there upld caps. i dont think that share ratio enforcement is the only means necessary to weed out the junk. after all, the groove can stay alive through vines or bnp's. sometimes it can be tough to keep a 1:1 ratio depending on the torrent and peers. i think enforcement should be based on one's contribution to the community. i mean there are the one's who blatantly hit and run and then there are the kat's who make this site effin fantastic.

dvd list...
http://db.etree.org/jimoosh
Old 2005-12-16, 10:49 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by teabaggins
while i agree that a share ratio enforcement would be beneficial to weed out the skallywaggers who hit and run. it hurts the dndlder's who have to wait to jump on a torrent due to there upld caps. i dont think that share ratio enforcement is the only means necessary to weed out the junk. after all, the groove can stay alive through vines or bnp's. sometimes it can be tough to keep a 1:1 ratio depending on the torrent and peers. i think enforcement should be based on one's contribution to the community. i mean there are the one's who blatantly hit and run and then there are the kat's who make this site effin fantastic.
I agree...sometimes it is hard to keep 1:1 depending on a particular torrnet and number of peers wanting to dl that show, but the point is that almost everybody has an upload cap including myself...if everyone had a 0.1 ratio then nothing would ever be shared...the burden of spreading the music should be spread among the community and it is not right for some people to just download and then run on to dl the next torrent and the next without ever stopping to share...lets be realistic here for a second too, those that are ul their parts are usually the ones doing the b&p offers and dvd/cd production as well and those that aren't ul their parts are usually just pure leeches imo
btw, people can know who is doing their part when they notice other people with a ratio like 1.16 such as your own--thanks!

in final thought....ppl with ul cap (ie everybody) cannot dl every single show that they see...MAIL TRADE PPL!!!!

Old 2005-12-17, 01:10 AM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

we are beating a dead horse here. the people grabbing and running aren't even reading these threads.

i put in for some trades for recent shows seeded here. no offers, nothin' at all. probably because i posted it in the right forum.
Old 2005-12-17, 02:28 AM
appalachianamerican
1.26 TB/2.77 TB/2.21

My ratio has been as low as .44 and as high as .77 I always leave completed shows open until their seems to be little or no demand. I doubt I'll ever be out of the "red" until I have something qualified to seed here.........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg client shot.jpg
( 157.6 KB, 122 views)

Old 2005-12-17, 07:15 AM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

now that I think about it...I (we) should start seeding new shows at DIME where they have a ratio and just external announce it here so it can easily be located using the nice ttd search function...also shows will get more exposure from it being posted at 2 sites rather than just 1

Old 2005-12-17, 07:20 AM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog
My ratio has been as low as .44 and as high as .77 I always leave completed shows open until their seems to be little or no demand. I doubt I'll ever be out of the "red" until I have something qualified to seed here.........
actually...to get out of the red you just have to download less ...there is simply too much material for everyone to download everything....
MAIL TRADE!!!!!

Old 2005-12-17, 07:49 AM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi420
now that I think about it...I (we) should start seeding new shows at DIME where they have a ratio and just external announce it here so it can easily be located using the nice ttd search function...also shows will get more exposure from it being posted at 2 sites rather than just 1
That's a good idea, except that Dime has that stupid user cap. Many people not registered there won't be able to get them except by trades.
Old 2005-12-17, 08:22 AM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmyth79
That's a good idea, except that Dime has that stupid user cap. Many people not registered there won't be able to get them except by trades.
old accounts are removed daily, so ppl can still sign up...they just have to be persistent

Old 2005-12-17, 10:02 AM
2.48 TB/2.16 TB/0.87

why cant we start a trading circle. take the basic idea of a loop, but on a much smaller level. i mean, we bascially all are grabbing the same material, so why not save the bandwidth. it could start w/ a PM or a thread, notifying a group of peers that im interested in these torrents. as a group, each one can dnld a seperate show individually and pass it along to the next. that way when one of us is swamped with dnldin and upldin we wont miss anything one might desire. we can list wat we are dnlding and wat we want to grab. i mean we all dont need to grab the same show, if we are all interested in it. ive been doing this, somewhat, with a trader in here that happens to live close to me. hell ask me if im gonna grab this torrent. he will add the link to the pm. telling me he is currently grabbing this other torrent offering it to me inexchange. every two to three weeks we have traded.

dvd list...
http://db.etree.org/jimoosh
Old 2005-12-17, 11:11 AM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by teabaggins
why cant we start a trading circle. take the basic idea of a loop, but on a much smaller level. i mean, we bascially all are grabbing the same material, so why not save the bandwidth. it could start w/ a PM or a thread, notifying a group of peers that im interested in these torrents. as a group, each one can dnld a seperate show individually and pass it along to the next. that way when one of us is swamped with dnldin and upldin we wont miss anything one might desire. we can list wat we are dnlding and wat we want to grab. i mean we all dont need to grab the same show, if we are all interested in it. ive been doing this, somewhat, with a trader in here that happens to live close to me. hell ask me if im gonna grab this torrent. he will add the link to the pm. telling me he is currently grabbing this other torrent offering it to me inexchange. every two to three weeks we have traded.
that could become exclusionary and also very complicated.
Old 2005-12-17, 01:07 PM
22.91 GB/36.19 GB/1.58

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicDeez
Now that the new tracker has been running for a few months, is there any possibility to enforcing ratio? This is something that a few of us seeders are starting to get fed up with, and would like to see a change, or we may have to change where we seed. Comments? Suggestions?? I am proposing maybe an enforcement of a .65 or better ratio. I know that is a little low, but we have to start somewhere.
Hi Ric,
First off I want to say thanks to everyone who gives so much such as yourself. I really appreciate it.

Though I agree with SRE you have to remember that there are people who don't tape but are willing to give band width, funds ect. to be a contributor. That said, when a person first jumps on board they are going to have to be a dl'er before thay can give (unless funds will buy a lower ration or something like that). A .6 ratio makes it tough for them to even get started unless you have a fairly high cycle increment. I mean, during the course of a typical torrent I very seldom will attain that kind of ratio so if the cycle is less than the file set size and for some reason there is an interruption during the download a person could end up being excluded from contributing before they even have a chance.

Lets say the SRE is .6 and the cycle is 5 gig. Someone comes along and creates an account and find a great DVD9 that they want to grab. They get the torrent and are pulling down a screaming 80K but are only putting up 10. They get 7 gig into the torrent and their wife decides she isn't going to wait another day to check her email and BitTorrent make everything so slow. She kills the program and BAM they can't join the torrent anymore? Is this how it would work or would there be some way to join a partially completed torrent as a seeder? What if you set the ratio low for the first X gig of traffic for a person then increment it up as they become more of either a help or a burden? That way someone who is willing to give as much or more than they take would have a chance to build a buffer up against such a situation.
Old 2005-12-17, 01:12 PM
We all walk the Long Road....
75.63 GB/483.42 GB/6.39

excuses are like assholes.......

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions