The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-12-02, 01:34 AM
56.17 GB/77.19 GB/1.37

Re: Putting a VCD on a DVD?

If you're making a DVD in Toast 7 solely of DVD compliant MPEG1 files as described above by lingusmiles, click the "More" button at the bottom of the options drawer of the Video tab. At the subsequent window select the Encoding tab, click the Custom button and set the Reencoding option to Never. You might want to try Automatic (if it seems to be taking a very long time you know it IS reencoding) but Never would be certain to do want you want.

Black Keys - I Got Mine
Tintern Abbey - Vacuum Cleaner
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-12-09, 03:39 AM
505.91 GB/533.29 GB/1.05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffooky
I'm presuming you have at least one Mac as you were asking about defragging recently.

The easiest way if you have Toast 7.* is to pop your VCD in the drive and either drag out the AVSEQ**.DAT files (found in the MPEGAV folder) and rename them to .mpg or fire up Toast and hit cmd-I. In the bottom partition (Details), the track(s) with the QuickTime icon are the MPEG1 files on your VCD. Select the Tracks you want and hit Save As. The drag & rename method will only work with VCD's, you have to use the Toast extraction with the files within SVCD's.

Once you have enough tracks/movies to make a fullish DVD, you can name them appropriately, go to the Video tab, select DVD-Video and drag 'em all in. You can create a menu, edit the titles and then either allow Toast to encode to DVD spec with its default settings or choose your own parameters by selecting the Custom button and hitting More. I suggest you try a few settings and create a disc image which you can then view with DVD Player so you can get a disc space/quality balance you're happy with.

worked perfectly. thank you so much.
Old 2005-12-09, 07:46 AM
56.17 GB/77.19 GB/1.37

Nice to hear it

Black Keys - I Got Mine
Tintern Abbey - Vacuum Cleaner

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble