The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2007-05-18, 05:50 PM
Video Guru
49.89 GB/89.01 GB/1.78

Re: Is there an explicit ratio policy here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bot
certainly. Kooky_Kat sounds Kooky !
Its pricks like you who don't know the game.

Ever been on a torrent that is really slow?You are being braked for speed by an uber.You are connected to him,he is feeding you that 1/2k that he can spare because he's K flagged the seeders client and downloading for himself only oh..and you cant go no further until you share that piece he has given you,..when hes actually finished giving it to you.

As i said..i know they/you will get it ,but the point is that by blocking them from getting pieces directly from me during seeding means the people who deserve it 1st & get it 1st get it faster thus seeding it quicker...and crap like you can do what you want when you want.
4 birds killed with one stone

PS:
Quote:
when i seed something worth getting
good one

Looking forward to your....1st one ...to see your cut.FAQs show you how to make a torrent........chap

PPS: Isn't bot another name for ass?You know...for a baby?

K_K
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-05-18, 06:23 PM
Video Guru
49.89 GB/89.01 GB/1.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bot
As for that chap Kooky_Kat .. on the rare day that you seed something worth grabbing.. I wait, catch a ride once it is well seeded & split immediately. I do this just because I dont enjoy your arrogance, chap.
Actually ,thats quite a profound statement from someone who only joined this month has made 138 posts with 98% being in the troll area.

Penny has dropped.....you're a wind-up bot.

K_K
Old 2007-05-18, 07:25 PM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

I gotta say sounds more like work than a hobby doing all ths investigative work just to "teach" some children to share. Even at work where I expect to be dealing with adults I understand that folks are who they are and rules and threats are gonna do little to change things. I know I don't respond well to rules, my ratio will stay at 1 or below at any site that demands I maintain a ratio. I just like the music cause
Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ
Information is not Knowledge
Knowledge is not Wisdom
Wisdom is not Truth
Truth is not Beauty
Beauty is not Love
Love is not Music
Music is THE BEST

Wisdom is the domain of the Wiz, which is extinct.
Beauty is a French phonetic corruption of a short, cloth, neck ornament…currently in resurgence.

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Old 2007-05-18, 11:28 PM
GrOoOvemeister
2.57 TB/2.00 TB/0.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bot
As for that chap Kooky_Kat .. on the rare day that you seed something worth grabbing.. I wait, catch a ride once it is well seeded & split immediately. I do this just because I dont enjoy your arrogance, chap.

Get over yourselves. Ill take what I want when i want it. And Ill share back when I feel like it.
it's very nice of you to screw all the leechers because you think KK is a dick...that oughta really teach him a lesson

it's you're attitude that makes you suck...like I said, it's just common for assholes who don't give a damn about the community to have a poor ratio as well...but frankly I'd rather ban the assholes that are deliberate in their abuse, rather than actually enforcing a ratio...if everyone felt like you there would be nothing to share, and if there was something, there would be no one to share it...the fact that this is something that needs to be explained is pitiful...

continue to do as you please (as I'm sure you will) but know that people with your "fuck everyone but me" attitude are what makes online sharing less enjoyable for those who actually respect all the time and effort being put into the community, and one of these days when bit torrent is ruined (like the GD summer tour 95) know that people like you are the reason why...without a basic respect of your environment, you will destroy it...that's why the GD were banned from all the great venues, because the fans didn't respect the place, and they were asked not to come back...Alpine Valley received most of their income from the GD community when they came through town but still had to ask them not to return in light of the damage and debris left behind in 89...one of these days, as more and more members shit where they eat (so to speak) this place is bound to shut down...be it because of the headaches the members give admin, or because of a lack of uploaders to provide material to host...one way or another, it's bound to fail as your attitude begins to dominate the net...it's pretty sad really...I have made enough friends and built enough of a collection to be satisfied if the whole shithouse goes up in flames tomorrow...if I need or want anything, I can work it out in the mail thru my friends, so it's all the same to me...but in the last years I have been downloading, it's meant a lot to me, and I'm sure it will continue to do so for others if it doesn't fall apart...I just hope people would have a little more decency and consideration for the others that also want to download...someone was kind enough to share these things with you, is it too much to ask that you be kind and also share it with someone else
Old 2007-05-19, 08:54 AM
1.07 TB/1.15 TB/1.08

I love your GD analogy.
You must be one of those conniving jews, or an ebonics talking black. Or, worse yet, a black jew. Only sellin' your crack to other jews. And when you do sell to others, you give a 10 dollar piece for 20 dollars.
The NEW list.... Festafarian.com

I do B&Ps

myspace.com/festafarian

Ziggy's
Old 2007-05-19, 08:55 AM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I don't think bot's comments are meant to be taken seriously....It may not be your type of humor (insult comics like Don Rickles) but what is even more hilarious is that you guys are getting all indignant about it.

he's downloaded 387 MB, so that is at most 1 audio torrent.
Old 2007-05-19, 09:49 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubular
I don't think bot's comments are meant to be taken seriously....
I think you are right, Tubular. I see most of bots posts over in The Lounge.

Phishblowz, luckily, I think most of the people you will run into here are pretty good sharers. I think the hit-and-run guys are not the norm around here - at least in my experience. Yeah, they are frustrating, but really, are they worth getting your knickers in a twist? Nope.

Old 2007-05-19, 11:28 AM
Trader Dave
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
I don't think bot's comments are meant to be taken seriously....It may not be your type of humor (insult comics like Don Rickles) but what is even more hilarious is that you guys are getting all indignant about it.

he's downloaded 387 MB, so that is at most 1 audio torrent.
That only proves these guys take themselves way too serious.

Did you see the size of blowfish's post?
Old 2007-05-19, 12:07 PM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

"Bittorrent Etiquette In Theory and Practice" just cracked Amazon's top ten. 500 pages, hardcover, $39.99
Old 2007-05-19, 05:50 PM
433.71 GB/433.00 GB/1.00

Quote:
"Bittorrent Etiquette In Theory and Practice" just cracked Amazon's top ten. 500 pages, hardcover, $39.99
Please, seed it.
Old 2007-05-19, 06:01 PM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

it will be scanned and seeded before midnight

look for it right next to the missing watergate tapes torrent (high resolution transfer)
Old 2007-05-19, 06:07 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You know, I actually went and looked for it.....

Old 2007-05-19, 06:10 PM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
You know, I actually went and looked for it.....

Old 2007-05-19, 10:19 PM
4.86 GB/734.96 GB/151.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festafarian
I love your GD analogy.
no doubt. It made as much sense as the whole ratio enforcement idea.

I think we should ban users that flame other bands with their username.

Its rude, dont you think Phishblows
Old 2007-05-20, 02:57 AM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Except that phish does blow.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions