The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-06-29, 12:30 PM
k.crabbe
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Cue/M3U question...

I use burrrn to burn my shows that have cue or m3u files. Occasionally the cue file doesn't work, but the m3u file will load the files. Is there any difference in burning the show this way? Everything seems to work and play fine. Also is it normal to have to convert to wav to use the cue file? Thanks!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-06-29, 03:15 PM
37.29 GB/113.45 GB/3.04

Re: Cue/M3U question...

Open some cue files in notepad or some text editor, that will probably answer your questions.
Probably some cue files don't work for you because the paths are absolute in them, ie C:\music\concert\bla.wav, but you saved the files to another path. Or the cue file points to wav-files, but you still have them in flac (or whatever) format. Or you or someone else renamed the files and the cue file wasn't updated.
M3u are playlists. You should be able to load them with most audio players and then the player will load all the songs. I didn't know that you can use them to burn. Anyway, if you have a cue file and an m3u file, use the cue file to burn, beauce they are meant to be used to burn.
M3u files are also just text files, so try to open some of them in notepad and have a look at them.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-07-01, 12:59 PM
k.crabbe
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Cue/M3U question...

Thanks nada2k---Even though I knew they were text files, the thought of opening them up and fooling with them never occurred to me. Sometimes the simplest things are the hardest to spot.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble