The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-11-07, 12:36 AM
81.69 GB/190.63 GB/2.33

Hey TD! Could use some help

Well I'd just like to say that I joined a couple days ago and I'm already in love with this place. I think you've got a great community going here and even if I were banned today I've still gotten a couple great things that'd make it all worth while.

Anyhow I've got a couple shows I would like to share with the forum. The only problem is I'm not sure if I have the original Flac's for a couple of them, they were downloaded through BT.etree a few months back. The others I've gotten from random friends over time and were all acquired as mp3's. I'm still very new to this sharing stuff so I was just wondering what my first step towards sharing them is, is it verifying that I can share them? and if so how would I go about doing this.

Well I'll just list the shows I have and see if there is any interest:

Bonnaroo 06:

Oysterhead
Radiohead
Umphreys Mcgee
Disco Biscuits
Moe. from the acoustic stage, this is a great set if you like Moe.
Tom Petty
Phil Lesh
Superjam

Other shows:
Dark Star Orchestra, Irving Plaza NY 2005.11.16
John Hickey Band, New Hope PA, 2004.11.27
Addison Grove Project, Bonnaroo TN, 2004.6.13
Benvento Russo Duo, Wakarusa Music Festival KS, 2004.6.17
Umphreys Mcgee Nokia Theatre NY, 2005.2.17
Sublime, Play Nice in the Pit (Petaluma CA May 24th 1996) - Their last show
Pink Floyd, BBC the link to that is here http://www.bigomagazine.com/archive/...s/ARpfbbc.html

So yeah, how should I go about this? I'll try reading the FAQ's and stuff over again but the language and what not is rather confusing to me right now.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-11-07, 10:06 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Hey TD! Could use some help

Well, first off, you can't share the mp3 sourced stuff here. We are a lossless site and even if you take the mp3 discs and extract them to wav and then convert to flac, the fact remains the same - they are still lossy. As for the other shows, you should only share them if you still have the original shn/flac files. Errors get introduced if you extract them from wav again (flac > CDR > wav > flac) which is why we ask for only the original files.

I think it's great that you want to hop right in and share what you have, but you may want to sit back a little while and just obsorb the FAQs and see how we run things here. We are a bit stricter than other sites when it comes to what you can share (my example of not sharing the original shn/flac is an example - many other sites will allow it), but we want to make sure the shows you download here are as error free as possible (obviously, if there are errors in the original recording there is nothing we can do about that).

Old 2006-11-07, 11:00 AM
81.69 GB/190.63 GB/2.33

Re: Hey TD! Could use some help

Well I guess all the other shows I can't share, but I did just stumble onto my flac backups for the bonnaroo 06' shows.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble