The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-09-14, 04:30 AM
1.69 TB/621.01 GB/0.36

Am I allowed to upload this?

Saturday Night Live December 14, 2002
Al Gore/ Phish

What I have is an unofficial/official DVD (with menu and chapters) that was made exclusively by Broadway Video & NBC for Emmy consideration (that particular episode was the highest rated that season and IMO the funniest next to the Christopher Walken episode). The DVD -HAS NEVER- been officially available for retail and was only reran once or twice (I believe). It also marks Phish's first public performance since hiatus. In addition to 46 Days and Chalkdust Torture, Phish is also featured in a Jarrett's Room sketch as well as animated for a Smigel cartoon. I have other cool things to offer but I first wanted to get this one out there as my first upload. It can currently be found on ebay from time to time at upwards to $70. I feel it needs to be liberated (I paid $40 back in 2003). Lemme know if there are any rules about televised material and/or non music stuff b/c I would like to upload the whole episode. I may even be able to provide a cover.

Thanks

cptsolo

If this has already been upp'ed before lemme know.

Last edited by cptsolo; 2006-09-14 at 06:01 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-09-14, 09:43 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Am I allowed to upload this?

If it has never been released, then we don't have a problem with it. However, I do see on amazon.com that a lot of the SNL stuff *has* been released, but, looking over some of the descriptions, it is the skit parts of the shows that have been released, not the musical portion. And, there was a 10 DVD set released in 2003 which could potentially include the material on the DVD you have (I can't tell from the little description on amazon). Have you looked into it at all?

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-09-14, 01:28 PM
1.69 TB/621.01 GB/0.36

Alright, good thinkin' this one may be left up to you. I am a big SNL fan and have over 400 epsidoes, specials, and best ofs and know for sure that none of it has been released EXCEPT for one little moment. Now that you mention it, on The Best of Tracy Morgan DVD they have snippets of the second to last sketch called "On the House" that is shown while the credits roll, so its not reeally even the complete sketch. So, I know little discrepencies (sp?) like this arise from time to time which basically makes it a judgement call on your part. Truthfully, IMO the only people that this would violate is the EBAY sellers of said DVD. And that doesn't bother me at all. Also, sometime in November the SNL: The best of TV Funhouse will be released and if the Peanuts cartoon (that has Phish on it) somehow gets released as an extra (it wasn't on the TV broadcast but DVD releases always have 5-6 extras sketches) then you can remove the torrent. Until then, I think we are golden. But lemme know first, the last thing I want to do is infringe on the rules on one of my favorite communities.

Thanks

cptsolo

PS: I don't know what I did, but I am FINALLY seeing green smilies!!!
Old 2006-09-14, 04:01 PM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

Give it a go and if it comes out commercially we'll pull it.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble