The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-11-27, 03:26 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Re: out of string range error

Because on my machines this "out of string range" error *never* occured I can't track it down or help you out at the moment. I'm gonna completely rewrite the setup program and implement some kind of detailed install log so the next release (which will be out in February 2006) will show what goes wrong during the installation procedure (I hope).

Robert
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-11-27, 02:17 PM
Now he's just a bag of garbage
349.24 GB/860.90 GB/2.47

Re: Trader's Little Helper

What i found on my machine was when i downloaded the program and clicked <Run> on the "Download Successful" dialog box, i got the out of string error.

When i downloaded the install program and then ran the install from <Start> <Run> "install" or even double clicking the install prog from windows explorer, i didn't get the out of string errors.

One caveat, however, regardless of whether i got the out of string error during the install or not, TLH seemed to work perfectly for me.

----------Nothing is Real!
Old 2005-12-19, 07:58 PM
197.55 GB/174.05 GB/0.88

I get the same error message when installing...I've installed it on my computer at work (XPPro SP2, just like at home) and it works great. What's funny is I can't get the mkw Audio Compression Toolkit to work on my office PC, but at home it works fine. Traders Little Helper is great at the office for it's one stop and shop capability. At home I use FLAC and the mkw toolkit, but I'd much rather use TLH. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Old 2005-12-20, 02:57 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by zep69fan
I get the same error message when installing...I've installed it on my computer at work (XPPro SP2, just like at home) and it works great. What's funny is I can't get the mkw Audio Compression Toolkit to work on my office PC, but at home it works fine. Traders Little Helper is great at the office for it's one stop and shop capability. At home I use FLAC and the mkw toolkit, but I'd much rather use TLH. Any suggestions?
Until the new setup routine isn't coded (see my post above) the only thing I can offer is the old version of Trader's Little Helper (no encoding features) that will install properly. Please contact me if you want me to email you the setup files.
Old 2006-01-04, 04:00 PM
368.77 GB/639.95 GB/1.74

I have a different type of problem with the latest version of TLH. I've used it ever since it was first released and never had any problems with it at all. Earlier today however when I was moving shows to computer from DVD's with the SHN's and FLAC's and then verifying them to be copied ok first by the md5's when they existed and then by the test encoded files function. It verified all md5's without any problems, same with ffp files but for some reason I had a single show without either of those, thus I had to verify it with the test function. Right after choosing the files to be tested and clicking the test button, it claimed that the files can't be opened or they don't exist.

Now it claims this same with every single SHN show I have on the computer, yet those other shows verify ok with md5, I can see the audio details just fine, I can even decode them without any problems. I just can't test any SHN files. I'm aware that some of the files may have been made with MKW instead of Shorten or TLH, could this be what confused it? And if so, how would I go in fixing the TLH instal so that I can test SHN's again? Both FLAC's and APE's work just fine. And I did try reinstalling the latest version already.
Old 2006-01-07, 10:21 AM
389.80 GB/861.27 GB/2.21

It looks like TLH is not available for download at this point. Is that temporary?

I hope so.
Old 2006-01-07, 01:37 PM
103.09 GB/173.22 GB/1.68

nice!
Warfrat73:
I Just got it today, so it should be up.
Old 2006-01-10, 01:22 PM
4.41 TB/2.43 TB/0.55

howldy
great lil tool... TLH... when fixing SBE's the option to bckward round forward are available... which would be best to use...? thinking round... but then I don't know exactly what it's doing...
any input appreciated...
Wolf
Old 2006-01-10, 02:42 PM
520.32 GB/630.74 GB/1.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsorrow
howldy
great lil tool... TLH... when fixing SBE's the option to bckward round forward are available... which would be best to use...? thinking round... but then I don't know exactly what it's doing...
any input appreciated...
Wolf
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...&postcount=125

pity uhclem is MIA

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Last edited by pmonk; 2006-01-10 at 02:51 PM.
Old 2006-01-11, 05:32 PM
gusphan89
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Hey, I was just wondering if someone could help me out. I have installed Traders little helper, and i have all the files needed in c:/windows, but it is still telling me AT least one of the required subcomponets was not found in the windows directory. Processing will be terminated. Can someone please help me?
Old 2006-01-12, 07:29 AM
On the outside looking in
79.07 GB/117.24 GB/1.48

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusphan89
Hey, I was just wondering if someone could help me out. I have installed Traders little helper, and i have all the files needed in c:/windows, but it is still telling me AT least one of the required subcomponets was not found in the windows directory. Processing will be terminated. Can someone please help me?
you should read the thread through.I had the same problem,I threw away all other similair programs(foobar,eac,etc....)then uninstalled tlh and reinstalled tlh and the rest was a dream.I recomend reading this thread through first.
Old 2006-01-12, 09:33 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wharfrat73
It looks like TLH is not available for download at this point. Is that temporary?

I hope so.
It was temporary. Sometimes the setup file is gone and I have to re-upload it. It's rather annoying ... I think the guy who runs the server does some clean up from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusphan89
Seven files have to be located in your Windows directory:
(1) aucdtect.exe, (2) cygwin1.dll, (3) flac.exe, (4) mac.exe, (5) metaflac.exe, (6) shntool.exe, (7) shorten.exe
If one of them is missing you'll get the error message "At least ... was not found ...".
Old 2006-02-01, 08:35 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Re: "out of stringe range" error

I've just upped a new installer for Trader's Little Helper to http://thor.prohosting.com/roh0205/ that fixes the "out of string range" error some people got during installation. Fingers crossed ... I hope things will running fine now for everyone.

Only use the new installer if there were errors during the setup with the old one and Trader's Little Helper doesn't run properly. If everything was/is fine using the old installer leave it that way.

A big thanks to all the kind people who helped beta testing the new installer.

Robert
Old 2006-02-01, 09:09 AM
26 Reds &a Bottle of Wine
3.34 TB/4.73 TB/1.42

Re: "out of stringe range" error

Quote:
Originally Posted by roann
I've just upped a new installer for Trader's Little Helper to http://thor.prohosting.com/roh0205/ that fixes the "out of string range" error some people got during installation. Fingers crossed ... I hope things will running fine now for everyone.

Only use the new installer if there were errors during the setup with the old one and Trader's Little Helper doesn't run properly. If everything was/is fine using the old installer leave it that way.

A big thanks to all the kind people who helped beta testing the new installer.

Robert
Robert

It installed very easy.....

I had difficulties with the last installation but not this version .....very smooth

Thank you

sid
and have the time of our lives !

The Cuervo Gold
The fine Colombian
Make tonight a wonderful thing.....
Old 2006-02-14, 09:12 AM
304.10 GB/469.31 GB/1.54

The installer file appears to be gone again.......

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Tags
tlh, traders little helper