The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2007-05-15, 11:03 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Re: Is there an explicit ratio policy here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markknopfler
If you spent half as much time giving back as you did writing that brainless diatribe you wouldn't have such a shitty share ratio.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-05-16, 03:07 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

...Hello 'possessed'.......the word association thread is in the Lounge.....You should have taken a left turn at Albuquerque, maroon.

This site jumped the shark when it allowed the "word association thread" trolls like 'possessed' to roam freely throughout.

Does he even have a clue that this is a music site?

Maybe he needs the site owner to s-l-o-w-l-y explain the r-a-t-i-o situation to him alone, so he needn't troll in the music area any longer.

Old 2007-05-16, 03:16 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

I just realized this thread is not in the lounge.. I had assumed it was, due to the content... I appologize to the suggestion mod(s) for talking shit in here. Maybe this should be moved to the lounge? It hasn't been very constructive.
Old 2007-05-16, 03:23 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg
I just realized this thread is not in the lounge.. I had assumed it was, due to the content... I appologize to the suggestion mod(s) for talking shit in here. Maybe this should be moved to the lounge? It hasn't been very constructive.
I saw this thread as VERY productive, since the site owner told everyone once what she thinks of ratios...PERIOD. Maybe this thread isn't productive to those that can't change her mind?

Maybe this thread should be in the Lounge though.

Keep the trolls like jameskg and possessed in one place.
Old 2007-05-16, 03:50 PM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer
Does he even have a clue that this is a music site?
Seems like he uploads shows.

Quote:
Keep the trolls like jameskg and possessed in one place.
And dcbullet.
Old 2007-05-16, 03:51 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
I saw this thread as VERY productive, since the site owner told everyone once what she thinks of ratios...PERIOD. Maybe this thread isn't productive to those that can't change her mind?
I voiced *my* opinion on ratios, sure, but other people have different opinions. If policy here was to be changed, then the majority of Staff would have to agree to change it - not just me.

But yeah, guys, this thread is to discuss what the original poster brought up - whether we have a ratio policy. If you guys want to continue to lounge post, y'all know where The Lounge is.

Posts for the sake of personal bashing may be deleted.

Old 2007-05-16, 03:53 PM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
If you guys want to continue to lounge post, y'all know where The Lounge is.
But freezer's not allowed there.

<<snicker>>
Old 2007-05-16, 05:51 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Posts for the sake of personal bashing may be deleted.
uh-huh......well........The Lounge is just the place for this thread now that any and all dissenting opinions are met with a few trollish remarks......let 'em bash one another lights out over there.

Maybe that's why it's been suggested to move this thread.

You might have noticed that I am out of the Lounge since 2006 and I've refused to ask for the 'privledge' to return.

Best that I stay out of an area so over-run with sanctioned and official trolls.

I see ol 'bullet noticed this while he's still trolling this thread. <snicker>

Nothing gets past Mr. Jambalaya......

What I've noticed......repeatedly....I've noticed that dissenting opinions are usually less than tolerated by certain overly-dogmatic individuals at TTD....

However, I thought we were talking about ratios here.

Looks like I mis-understood that when Lynne made a remark that it was an 'opinion' and not 'policy'. I apoloogize, Lynne.

Is there any chance of a decision about ratios that can be written down?

Something in concrete?

Old 2007-05-16, 06:31 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

This thread isn't going to be moved, however it is tempting to go prune out the non-ratio related posts in this thread.

What is there to write down? We currently do not ban anyone for low ratios, thus there is nothing that states "You Will Be Banned If Your Ratio Goes Below .XX". We've always emphasized sharing on this site in many different ways and that is what our response has always been in threads like this and it is even written on the front page of the site (I'm pretty sure). But, that doesn't mean users can't bring up the idea of banning for low ratios. They get frustrated when people leech and run and they should be allowed to talk about it cuz it IS frustrating! So, we discuss it and talk about why we don't ban for low ratios. Now, if things got to be really bad, and where that line is I don't know, then we may start to seriously think about banning for low ratios. But I don't currently see things being that bad.

Old 2007-05-17, 02:53 PM
48.20 GB/10.32 GB/0.21

I do know that i have a shit ratio, and im actually sorry for that.
I did not read the whole thread, perhaps this was mentioned before, but i think you should not ban people, as you said this is a trading site, just make them not download anything, so, when they fall under e.g 0.20 they can't download anything or so.

BTW im trying to put my ratio up to 1.0
Cheers
Old 2007-05-17, 05:22 PM
1.07 TB/1.15 TB/1.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBM
I do know that i have a shit ratio, and im actually sorry for that.
I did not read the whole thread, perhaps this was mentioned before, but i think you should not ban people, as you said this is a trading site, just make them not download anything, so, when they fall under e.g 0.20 they can't download anything or so.

BTW im trying to put my ratio up to 1.0
Cheers
And that's the difference, you are trying, not bitching. You have only d/l about 5 dvds worth of stuff. It takes a while before you can get caught up.

I think that's the best reason to not have ratio enforcements. Gives the new folks a chance to get in on it.
You must be one of those conniving jews, or an ebonics talking black. Or, worse yet, a black jew. Only sellin' your crack to other jews. And when you do sell to others, you give a 10 dollar piece for 20 dollars.
The NEW list.... Festafarian.com

I do B&Ps

myspace.com/festafarian

Ziggy's
Old 2007-05-17, 08:03 PM
Trader Dave
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festafarian
And that's the difference, you are trying, not bitching.
can you explain what bitching is and who and why are they bitching please?
Old 2007-05-17, 10:16 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader Dave
can you explain what bitching is and who and why are they bitching please?
No.

Old 2007-05-17, 10:27 PM
Trader Dave
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
No.
If she's talking about the guy everyone went after I don't get it. I thought he agreed with everyone that the ratio system was unfair to judge others with and had a lot of reasons for the way he felt. Then it all went over my head... i still can't figure what made everyone mad at him. Was he bitching? (whatever that means) is that why? maybe someone could explain that to me?

Last edited by Trader Dave; 2007-05-17 at 10:32 PM.
Old 2007-05-17, 10:41 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader Dave
If she's talking about the guy everyone went after I don't get it. I thought he agreed with everyone that the ratio system was unfair to judge others with and had a lot of reasons for the way he felt. Then it all went over my head... i still can't figure what made everyone mad at him. Was he bitching? (whatever that means) is that why? maybe someone could explain that to me?
Research, Spe, research.

This thread was 'bumped' because of another thread.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions