The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-03-19, 02:10 PM
238.39 GB/88.27 GB/0.37

Bad Bencoded data

I was downloading:

Van Halen Dane County Coliseum Madison Wi. 1984-07-03.torrent

and was at 20% when my ISP dropped my connection. Upon rebooting, I went back to the torrent and now get the following message:

"bad date from tracker - bad bencoded data".

I am using BitTornado and have had no previous problems that I have not been able to solve quite quickly, but this has me perplexed.

Joan
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-03-19, 02:53 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Bad Bencoded data

Sometimes if you look at the logs, it will give you a more complete description of the error. I'm not sure what BitTornado will do with filenames that have commas in them, but there is a file with a comma in the name and I wouldn't be surprised if that is what is making it puke. You could try telling it not to download the md5 file and see if that fixes the problem. You could also try either restarting bittornado, or else restarting your computer. And if none of those things work, you may want to try a bittorrent client that could care less about commas like utorrent or Azureus.

Old 2007-03-19, 03:10 PM
TheD00d
TTD VIP
2.43 TB/265.62 TB/109.27

nah i've had that issue easiest way to fix it is move the folder/dir it downloads to and let it start downloading to that dir... then when it's downloading stop it and move in your files u already have into that dir. an restart downloading again it'll recognize the files an be perfecto no worries it's an ez fix... if u need or have a problem after this lemme know pm me... good luck!
Old 2007-03-19, 06:50 PM
238.39 GB/88.27 GB/0.37

Unidecker - thank you very much indeed. That worked perfectly. I will remember it for future use.

Lynne - thank you also for your input. I shall consider changing my client for future use.

Joan

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble