The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2013-11-07, 03:07 AM
Recording/Mastering Engineer
775.22 GB/3.83 TB/5.05

Re: Pulled Torrents - Unfair

I think there really ought to be a reason posted about why a torrent is pulled - so that people can see them and know the mistakes / errors / ??? and learn from them... Sometimes there is a notice about what was "wrong" with a pulled torrent, but a lot of them seem to not have this. What's the point of showing things that aren't here if there's no lesson to be learned from them?
Old 2013-11-07, 06:34 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

we usually make a note in the thread.

If there isn't one, it has usually been discussed with the seeder (most of our pulls % comes from seeders asking their own torrents to be pulled, believe it or not).
Old 2013-11-07, 06:53 AM
Recording/Mastering Engineer
775.22 GB/3.83 TB/5.05

Discussing it with the seeder is one thing, sure, and having a seeder discover they've made an error or whatever reason they have to not want a torrent to run is fine, but what I'm saying is that, as a potential teaching tool for n00bs, etc., that ALL pulled torrents MUST have a REASON clearly stated by the mod that pulls them (even if it's that a seeder just doesn't want the torrent posted anymore or whatever the problem might be...)

I know you folks volunteer your time, and it ain't an easy job to do for free, but in the interest of making knowledge available that in turn might make your jobs easier, is taking another 40 seconds to add a final post to a pulled torrent that big a thing? A new poster that might read the pulled torrents and see a reason that a torrent pulled by example might not make that mistake. I think that this is a missed opportunity not to be doing this all the time...

Here's an example. One is now running fine, but the pulled torrent posting looks identical with no reason why it was originally pulled. If someone looks at both of them, you start to wonder, well, why?
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...21#post1950821
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...d.php?t=107293
Old 2013-11-09, 07:11 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

it doesn't matter.
since the torrent was posted again, as you noticed... and less than 24 hrs, just assume he screwed up the upload, asked to delete it and posted it again.

that happens a lot. The majority of our reported posts are seeders asking for their own torrents to be pulled so they can try again.

I do always try to post a note if I pull something but not everyone does that, generally because they don't have time.
Old 2015-03-23, 08:04 PM
1.31 TB/7.89 TB/6.03

Hmmmm . . . different strokes for different folks . . .
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2015-03-23, 08:29 PM
1.31 TB/7.89 TB/6.03

It really doesn't matter anymore. I'll download and seed and keep a good ratio, but to put in 4 to 5 hours into a video upload only to have it pulled with a snide comment, no thank you . . . there a examples of where other members uploads were fine with the PAL-NTSC mix up, yet they are seed able . . .
Old 2015-03-28, 02:25 PM
256.41 GB/606.92 GB/2.37

I recently posted in the thread of a show that someone had posted that I had the show on a CD as an official release. They pulled the show promptly. I was not trying to say that I know more than they did about the show or its release status, in fact I hoped that they would have told me my CD was also a boot as it had more songs from the show, but oh well that wasn't the case.
Old 2015-03-29, 04:20 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

We can't see everything or know every release, and that's one reason for the report button. And for things like this, we appreciate users like azdanger using it and helping us out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.
Old 2015-04-01, 04:45 AM
1.08 TB/2.25 TB/2.08

Bunch of trouble makers. ^^^ This one is the real pain in the ass.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions