The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2017-04-22, 11:49 AM
Sleeping Colorless Green Ideas
TTD VIP
411.55 GB/18.82 TB/46.84

Audience HD Videos as .TS or .MKV files

According to TTD's FAQ, a couple of key rules regarding HD audience videos are:

1. Please note that the Transport Stream format is not permitted for ... high definition audience video.

2. High definition audience video has to be in the form of authored and ready to burn Blu-ray (BR) video only.

Lately, I have been using VideoReDo TVSuite to seamlessly join HD .MTS files I shot with a Sony point-n-shoot camera that films 1920x1080 HD video. I'd like the option of being able to offer these shows as a single Transport Stream or MKV (H264 Matroska) file (VideoReDo TVSuite can join and transcode .MTS files to either container format with no re-encoding). Being able to offer audience shot HD shows as a Transport Stream or MKV file would make it so people can view the original uncompressed, non- re-encoded video - straight from the filmer's camera.

Please reconsider the rules regarding audience HD videos.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2017-04-22, 03:53 PM
28.96 GB/16.20 GB/0.56

Re: Audience HD Videos as .TS or .MKV files

Rules are very stupid. I still don't understand why people forcing "authoring" to aud vids. Damn many authoring programs re-encode the video causing quality loss (known exceptions are multiAVCHD and Blu-disc studio). This ignorant BD-worsipping is the cancer of modern bootleg societies. "Yes let's make those fancy menus and bloat the vid's size to 3x. Use shitty TMPGEnc and reencode AVCHD to obselete MPEG2." makes me sick
Old 2017-04-28, 07:49 PM
642.27 GB/2.72 TB/4.34

Re: Audience HD Videos as .TS or .MKV files

I've been avoiding posting a lot of HD shot videos because I have no use for a BluRay disc and DVD dumbs it down. Youtube is hit and miss whether it'll get taken down (even if there are other vids of the same artists)
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble