The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2018-08-31, 02:00 AM
324.35 GB/1.05 TB/3.31

mastering help needed

Ok I need help and someone who knows what they are doing.

I recorded the last show on the current Slayer tour (all 5 bands). Due to where I was sitting (upper deck side stage) the recording is very echoy and bass heavy (the sound must have bounced off the empty behind stage area.

I am at a loss on how to fix it, tweaking the levels seem to make it worse (cant seem to bring the vocals out)

I would send the raw files all I request is you post the results here. PM for how to do this
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2018-09-09, 06:56 AM
Utterly Bastard Groovy
75.55 GB/92.04 GB/1.22

Re: mastering help needed

Hi.

This is going to be difficult to fix. Removing any level of distortion will be tricky. You can try and filter it to a dry signal, but that will mean you will lose the dynamics of the performance. If anybody else recorded it, you might be able to matrix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leykis101 View Post
Ok I need help and someone who knows what they are doing.

I recorded the last show on the current Slayer tour (all 5 bands). Due to where I was sitting (upper deck side stage) the recording is very echoy and bass heavy (the sound must have bounced off the empty behind stage area.

I am at a loss on how to fix it, tweaking the levels seem to make it worse (cant seem to bring the vocals out)

I would send the raw files all I request is you post the results here. PM for how to do this
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble