The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-10-18, 07:43 PM
I love them redheads!
70.51 GB/140.66 GB/1.99

Re: Burning Trey Video_TS that is 5700 mb?????

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=12586

This one?

It's a dual layer show. You need a dual layer burner and a dual layer disc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpermaLopez
Sorry, I'm still a n00b.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-10-18, 09:33 PM
505.91 GB/533.29 GB/1.05

Or you can split it up or shrink it.
Old 2005-10-18, 09:34 PM
505.91 GB/533.29 GB/1.05

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=13088

^go to that thread^
Old 2005-10-18, 11:54 PM
183.24 GB/563.85 GB/3.08

Re: nero express 6 help<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by alg
Got to agree here with AAR.oner.
I have nero 6 reloaded with mega plugins. If you check out the threads with me/and nero 6 you will see the answer is SELECT NERO BURNING ROM and ignore smart start and/or express.
Once I sussed this I have had no problems with DVD burning.
One thing to note is that burning rom will show 2 folders audio_ts video_ts. You only need to 'copy to compilation' the video_ts files from your downloaded show which will automatically go to the burning rom video_ts folder. Do not worry re audio_ts folder

trying this now

and as i read in another thread...

"DVD-Video disc--if you use Nero, select DVD-Video as yer project type, then drag everything from the show's Video_TS folder [.ifo, .bup, and .vob files] to the *red Video_TS folder* in the project window...then burn
if you use another program, you can simply do as Mamba said--create an *empty* Audio_TS folder, and then a Video_TS folder which contains all the .ifo/.bup/.vob files"

when i do these things and hit the burn button...this message comes up..

"dvd video files reallocation failed. the resulting dvd-video might be unplayable. do you wish to continue?"

am i heading in the right direction or am i way off?
Old 2005-10-19, 12:13 AM
183.24 GB/563.85 GB/3.08

i went ahead and tried to burn a dvd after the warnings. it seemed to play on my computer, but not on my dvd player with my tv.
Old 2005-10-19, 05:09 AM
neophish7
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Burning Avi

I just downloaded an avi movie and was going to burn it as a vcd but nero said it was too long to fit on 1 cd. Could someone help me figure out how to split it up. TIA
Old 2005-10-19, 06:11 AM
I love them redheads!
70.51 GB/140.66 GB/1.99

Sorry, couldn't get to check it out last night. We have a serious hurricane heading our way and figured it was more appropriate to buy water and things.

to those errors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpermaLopez
Sorry, I'm still a n00b.
Old 2005-10-19, 09:26 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Burning Avi

You may want to go take a look at videohelp.com.

Old 2005-10-19, 10:51 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

hmmmm...i had this error pop up once a long time ago, but when i went ahead it played fine...

just for clarification, a DVD-Video is a "watchable" copy, whereas a DVD-ROM (ISO &/or UDF] is a data disc...

all DVD players should play DVD-Video discs fine, and alot will play DVD-Rom discs IF the non-dvd files [info text, checksums, etc] are OUTSIDE the VIDEO_TS folder, and you've created an empty AUDIO_TS folder...

did you put *only* the dvd-files in the VIDEO_TS folder when selecting DVD-Video? [i.e. only the .ifo, .bup, and .vob files]...you cannot include any of the non-dvd files on a DVD-Video disc [i'm pretty certain]

forgive me if yer already familiar with all this, first cup o coffee

Last edited by AAR.oner; 2005-10-20 at 10:47 AM.
Old 2005-10-19, 12:29 PM
183.24 GB/563.85 GB/3.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner
hmmmm...i had this error pop up once a long time ago, but when i went ahead it played fine...

just for clarification, a DVD-Video is a "watchable" copy, whereas a DVD-ROM (ISO &/or UDF] is a data disc...

all DVD players should play DVD-Video discs fine, and alot will play DVD-Rom discs IF the non-dvd files [info text, checksums, etc] are OUTSIDE the VIDEO_TS folder, and you've created an empty AUDIO_TS folder...

did you put *only* the dvd-files in the VIDEO_TS folder when selecting DVD-Video? [i.e. only the .iso, .bup, and .vob files]...you cannot include any of the non-dvd files on a DVD-Video disc [i'm pretty certain]

forgive me if yer already familiar with all this, first cup o coffee

believe me, if i knew anything about this, i wouldn't be asking for your help.

i just took everything that was in my video folder and dropped the files into the red folder. then i burned the contents on to a dvd disc. when it was done i tried the disc on my computer and it seemed to work fine. i then put the dvd into my 5 disc dvd player and pushed play. the dvd player tried to read the disc and it gave me some "prohibited" message and skipped to the next disc in the player. i cant remember what the message said.
Old 2005-10-19, 12:39 PM
w00fers
TTD VIP
508.64 GB/369.25 GB/0.73

Re: mpeg-1

I believe you would need to demux the mpeg-1 to it's elementary streams, and then drop them into your favorite authoring program to compile into a useable disc....

I'm not a video guru (audio guy here)....but I recently had this issue arise when trying to convert a PAL to NTSC.....I had selected mpeg-1 as the output format, and when I dropped it into my software, it said it can burn the dvd, but it is a lower quality format......

But....mpeg-1 is the format for VCD and SVCD I believe......so I'd just try doing that and forget about the nero warnings.....they are usually bad info anyways....
Old 2005-10-19, 12:57 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

i'ma attach the "burning a DVD-Video" section of the guide we're working on...stepbystep with screenshots

note: you'll probably wanna save the checksum, info, etc, that came with the show for archiving/trading...you *can't* add these to a DVD-Video [you'll need to burn as a data disc -- DVD-ROM (ISO &/or UDF)] ...as has been mentioned before, *some* DVD players wll read dvd data discs, but you have to set it up just right...i can walk you thru that later if you want

so see if this works...if, not i wonder if the show's files are damaged in some way maybe, or yer dvd player is old?
Old 2005-10-19, 01:07 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

aight, file limit issues again...can't zip it small enough either...so here's a condensed version:

1. Open Nero Burning ROM from the program list [NOT start smart or any of the other vision xpress, etc]

2. Select "DVD" and then "DVD-Video" in the pop up...click on the "ISO" tab and check the settings...if yer using "relaxed restrictions", maybe yer player can't deal with these??? once done, then click "new".

3. Their should be a *red* VIDEO_TS folder and an AUDIO_TS folder in the project window.

4. Navigate to the show's folder and select *ALL* of the files in the show's VIDEO_TS folder [.iso, .bup, and .vob files]

5. Drag them to the red VIDEO_TS folder

6. Burn

there *should be* no compatability issues with yer standalone dvd player using this method...let us know...we'll get it figured out eventually...

also, what make/model is yer standalone dvd player? just curious
Old 2005-10-19, 02:20 PM
183.24 GB/563.85 GB/3.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner
aight, file limit issues again...can't zip it small enough either...so here's a condensed version:

1. Open Nero Burning ROM from the program list [NOT start smart or any of the other vision xpress, etc]

2. Select "DVD" and then "DVD-Video" in the pop up...click on the "ISO" tab and check the settings...if yer using "relaxed restrictions", maybe yer player can't deal with these??? once done, then click "new".

3. Their should be a *red* VIDEO_TS folder and an AUDIO_TS folder in the project window.

4. Navigate to the show's folder and select *ALL* of the files in the show's VIDEO_TS folder [.iso, .bup, and .vob files]

5. Drag them to the red VIDEO_TS folder

6. Burn

there *should be* no compatability issues with yer standalone dvd player using this method...let us know...we'll get it figured out eventually...

also, what make/model is yer standalone dvd player? just curious

i cannot try this until i get home tonite. as far as my dvd player, it is a sony 5 disc dvd player. it can play mp3's, cd's, and dvd's.

thank you everybody for all the help, tips and suggestions.
Old 2005-10-19, 04:25 PM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

Re: mpeg-1

will nero not reencode the file if you try to burn it as a vcd, svcd? It may give you the messages but you can continue, in which case it will reencode it to be compliant. If this doesn't work you're gonna have to drop it into vegas or something like that and reencode it into dvd or vcd or whatever you want. demuxing will not be required. demultiplexing is only required if you are trying to avoid reencoding... which you will have to do.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble