The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2010-01-18, 04:25 PM
1.99 TB/1.77 TB/0.89

Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I agree with peaktime and his analysis regarding members getting over 1:1. It does prevent others from getting to 1:1. If everyone would drop off when their ratio got to say, 1.1:1, then there wouldn't be as many 0.2:1 ratios.

However, I don't actually care about this so I don't drop off. I like getting a big ass ratio. Fuck everyone else. Muhhahahaha
there is an ass ratio too?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2010-01-18, 04:33 PM
1.08 TB/2.25 TB/2.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew101 View Post
Quote:
I agree with peaktime and his analysis regarding members getting over 1:1. It does prevent others from getting to 1:1. If everyone would drop off when their ratio got to say, 1.1:1, then there wouldn't be as many 0.2:1 ratios.

However, I don't actually care about this so I don't drop off. I like getting a big ass ratio. Fuck everyone else. Muhhahahaha
there is an ass ratio too?
Old 2010-01-18, 04:45 PM
Banned
59.73 GB/17.70 GB/0.30

Quote:

Old 2010-01-21, 06:22 AM
229.55 GB/440.35 GB/1.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner View Post
maybe the ratio-ego issue is simple...ratio is inversely proportional to penis size
yeah...
so the thread becomes: Name and Shame Users With Small Dicks.
that would be more in keeping with the times, for sure.
Old 2010-01-21, 06:28 AM
229.55 GB/440.35 GB/1.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyrayoll View Post
my bandwidth hurts. I only like Zep.
at least you finally admit it, homeboy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyrayoll View Post
BS
oh, damn, you were foolin' around!
Old 2010-01-21, 07:03 AM
Banned
59.73 GB/17.70 GB/0.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Ewing View Post
Quote:
maybe the ratio-ego issue is simple...ratio is inversely proportional to penis size
yeah...
so the thread becomes: Name and Shame Users With Small Dicks.
that would be more in keeping with the times, for sure.
He's saying that what they lack in junk size they make up for with a big beefy ratio. To put it into the vernacular of an oilman like yourself: it's kinda like getting a white '59 Caddy convertible with longhorn steer horns as a hood ornament if you just ain't getting it done in the bedroom.
Old 2010-01-21, 07:09 AM
Banned
59.73 GB/17.70 GB/0.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooncusser View Post
it really is amazing to see/read the very complex reasoning that some people apply to excuse themselves for being greedy and not paying back their fair share into the pool. it would be much more honest to just come right out and say "I'm greedy and/or lazy and would rather treat this as a download service that a sharing/trading site. Please do not expect me to stay connected 2 seconds after completing. And you're being rude for pointing out that I have a crappy ratio."
Posted via Mobile Device
"Give back what you take" is a nice little simplistic slogan that doesn't take into account several factors. It is easier to remember a nice little bumper sticker phrase, though, than to put some actual contemplative thought into what is a complex issue.
Old 2010-01-21, 09:01 AM
bright ambassador of morning
497.48 GB/1.18 TB/2.43

such as?
if you mean the rationale of "I have slow bandwidth but still want to download all this stuff" you won't find sympathy from a lot of people.
that sounds an awful lot like "I don't earn a lot of money but I'd like that brand new Mercedes SLK."
either go slower, do b&p's or weeds/vines so you don't use ratio,
or download all you want and ignore the criticism.
those who argue with the criticism are aware that a crap ratio is the downloader's responsibility and not the fault of "the system."
(but they'll keep trying to justify it)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 2010-01-21, 11:19 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaktime View Post
Quote:
it really is amazing to see/read the very complex reasoning that some people apply to excuse themselves for being greedy and not paying back their fair share into the pool. it would be much more honest to just come right out and say "I'm greedy and/or lazy and would rather treat this as a download service that a sharing/trading site. Please do not expect me to stay connected 2 seconds after completing. And you're being rude for pointing out that I have a crappy ratio."
Posted via Mobile Device
"Give back what you take" is a nice little simplistic slogan that doesn't take into account several factors. It is easier to remember a nice little bumper sticker phrase, though, than to put some actual contemplative thought into what is a complex issue.
i had no problem keeping a decent ratio even when on aol dial up...and now, my u/l speeds are limited to ~40k/s which is by no means speedy compared to a lot of high speed users, and i u/l more than my fair share no problem

all that aside, we do have a Vine and B&P forum that a lot of users who can't u/l still give back by offering up shows there...no excuse not to share, just sayin
Old 2010-01-21, 03:55 PM
Banned
59.73 GB/17.70 GB/0.30

Quote:
such as?
Why bother at this point? If you can't be bothered to address any of the many points that I and others have already made, then I'm not going to keep hammering away. You've got your bumper sticker and you like it.

Quote:
if you mean the rationale of "I have slow bandwidth but still want to download all this stuff" you won't find sympathy from a lot of people. that sounds an awful lot like "I don't earn a lot of money but I'd like that brand new Mercedes SLK."
The problem here is that you are comparing something that must be acquired via a commercial transaction with something that is freely traded or given away for free.

Quote:
either go slower, do b&p's or weeds/vines so you don't use ratio,
or download all you want and ignore the criticism.
those who argue with the criticism are aware that a crap ratio is the downloader's responsibility and not the fault of "the system."
(but they'll keep trying to justify it)
Posted via Mobile Device
No, I'm not aware that a crap ratio is always the downloader's responsibility, guess you haven't been keeping up with the discussion. You keep wanting to justify your unwavering "1:1 or you're a thief" viewpoint, while refusing to even acknowledge that viewpoints other than your own even exist.

Isn't it possible that there are users with very fast upload speeds who don't give a shit about others' ratios, and love to contribute to the site with their bandwidth? Imagine that, huh? All they are concerned with is distributing as many copies of the show as possible, and consider themselves fortunate to have their fast connection to be able to help out their fellow fans.
Old 2010-01-21, 04:09 PM
Banned
59.73 GB/17.70 GB/0.30

Quote:
i had no problem keeping a decent ratio even when on aol dial up...and now, my u/l speeds are limited to ~40k/s which is by no means speedy compared to a lot of high speed users, and i u/l more than my fair share no problem

all that aside, we do have a Vine and B&P forum that a lot of users who can't u/l still give back by offering up shows there...no excuse not to share, just sayin
There are always going to be a certain number of people who no matter how slow their connection speed, will always maintain a 1:1 ratio for whatever reason. e.g. it could be personal pride, or it could be not wanting to hear criticism. Curious...how many DVDs did you d/l over dial up?

Nothing wrong with vines and B&Ps if you're on dial up, have a small b/w cap, or just can't find certain shows any other way. Why use an old school trading method like snail mail if you don't have to? imo
Old 2010-01-21, 04:11 PM
1.99 TB/1.77 TB/0.89

Quote:
The problem here is that you are comparing something that must be acquired via a commercial transaction with something that is freely traded or given away for free.
remember, nothing in life is free

even in the olden snail mail trading days there was a cost for tapes/postage, now this hobby has evolved but there is still the cost for of ISP

at least sharpie009 has increased his ratio but yours has been forever stuck at 0.30

maybe you're more of a than a collector, that's OK too
Old 2010-01-21, 04:14 PM
Banned
59.73 GB/17.70 GB/0.30

the best things in life are free. remember?

Old 2010-01-21, 05:41 PM
Pottel
184.03 GB/284.91 GB/1.55

just realised this thread was started by the now late Koolkat...
Rip KK...
Old 2010-01-21, 09:48 PM
bright ambassador of morning
497.48 GB/1.18 TB/2.43

Quote:
the best things in life are free. remember?
that excludes teh interwebs

Quote:
Why bother at this point?
why bother, indeed? you feel entitled to do whatever you want because it's the internet.
don't worry, you're not the first
(and it might be considered free in terms of money exchanging hands, but it's not free in terms of other peoples effort and time)

Quote:
No, I'm not aware that a crap ratio is always the downloader's responsibility, guess you haven't been keeping up with the discussion. You keep wanting to justify your unwavering "1:1 or you're a thief" viewpoint, while refusing to even acknowledge that viewpoints other than your own even exist.
I fully acknowledge other viewpoints exist, but I specifically disagree with yours.

Quote:
Isn't it possible that there are users with very fast upload speeds who don't give a shit about others' ratios, and love to contribute to the site with their bandwidth? Imagine that, huh? All they are concerned with is distributing as many copies of the show as possible, and consider themselves fortunate to have their fast connection to be able to help out their fellow fans.
Deflecting attention? Another tactic of someone who knows their position is weak. The seeders aren't the issue - unless you want to be one of those silly wanks who complains that your ratio can't improve because other people seed too much. The issue is people who take more than they give back.

It is nice to see you put a value on what seeders provide, though. Even though it's more rationalizing of your entitled take-what-I-want approach. How about the next person who wants the show? Are you gonna hop on and seed for them? Or are you going to leave it to someone else? We both know the answer to that.

Quote:
There are always going to be a certain number of people who no matter how slow their connection speed, will always maintain a 1:1 ratio for whatever reason. e.g. it could be personal pride, or it could be not wanting to hear criticism. Curious...how many DVDs did you d/l over dial up?
so what if you had no internet connection at all? would that mean seeders should send you discs at their expense? (just going with an absurd extension of your logic)

Quote:
Nothing wrong with vines and B&Ps if you're on dial up, have a small b/w cap, or just can't find certain shows any other way. Why use an old school trading method like snail mail if you don't have to? imo
So you're basically admitting that you're lazy and impatient.

It's OK, we can get through this together.

Quote:
Vince Gill:
I just got an award presented to me by a Beatle. Have you had that happen yet, Kanye?
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
I knew that was the wrong answer
such is the nature of Gilligan.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Tags
uberleechers