The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2009-05-10, 10:05 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Re: Invalid torrent file error troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdshrk1 View Post
I have changed the announce. But what should I do about the ones with the missing e in the dictionary? Should they be pulled & reupped? Let me know. The Lounge Lizards alone is worth it.
I am trying.. . so hard.. to understand what that means... I can't do it.

Old 2009-05-10, 10:06 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Mdshrk1, what is the announce url you are using with the torrents? It never changed when we 'lost' our domains, it should always have stayed as thetradersden.org - is that what you were using?

I don't know what you mean about a missing e in dictionary... is that an error you are getting?

Although, what I don't understand is why some people can download the file and others can't. That makes it sound like a computer issue. Can you guys save the file to your computer?

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-05-10, 11:12 AM
9.05 GB/23.05 GB/2.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
Mdshrk1, what is the announce url you are using with the torrents? It never changed when we 'lost' our domains, it should always have stayed as thetradersden.org - is that what you were using?

I don't know what you mean about a missing e in dictionary... is that an error you are getting?

Although, what I don't understand is why some people can download the file and others can't. That makes it sound like a computer issue. Can you guys save the file to your computer?
I have not been able to DL any of Mdshrk1's offerings... I'm using Vuze (Azura) and get the message below:

'C:\Users\Marshall\AppData\Roaming\Azureus\torrents\girls2008-04-26.fm-flac16.torrent - Error reading torrent: BDecoder: invalid input data, 'e' missing from end of dictionary

I was able to get the John Hartford Band DL from Mdshrk1 to save and then open in Vuze. But, no luck with the others from the last several days.

(I want to make sure that it's clear that I appreciate these seeeds!!!! Keep it up Mdshrk1 )
Old 2009-05-10, 11:36 AM
226.56 GB/64.12 GB/0.28

Quote:

When I click the torrent link I can select "open" or "save". I am able to "save" the file, but if attempt to "open" I get a utorrent error: "unable to load...Invlaid torrent file!" Hope this answers your question above.

Once again, while I get this error with only mdshrk1's torrents, and also the single uncle_johns Zappa torrent I mentinoed above, all seems good with all other torrents on this or any other tracker.

Echo the thanks for the effort to mdshrk and all! Very grateful, many thanks!
Old 2009-05-10, 11:37 AM
Utterly Bastard Groovy
75.55 GB/92.04 GB/1.22

Might have something to do with this?

http://azureuswiki.com/index.php/Azu...aging_protocol
Old 2009-05-10, 12:16 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Are you guys able to download other recent torrents? It would help to get a link to a recent non-working torrent and a recent working torrent. I tried comparing one of mdshrks recent ones to one uploaded by someone else and other than the files in the torrent being different, everything else looked the same (both used traders little helper to create the file). The two I compared were:
Nashville Bluegrass Band 1994-04-24 (FLAC)
U2 2001-05-12 Chicago Drew's IEM+AUD Matrix (16-bit) (FLAC)

Old 2009-05-10, 01:36 PM
106.56 GB/165.32 GB/1.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdshrk1 View Post
I have changed the announce. But what should I do about the ones with the missing e in the dictionary? Should they be pulled & reupped? Let me know. The Lounge Lizards alone is worth it.

Still can't get the Bill Monroe one to work even after changing the announce in the torrent file.
Old 2009-05-10, 01:42 PM
106.56 GB/165.32 GB/1.55

The Nashville Bluegrass works now since the fix along with the Ellington one (didn't need a fix) like I mentioned the Lounge Lizards don't work and the Black Keys don't either. I think these are the links you want...

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...3&d=1241887489

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...1&d=1241901874
Old 2009-05-10, 02:18 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by canon View Post
The Nashville Bluegrass works now since the fix along with the Ellington one (didn't need a fix) like I mentioned the Lounge Lizards don't work and the Black Keys don't either. I think these are the links you want...

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...3&d=1241887489

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...1&d=1241901874
He has the wrong announceurl in those two (tradersden.org, not thetradersden.org). I'm not sure why they work for other users and not for you (it works just fine for me). When I download it, it puts the correct url into the file (it changes it to thetradersden.org like it should). Is that happening to yours (open it in a text editor and see). When you download it, does it download as a .torrent file?

Old 2009-05-10, 02:59 PM
106.56 GB/165.32 GB/1.55

Quote:
He has the wrong announceurl in those two (tradersden.org, not thetradersden.org). I'm not sure why they work for other users and not for you (it works just fine for me). When I download it, it puts the correct url into the file (it changes it to thetradersden.org like it should). Is that happening to yours (open it in a text editor and see). When you download it, does it download as a .torrent file?
The files have thetradersden.org in them and they download as a torrent file I can't figure it out either. I could not get the Nashville one to work till he fixed it then it worked no problem. I guess I'll wait till everything gets sorted out...
Old 2009-05-10, 03:09 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

He didn't post what he did to 'fix' the other one, so I'm a bit curious about that. And again, it doesn't make sense that it works for so many other users and not you. You might want to delete the files from your computer and try to go back to the page and do a Force Refresh on the page and then download it. Maybe it is something in your cache.

Old 2009-05-10, 03:31 PM
Purveyor of the Eclectic
TTD VIP
41.37 GB/5.66 TB/140.17

Quote:
He didn't post what he did to 'fix' the other one, so I'm a bit curious about that. And again, it doesn't make sense that it works for so many other users and not you. You might want to delete the files from your computer and try to go back to the page and do a Force Refresh on the page and then download it. Maybe it is something in your cache.
All I did to fix the new ones was change the announce back to what it was. When I run the torrent check in tlh, they check out OK.

mdshrk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock View Post
People suck. I'd rather look at memes and gifs of people doing stupid shit that confirms my misanthropic views than actually deal with their shit face to face.
Old 2009-05-10, 06:16 PM
9.05 GB/23.05 GB/2.55

Quote:
Are you guys able to download other recent torrents? It would help to get a link to a recent non-working torrent and a recent working torrent. I tried comparing one of mdshrks recent ones to one uploaded by someone else and other than the files in the torrent being different, everything else looked the same (both used traders little helper to create the file). The two I compared were:
Nashville Bluegrass Band 1994-04-24 (FLAC)
U2 2001-05-12 Chicago Drew's IEM+AUD Matrix (16-bit) (FLAC)
I have been able to DL the last 2 mdshrk1 torrents -

Dave Brubeck Quartet 9-23-07 http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=72490

and John Hartford Band 4-1-00 http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=72476

I am not (and get the "e" missing from dictionary error message) able to get the ones before, i.e. -

Girls for Merle 2008-4-28 http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=72446

or Austin Lounge Lizards 2008-4-19 http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=72452

I can live without the older torrents (although it will be an unfilled life), god knows I have enough to listen to now.

Again (and always) thanks for all everyone does here to keep things running smooth and sharing the groove.
Old 2009-05-10, 09:21 PM
1.63 TB/2.63 TB/1.61

I get this message when I tried to dl the Black Keys audio.

Unable to load "Black Keys 2009-07-31.torrent": Invalid torrent file!

I tried earlier suggestions but no luck.
Old 2009-05-10, 09:47 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

thanks spurfan - im getting the same error & looking into it as well.

i have a strong suspicion a setting was incorrectly set (not set at default) when the torrent metafile was created.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble