The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-12-07, 09:07 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: can't add attachment torrent file

The torrents are getting uploaded. So, whatever is happening isn't because of that. Are you still having the issue that you know the torrent is attached but then the thread isn't getting posted? I mean, that you hit Submit this Thread and then you get taken back to the same page? That is the issue we are trying to deal with, right? If so, the next thing I would do is do the upload and just put "xyz" in where the text should go and "123" where the fingerprints should go and then see if it submits (assuming you attached the torrent and you filled out the other parts of the form. Oh, are you making a long thread title? Just put the artist name in there for now. You can always edit that stuff later after the thread gets made. (It sounds like this is an issue of vbulletin rejecting something in the fields - like you have too much in one of them.)

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-12-08, 10:16 AM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.80 TB/9.57

Lynne - wouldn't work for me last night, or this morning either. And I redid the torrent file and tried old ones that had worked - still the same thing. I get the message "Upload of file failed".

Dennis
Old 2007-12-08, 10:33 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Old ones that had worked won't work because they are already on the tracker and you get an error trying to upload a torrent that is already on the tracker.

Dennis, you had successfully uploaded one to the tracker and I'll bet the error was because of that. I just deleted it from the tracker (I think it was Buddy Guy?)

I'm getting the sense that since vbulletin is so into caching everything now, that it 'remembers' errors and just spits them out to you all the time after you get one. I think you need to make sure to leave the upload page, then come back and do a force refresh, and then try again with a new torrent that has a new hash. I'm gonna have to work on that.

Old 2007-12-08, 10:36 AM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.80 TB/9.57

Yeah, Buddy Guy is what I'm trying to do, but it never showed that it was successful. I'll try again now.
Old 2007-12-08, 10:37 AM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.80 TB/9.57

Damn, now it says it exceeds my quota by 69 kb
Old 2007-12-08, 10:51 AM
474.95 GB/976.90 GB/2.06

Thumbs up Re: can't add attachment torrent file

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
The torrents are getting uploaded. So, whatever is happening isn't because of that. Are you still having the issue that you know the torrent is attached but then the thread isn't getting posted? I mean, that you hit Submit this Thread and then you get taken back to the same page? That is the issue we are trying to deal with, right? If so, the next thing I would do is do the upload and just put "xyz" in where the text should go and "123" where the fingerprints should go and then see if it submits (assuming you attached the torrent and you filled out the other parts of the form. Oh, are you making a long thread title? Just put the artist name in there for now. You can always edit that stuff later after the thread gets made. (It sounds like this is an issue of vbulletin rejecting something in the fields - like you have too much in one of them.)

U2Lynne, not sure what got fixed, but I woke up this morning, tried the same torrent that didn't upload last night, and it worked...you are corrent in that the torrent was getting attached but then the thread wasn't getting posted. I would hit 'submit new thread' and would get taken to the same page. Tried it once this morning, and it worked smooth as silk like every other time not counting yesterday....
Old 2007-12-08, 10:57 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Dennis, your upload quota should be fixed now. And, I removed the torrent that was uploaded again before you got that message.

buddhacat, I changed the allowed length of titles since you seem to go for the longer thread titles. That is probably why it works now.

Old 2007-12-08, 12:24 PM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.80 TB/9.57

Working now! Thanks, Lynne
Old 2007-12-08, 01:14 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

so perhaps its all just the quota thing.
there should be a default global setting for all users
(i would guess)
Old 2007-12-08, 01:38 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh View Post
so perhaps its all just the quota thing.
there should be a default global setting for all users
(i would guess)
I fixed the quota thing and also posted on vb.org asking if they plan to fix that. It's because he was in another 'group'. You and I noticed that when playing on the test site.

Dubwise, who started this thread, was not in any other usergroup, so his was not a quota thing. It's like once you get an error, it remembers it and no matter what you do, you get that error. I was reading through some other threads at vb.org and I may try to rewrite the upload script to do the torrent checking at another point during the upload process. Maybe that would fix the problems. I'll have to try it out on the test site though. It's hard to chase these sort of errors cuz the script can't 'talk' to me while it's happening so I can't put in debug stuff.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble