The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-02-04, 02:50 AM
160.15 GB/194.79 GB/1.22

NAT Error: Can I still download?

I'm new to the forum and the torrent idea, so I'm sure other people have come across this before. But a quick search hasn't revealed anything for me. All the downloads I have are yellow. When I mouse over them they say NAT Error possible. After a little research of that I come to find it's most likely something with your router. There inlays the problem. Right now, renting an apartment and working two jobs to get by, my internet comes from where I can get it. That means whatever person is broadcasting their wireless internet without protection, that's where I'm getting my internet.

So my question is this, if I have a NAT error, can I still download? Or will the file not complete? Will it just download slower?

Thanks for your answers on this.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-02-04, 09:15 AM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Re: NAT Error: Can I still download?

Doubt you're gonna get a whole lot of help here when you're stealing someone's bandwidth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.
Old 2008-02-04, 11:29 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Since you can't forward your ports and get unfirewalled, you will continue to get that error. Sure, you can still download and upload, however you can only download and upload to users who are not firewalled. Usually this won't matter, but I have seen some shows where all the users are firewalled and so no data gets exchanged.

You may want to check out the Snail Mail forum and the Vines forum. Those forums do not involve downloading/internet use and are a great way for users to get new shows also.

Old 2008-02-10, 12:10 AM
61.85 GB/74.30 GB/1.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalrusMan View Post
I'm new to the forum and the torrent idea, so I'm sure other people have come across this before. But a quick search hasn't revealed anything for me. All the downloads I have are yellow. When I mouse over them they say NAT Error possible. After a little research of that I come to find it's most likely something with your router. There inlays the problem. Right now, renting an apartment and working two jobs to get by, my internet comes from where I can get it. That means whatever person is broadcasting their wireless internet without protection, that's where I'm getting my internet.

So my question is this, if I have a NAT error, can I still download? Or will the file not complete? Will it just download slower?

Thanks for your answers on this.
With 2 jobs you may also want to consider getting your own internet service....you may just find it does wonders for your issues.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble