The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-11-04, 03:32 PM
185.33 GB/173.88 GB/0.94

Tracker Status: OK (dht:)

I'm currently seeding a torrent and I have this under my tracker status
heading. What does it mean?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-11-04, 03:45 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Tracker Status: OK (dht:)

It means you have dht turned on. This isn't always a good thing. If you are connected to someone via DHT, then that means the tracker is no longer 'in-the-loop'. Which in turn means stats don't get updated for any data transferred between you and the other person via dht (at least, this is my understanding of the end result. I turn DHT off in Azureus (look up decentralized tracking in the option menu).

Old 2006-11-07, 07:41 AM
185.33 GB/173.88 GB/0.94

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
It means you have dht turned on. This isn't always a good thing. If you are connected to someone via DHT, then that means the tracker is no longer 'in-the-loop'. Which in turn means stats don't get updated for any data transferred between you and the other person via dht (at least, this is my understanding of the end result. I turn DHT off in Azureus (look up decentralized tracking in the option menu).
Altering the DHT setting in Azureus shows up in a couple of places:

1) Under the "connection" section there is a bullet under peer sources that is default set to "decentralized tracking"

2) Under the "sharing" section there is a bullet choice between "allow decentralized tracking when tracker is unavailable" and "private torrent - only accept peers from the tracker"

3) Also in the "sharing" section there is a pop-up under "protocol for shared resources" and the choices are "decentralized" (the default), UDP, HTTP and HTTP (ssl)

I'm not sure which ones to set. I turned off the bullet mentioned in (1) but the seed is still seeding and the tracker status is still "OK (dht)". I also clicked the bullet mentioned in (2) to "private torrent". The only thing I haven't altered is the pop-up because I'm not sure what to set it too -- UDP, HTTP or HTTP (ssl).

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 2006-11-07, 09:48 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Well, I have the following set for me and don't see the OK(dht) message anymore.

1) Peers Source - I only have From a tracker checked
2) I have none of those four options checked
3) I have the drop-down set to http

My tracker status always just says "OK" now.

Old 2006-11-07, 10:09 PM
185.33 GB/173.88 GB/0.94

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Well, I have the following set for me and don't see the OK(dht) message anymore.

1) Peers Source - I only have From a tracker checked
2) I have none of those four options checked
3) I have the drop-down set to http

My tracker status always just says "OK" now.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try those settings out.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble