The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2007-05-10, 12:30 AM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Is there an explicit ratio policy here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Nothing. We aren't banning anyone over ratios (have we ever said we would?). This is a discussion thread. Are we not allowed to discuss here?
Are we?

Then why did you stop me from mentioning ..........

Are we allowed to discuss here? Freely discuss?

I dunno, you make the rules, you decided I couldn't use a certain word to even explain myself.

In reply to a previous post

Hell I wouldn't even be in this thread if certain people hadn't referred to me.

Why invoke the devil if you already know you won't like him for telling the truth?

Now you say 'this is a discussion thread" ......

Well that's ALL I was trying to do. discuss.....

goddam, you know I really love you but sometimes you send such mixed signals.

Now, are you sure we shouldn't discuss my ratio? You forgetting how many times you had to quiet down that looney-bird?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-05-10, 01:55 AM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer
Which post was that?
Old 2007-05-10, 09:55 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer
I just looked through the thread.... you showed up at post 51, but I can't find you mentioned prior to that.

Old 2007-05-10, 10:07 AM
toys
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
I just looked through the thread.... you showed up at post 51, but I can't find you mentioned prior to that.
check post #7 made by me. i guess when freezer read through this thread he didn't like the cute responses by DCbullet and Jameskg so felt he had to jump into the ratio discussion to pick a fight with them.
Old 2007-05-10, 12:58 PM
Trader Dave
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner
do you ever have those moments when you wish this online community could materialize into a real 3dimensional space, lets say the pub maybe...that way all the wankers with their assanine opinions. greedy justifications, and complete lack of respect for the community could be served a healthy dose of some SHUTTHEFUCKUP! pint glass to the head style

[i should probly be de-modded Lynne, maybe take a break from online trading...leechers are beginning to make me violent ]
Let me get this straight. you wish Dudogger could say his opinion to you in a bar face to face so you can break a bottle over his head for having a different opinion than yours and other ppl here want to drink beer with you after you said that?

I understand where Dudogger is coming from. Some of you guys sound like you are defending America from the Muslims.
Old 2007-05-10, 01:08 PM
Non Serviam
3.27 TB/25.64 TB/7.83

Share Share Share...Even tapers leach off of the bands, and bands leach off of the fans...it is a circle, and may it remain unbroken.

Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil. --Jerry Garcia
Old 2007-05-10, 01:12 PM
GrOoOvemeister
2.57 TB/2.00 TB/0.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader Dave
Let me get this straight. you wish Dudogger could say his opinion to you in a bar face to face so you can break a bottle over his head for having a different opinion than yours and other ppl here want to drink beer with you after you said that?

I understand where Dudogger is coming from. Some of you guys sound like you are defending America from the Muslims.
FWIW, I think Dudogger has the wrong attitude...he does nothing to contribute here in any way and is proud of it...I disagree with his attitude and think he is wrong in the matter...but I don't think it's appropriate to wish harm on others like that...if the conversation breaks down that far, we should agree to disagree and leave it at that...which is where I left it...some people have really kicked it up a notch, and that's a little discouraging...spirited debate shouldn't turn into a mosh pit, but that's just my opinion
Old 2007-05-10, 01:42 PM
Trader Dave
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishblowz
FWIW, I think Dudogger has the wrong attitude...he does nothing to contribute here in any way and is proud of it...I disagree with his attitude and think he is wrong in the matter...but I don't think it's appropriate to wish harm on others like that...if the conversation breaks down that far, we should agree to disagree and leave it at that...which is where I left it...some people have really kicked it up a notch, and that's a little discouraging...spirited debate shouldn't turn into a mosh pit, but that's just my opinion
I thought he was just saying that the share ratio isn't a fair way to judge others and a lot of ppl are using it to bash others?

Anyway, that's what i thought i read.
Old 2007-05-10, 02:48 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by toys
check post #7 made by me. i guess when freezer read through this thread he didn't like the cute responses by DCbullet and Jameskg so felt he had to jump into the ratio discussion to pick a fight with them.
Hello "games".....so good to see you again......
Old 2007-05-10, 04:16 PM
GrOoOvemeister
2.57 TB/2.00 TB/0.78

it's a little more complicated than that, but for a simple look at it, people pick on people with low ratios asking for reseeds and artwork and shit, because it's felt that if they aren't giving the community shit, what right do they have to ask for more...they should be happy enough with what they get...and my opinion is that it's right to verbally abuse someone who deserves it, but if we are only looking at the ratio to determine the "value" on the site (which I too commonly do, and am trying to curb that behavior) then we should have the ratios reflect all their involvement on the site (vines bnp and other offerings...not just upload numbers) but again, that's a very short-sighted overview of the whole thing (the way I see it, at least)

but to your point, all of this can be discussed rationally (to some degree) and the idea of wanting to resort to violence to make your point is excessive, which I said in regards to your original comment (agreeing that this is getting out of hand)
Old 2007-05-10, 05:02 PM
79.89 GB/72.01 GB/0.90

Quote:
Phishblowz, freezer has sent a lot of shows to some users to seed here. His ratio will always be 0 even though he has shared who know how many new shows here (or elsewhere). So, he would be banned if we enforced a ratio ban here. Is that right?
To get a ratio you take what a person uploads and divide it by what they downloaded right? Doing that with Freezer's stats would mean dividing zero by zero, and well.. I don't know what happens when you divide by zero. Very, very dangerous territory there!
Old 2007-05-10, 07:08 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by guygee
Share Share Share...Even tapers leach off of the bands, and bands leach off of the fans...it is a circle, and may it remain unbroken.

Old 2007-05-10, 07:13 PM
GrOoOvemeister
2.57 TB/2.00 TB/0.78

like I said, Freezer has a non-ratio...if you don't take anything, you don't give anything back...it's still balanced and not a defecit...but freezer should have major upload credited to his ratio stats for all his "behind the scenes" efforts in recording and circulating the things he has worked on like that...I have said several times that many of the folks here with these bad attitudes have done no wrong in my book...either their ratio looks good or I am conciously aware of their other efforts (like in Freezers case) so they're all cool by me...hopefully none of them have taken any offense to what i said...I they they are acting childish amongst each other, but the few encounters I've had with any of them, they were decent to me, so I can't speak against them...they have done no wrong by me

but about this ratio issue...say for instance a 5gb credit to your account for every vine offer, or bnp fulfilled, etc...all the people who download without uploading but give back in other ways, would receive credit for what they do and it would balance the ratio...the only people who would have poor stats would be those who contribute nothing in any fashion here...it could be done, and it would settle a lot of the inaccuracies with the ratio...I even offered the idea of abandoning the ban idea, but still finding a way to make the ratio about your overall efforts, and not just your bandwidth count...but no one has said ANYTHING about it...is it a bad idea???

I just think that most folks who are very active in the vines and bnps are getting shortchanged when people see a lousy ratio and think they don't contribute...why not credit them so they are recognized and appreciated for the effort...that's why we post ratios here, is for the recognition of your effort (or lack thereof) so why not apply the credit properly...if this is not JUST a torrent site, then why are the ratios specific to the torrents, and not the whole site...would anyone opine on whether this idea sounds good (or even makes sense to anyone but me)...PLEASE!!! it sounds like the answer to a lot of these problems, and no one said a word about it...don't you viners and bnpers want to get credit for your efforts???
Old 2007-05-10, 07:32 PM
167.93 GB/219.69 GB/1.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishblowz
don't you viners and bnpers want to get credit for your efforts???
They already get credit by being seen as good, reliable traders/viners/bnpers by others i.e. they get referrals by word of mouth. Unreliable, bad traders/viners/bnpers get outed privately and/or publicly, losing credibility not only on TTD but other live music trading communities as well.
Old 2007-05-11, 07:29 AM
toys
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

for what its worth, the perecentage of members here with a ratio below .5 is less than 10%

meanwhile, the percentage of firewalled members currently on the tracker is around 40%

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions