The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-08-23, 02:50 PM
Respected Member
188.14 GB/308.90 GB/1.64

Question How do I rip Losless audio from dvd?

hey guys I have lots of DVD Bootlegs which have been authored with Loseless audio or have 3 audio options.

1 ) Some of these are SBD and i would like to know how can i rip the audio from the dvds into loseless format? what software should i use?

2 ) some of them aren't loseless so how would i just rip audio from a dvd to either mp3 or wav, what software is there to use?

please help me answer these two questions, im not going to trade these converted shows though as they will be only for my personal enjoyment and something i can listen to while im in the car or on my iriver thanks.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-08-23, 04:54 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: How do I rip Losless audio from dvd?

You should probably go over to videohelp.com and look through their tutorials. They have a few on how to do this, it really depends on what applications you already have available.

Old 2007-08-23, 06:05 PM
239.11 GB/499.13 GB/2.09

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeX-
hey guys I have lots of DVD Bootlegs which have been authored with Loseless audio or have 3 audio options.

1 ) Some of these are SBD and i would like to know how can i rip the audio from the dvds into loseless format? what software should i use?

2 ) some of them aren't loseless so how would i just rip audio from a dvd to either mp3 or wav, what software is there to use?

please help me answer these two questions, im not going to trade these converted shows though as they will be only for my personal enjoyment and something i can listen to while im in the car or on my iriver thanks.
DVD Audio extractor works great for me, if you google it you can get a thirty day free trial, but there are obviously ways you can get it for free
Old 2007-08-31, 11:58 AM
12.80 GB/9.63 GB/0.75

DVD Decrypter.
Choose which audio stream yo want and it will demux it. If there is not a lossless (LPCM) stream you will need another tool to convert the MP2/AC3 to a suitable audio format.
dbpoweramp works fine for mp2 and Ciler's AC3 Tool is my choice for simple conversions of AC3 to wav.
Old 2007-09-02, 12:38 AM
the non-nuclear Homer Simpson
202.13 GB/314.80 GB/1.56

I've used Adobe Audition (originally Cool Edit Pro) to rip audio from DVD. Check the torrent sites for "free" versions. It also works for many other audio editing uses (making sample clips, adjusting treble/bass etc and splitting tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I hear the Rape is lovely this time of year.
Quote:
hey man if nobody else has helped you out, i can continue to ignore you too

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble