The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2012-02-17, 11:04 PM
1.94 TB/2.53 TB/1.31

Best bang for the buck software for synching audio to vids?

hey now... have a couple of projects ive been waiting to tackle. was wondering if anyone had any input re: "best low budget options" for software to synch audio to video files..have two VHS shows to transfer and upgrade. probably not worth spending lots of cash on software but curious whats out there as far as options go. definitely want a high quality end product. thanks in advance and will seed here when done
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2012-02-18, 05:14 AM
IC Elvis & hear God on my iPod
742.25 GB/2.35 TB/3.25

Location: Latitude: 52,3500°, Longitude: 4,9167°, Altitude: High
Re: Best bang for the buck software for synching audio to vids?

For the software, PC or Apple?

Remember that if you want to do a really proper conversion you'll need whats called an A/D Converter (like a Canopus for example).
Some camcorders will let you connect the VCR to your camcorder and then you can use the camcorder's Firewire/USB to connect to your computer (the camcorder works as a pass-through).
Another way is to ask for somebody with the proper setup and gear to do the conversion for you. If the footage is special enough (e.g. an upgrade or uncirculated material) there might be somebody who is willing to do the job for you.
Old 2012-02-18, 11:03 AM
1.94 TB/2.53 TB/1.31

thanks jabulon. just from reading source info i did know that re: conversion, and i guess my question was too vague/cart ahead of horse. (my OS's are XP and vista). here's the story:

someone contacted me a while back through my youtube channel (burningshoreprophet) and asked me if i wanted a VHS copy of phish 12.29.93, full show but unknown source/gen. he isnt stressed about getting the tape back, so i said sure. he wants me to share in full show format on YT. no problem. and i have always wanted to tackle this kind of project. its pretty sweet given the unknown lineage.

As soon as i started asking around for audio sources/if someone would torrent, etc, somebody else uploaded this show to youtube without the upgraded audio/chopped up into tracks (it looks to me like its the same video). a kind brother did get back to me and i downloaded 2 sources from him: to my ears the shnid #2625 (neumann) sounds the best (also have #33300).

i also have a super sweet los lobos show on VHS that im positive is uncirculated but torrenting it would piss ppl off, so thats more of a private share deal. So... unless people start sending me tapes im really looking at only 2 projects, not sure how much i would need to spend to do it right.

thanks again in advance for any help/addtl info.
-hans
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2012-02-19, 01:44 PM
IC Elvis & hear God on my iPod
742.25 GB/2.35 TB/3.25

Location: Latitude: 52,3500°, Longitude: 4,9167°, Altitude: High

Some software choices: Sony Vegas Suite, Adobe Premiere Pro Suite or TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 (if you don't want to pay, you can use a free trial version), but there are many others. Have a look at this site: http://www.videohelp.com/ , you can ind a lot of info there too.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble