The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2005-05-07, 08:31 PM
1.59 TB/658.72 GB/0.41

Grateful Dead Posts

Since that www.archive.org has a strong collection of Grateful dead releases, I think the offering here should be limited to upgradeds. I just saw a Grateful Dead show that points to an external link when you can get it in seconds through the archives. I love to download shows of the dead so people should specify if its an upgrade. I could be ignorant if there is better but it seems like archives has a Grate deal and if there is something better....im just saying measure up to the best and if anything this site should put up a link to that site, so that we can reduce redundancy.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-05-07, 08:38 PM
1.59 TB/658.72 GB/0.41

Re: Grateful Dead Posts

People should know that these shows are offerd in great quanity. Unless there would be problems with so many people accessing this, the Grateful Dead are the BEST. Not to mention the most accessible group so, this should be considered to furthur the grateful community
Old 2005-05-08, 02:30 PM
923.61 MB/96.22 MB/0.10

Re: Grateful Dead Posts

It's hardly in the spirit of the trading community to burden archive.org with ALL of the bandwidth for downloading gd shows, hence we have "BITTORRENT"... it's a 30 kilobyte (or so) pointer file on the tracker and the distributed bandwidth makes MUCH more sense than expecting etree to supply everything to the whole world.

It would make good common sense for seeders to check their material against the etree and archive.org databases to see how their offerings stack up to what's available, but other than keeping within "etree guidelines" for trading and posting, I don't see anything wrong with BT offers of GD@TTD.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions