The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-07-01, 08:07 PM
1.59 TB/658.72 GB/0.41

Increasing Upload Rates?

Ive been using bitTornado for a while now and Im wondering if its possible to take advantage of my bandwidth and force my upload rate to increase. I dont think I've seen it faster than 40 kb/s, and I keep my max upload bar to 500 kb/s. That doesnt seem to affect it at all. When i'm done with a download and want to keep my window open, I feel I might as well be pumping it out. If anyone has any suggestions...
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-07-01, 09:09 PM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

Re: Increasing Upload Rates?

I still haven't had a chance to check out BitTornado (I installed it though), but I think there are two settings for bandwidth - 1 for each torrent and one for the overall bandwidth. Make sure they both are set where you want them (max?). Also, if you're downloading anything else, the one torrent that is finished won't necessarily get full upload because it still has to share with the other torrent(s).

Anything else that you're doing on your computer as far as data transfer, is also going to be shared with BT.
Old 2005-07-01, 11:13 PM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

Your ISP limits your upload speed regardless of what you set your upload speed at. Mine is around 40 as well. There was a website that would tell you your max upload speed, but I forget the address. You could probably google it. Anyway, you actually want to keep your upload at about 80% of your max upload speed. It helps your computer run much more smoothly.
Old 2005-07-01, 11:47 PM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmyth79
Your ISP limits your upload speed regardless of what you set your upload speed at. Mine is around 40 as well. There was a website that would tell you your max upload speed, but I forget the address. You could probably google it. Anyway, you actually want to keep your upload at about 80% of your max upload speed. It helps your computer run much more smoothly.
True, but he is getting 40kb/sec, not 40kB/sec (well, that's what his post says). That's dial-up vs. cable/DSL.

burglecutt - are you on dial-up, cable, DSL? and what EXACTLY is your speed (K=bytes, k=bits)? Big difference.

Your ISP should tell you your max upload/download speeds. Just go to their website and see, or call tech support. Keep in mind that you may not always transfer at the max speed.
Old 2005-07-02, 08:57 AM
389.16 GB/867.01 GB/2.23

http://www.broadbandreports.com/stest

this is the speed test.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble