The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-01-10, 11:23 PM
eric9
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Red face Re: Report all ratio issues here

thanks traders den and everyone seeding for all the incredible stuff!! this stuff is invaluable, and i am very grateful to have found a site where i can freely download it. just one small issue to speak of: my stats seem to be off. the only reason i am even posting concerning this issue is for fear of being viewed as a leech, or a snatcher. my current share ratio is a mere .36 with only 4.77 gb uploaded. this is odd because i have two complete downloads seeding, and with these two alone, my stats reveal that i have uploaded at least 7 gb. i am feverishly trying to get my ratio up, forced seeding, stopping downloads, etc., but my ratio is only slowly crawling up. i've tried exiting my client and reopening it numerous times, and unless i am missing something, these two torrents seem to be of TTD (umphrey's bonnaroo dvd & the only string cheese dvd). any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

also, being somewhat of a newbie, could someone possibly direct me to info concerning ports (whether mine are open, and if not how to open one or many)
thanks much!!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-01-10, 11:30 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Report all ratio issues here

eric, it looks like you are uploading at least one torrent (the String Cheese one) that is on the old tracker. Any show uploaded to the site prior to July 2 is on the old tracker. The old tracker is unable to keep track of stats which is why yours aren't updating from that show.

If you want, you can send an email to the Contact Us link below with your upload/download for the String Cheese DVD and we can manually update your stats.

And, if you open up the Peers list on a torrent that you are on (if it's on the new tracker) and your port is in red, then you are firewalled. I have some links in my signature which can help. You can also post in Technobabble for further assistance.

Old 2006-01-11, 03:59 AM
eric9
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

much thanks for your quick reply u2lynne!!
also, thank you for the port links! i was in the red, but no longer
my download speeds have increased tremendously!!
i also sent my cheese info to the contact link.
thanks again,
eric
Old 2006-01-11, 06:25 PM
rocktard
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I uploaded about 3.8 Gig on this torrent:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums...ghlight=Beatles

Yet I was not given credit for downloading or uploading. I found out later it was on the old tracker. Could I have a stats adjustment? Thanks guys.
Robin
Old 2006-01-11, 07:34 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

rocktard, you did something to that link. I just need to know how much download to give you credit for along with the 3.8 GB upload.

Old 2006-01-11, 09:04 PM
rocktard
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I downloaded 2.13 gig. Sorry I forgot to add that.
Old 2006-01-11, 10:11 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

OK, I fixed them for you.

Old 2006-01-11, 10:59 PM
rocktard
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Much appreciated, U2Lynne.
Old 2006-01-13, 08:54 AM
quietcats
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Hi
I'm sorry to say that I'm not showing any stats here or showing in the peers list although from my completed figure I think I can 'see' me! I'm on the REM with Nick Harcourt torrent.
Will this make a problem for me to join any torrents in the future?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Old 2006-01-13, 09:57 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hi Quietcats,

Your 'problem' is that you use AOL. Everytime you login to AOL, you get a new IP address. The problem arises because that happens to others also and then they login to the site and some of them get an IP address that you used to have (your current one has been used by three other people on this site) and the tracker gets confused about who to give the stats to.

You can either post the up/down that needs to be added to your stats or you can send and email to the Contact Us link below and we can adjust your stats for you.

Old 2006-01-13, 10:45 AM
quietcats
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Hi - thanks for your swift reply. I'm seeding this at about 40Kbs at the moment so I'll hang on until this drops off and then I'll post the final stats on this one if that's OK
Old 2006-01-14, 03:04 AM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

my ul should be about 215+ GB...thanks
(I haven't seen it update in several days even though I just got back from a week-long trip and azureus is still running and it shows about 40GB uploaded over the past 5 days...I'm sure logging in from various hotels/airports doesn't help the tracker any though Maybe it would help if the tracker could log multiple ip addys for one username??)

"If your share ratio is less than 1.0, then please offer b&ps and/or freebies to give back to the TTD community" ~Chachi
Old 2006-01-14, 11:31 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You're fixed up, Chachi. And yeah, I'm sure it got confused when you logged in from those other places.

Old 2006-01-14, 11:47 AM
quietcats
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Hi again Lynne

I've had to stop uploading on REM with Nic Harcourt now. My final figures were 5.76GB Uploaded and 2.81 downloaded with a ratio of 2.056 on this torrent so I'd be really grateful if you'd update my stats.
btw I LOVE your very friendly site - thanks for being here
Old 2006-01-14, 12:13 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

quietcats, I added your upload/download to your stats.

I'm glad you like the site and I agree, most people are very friendly here. But, you may want to stay out of the The Lounge.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble