The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-01-03, 01:12 PM
Yeah, that's a zebra donkey
110.97 GB/130.20 GB/1.17

DVD of unknown source

I have a question about a DVD that I want to torrent here (well, link to an external torrent), but there is a problem with the lineage. The torrent was posted at EZTree by the taper of the show, and he only provided the text file that I am copying below. I have emailed him to try to get more info, but he has not returned my messages. Let me know if there is anything I can do to share this great video.

-Phil

Here is the text file:

Alright music fans…Here is a treat.

Merlefest 2004 Midnight Jam, a glorious event that ran from midnight to 3am and included some of Bluegrass music , and well heck…any music’s most talented artists. What a treat!

After it was over, I noticed that although most everyone had left the auditorium, there was a wonderful sound coming from backstage. As I peered beyond the rocking chairs that decorated stage front, I saw a gathering of 30 + musicians, having a fun pickin’ and grinnin’ jam session.

I grabbed a video camera and jumped up on the stage to capture around 20 minutes of heartfelt fun and exciting bluegrass from some of the best pickers on the planet!

Among the artists were:

Chris Thile, Sara Watkins, and Sean Watkins of Nickel Creek, Mike Marshall, Darol Anger, John Paul Jones (YES! JOHN PAUL JONES OF LED ZEPPELIN ON MANDOLIN, a special guest), Gillian Welch, David Rawlings, The Kruger Brothers, Mark Schatz, Pete Wernick, Gabe Witcher, and a host of others.

I apologize for the bouncing and jouncing, but it was the best I could do as excited as I was ( You may hear the hoots and hollers ).

It is in DVD format, and should be able to be played with any DVD software or Quicktime, and can be burned to a DVD easily with CD Creator or Nero.

As with ALL sharingthegroove recordings, please DO NOT profit from this little tidbit. Enjoy, share with your friends, but DO NOT SELL THIS RECORDING.

Thank you to Merlefest, and all the wonderful artists that come together each spring in Wilkesboro, NC to make us all smile!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did seeing this impromptu backstage jam LIVE

Peace be with you…
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-01-03, 02:01 PM
The cock of the walk!!
198.74 GB/283.21 GB/1.43

Re: DVD of unknown source

The files aren't even set up correctly. It's called VIDEO_TS.

No need to crosslink the torrent file itself as I'm sure most are already members there. Just link to the posting.
Here:
Merlefest 2004 Midnight Jam[/url]

I think that's all that's needed.

Last edited by DDSTree; 2005-01-04 at 11:56 PM. Reason: link removed to torrent not approved at TTD
Old 2005-01-03, 03:28 PM
110.97 GB/130.20 GB/1.17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungywump
The files aren't even set up correctly. It's called VIDEO_TS.

No need to crosslink the torrent file itself as I'm sure most are already members there. Just link to the posting.
Here:
Merlefest 2004 Midnight Jam[/url]

I think that's all that's needed.
Yeah, I know that it is set up very badly. The guy that did it apparently didn't really care. I wasn't going to re-torrent, just link. But, I didn't even know if linking was appropriate on this board if the lineage was so lacking.

-Phil

Last edited by DDSTree; 2005-01-04 at 11:56 PM. Reason: unapproved torrent link removed
Old 2005-01-04, 11:58 PM
Dentist
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Thanks for reporting this.

Quote:
But, I didn't even know if linking was appropriate on this board if the lineage was so lacking.
Understatement of the year. No lineaage, no setlist or attempt at one (or just simply state X minute/second of footage), no format to the text file, no venue, no date, improper seeding format, no nothing really included in this.

This is an example of how NOT to torrent something. Torrents that do not adhere to TTD seeding policies should not be linked here.

Two posts were edited in this thread. While I understand putting in the link was for reference purposes, do not "Just link to the posting" if the torrent does meet standards here.

Thanks

Doc

Charlotte Laser Dentist . com | Tongue & Lip Tie issues
Old 2005-01-12, 01:46 AM
Darsven
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

O.K. I am the taper...I just ran across this thread searching for some Bluegrass.

This was my first experience torrenting any of my video. I put it up on eztree.org with only appreciative responses. It is an amazing clip, and those who have seen it are floored. I felt as if it must be shared and didn't think I was breaking any rules by doing so without including the "lineage".

I am not sure if I am reading this thread correctly, but it seems to be harsh criticism of me for sharing a special time with all those nutty people who didn't care what bitrate I recorded it at, or that I used a Sony Handycam, but just wanted a taste of this exquisite moment.

I did not share it on this site in contrast with the strict guidelines, and I will certainly not do so with any of my other video unless I can get the format just perfect. It may take a while. In the meantime, I have many hours of unique and unbelieveable footage that remain shrouded.
Old 2005-01-12, 01:47 AM
Darsven
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

And Irish...I don't know where you emailed me, I never got anything from you. I would have been happy to help.
Old 2005-01-12, 10:34 AM
110.97 GB/130.20 GB/1.17

Darsven,
I just sent you a PM. Hopefully you will make it back to this site and get it. Also, I used the email address through EZTree to try to contact you. Possibly it is outdated or something? Anyhow, hopefully you can get back to me.

-Phil
Old 2005-01-12, 10:47 AM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsven
I am not sure if I am reading this thread correctly, but it seems to be harsh criticism of me for sharing a special time with all those nutty people who didn't care what bitrate I recorded it at, or that I used a Sony Handycam, but just wanted a taste of this exquisite moment.
You're misinterpreting... we believe that putting in a little extra time for the sake of quality is the best way to share a special time. Please get to know us a little better before you leave!

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2005-01-12, 12:56 PM
Darsven
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Understood...If I don't have the time to come up with full lineage documentation/set-lists etc, I should not offer my video for download.

It just makes it tougher for a father of 3 to share the hours of sick video that I have just sitting in a box. It's hard enough to fnd the time to author the DVD

BTW...I still appreciate this site, well put together, with ex-mods from my favorite site, Sharing the Groove...I would just rather see an offer of assistance vs. being chastised for not revealing the name of my authoring software :wacko:

In the meantime...YOU GUYS ARE MISSING OUT!
Old 2005-12-12, 12:23 AM
electriceye
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Does somebody know where to download a current set of Nickel Creek? Can't believe how good they are!!
Old 2005-12-12, 09:45 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by electriceye
Does somebody know where to download a current set of Nickel Creek? Can't believe how good they are!!
Old 2005-12-12, 11:52 AM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

try using the search function here & at dime to see what you can turn up

this thread is very old & I haven't seen any nickel creek around recently.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble