The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-01-03, 09:15 PM
Jarhed
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

the tradders den

I dont understand maybe its because i have a bad computer but this site is so hard to deal with. Whenever i switch pages i logs me out and i have to log in again once i have found the torrent i want which brings me back to ground zero so to speak.Granted my uploading status is poor but this is due to the fact that i cant seem to stay online on this site, I have no probs at all on D.A.D. and i like the selection here and I am willing to seed and upload torrents. Any help would be awesome cause really i get very frustratrted when im directed here for a great show.

please email me with advice cause a reply here might be hard for me to find

[email protected]

Thanks very much in advance, and I am aware it might be something simple and stupid so please no name calling, i just want to enjoy some music
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-01-03, 10:11 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: the tradders den

Jarhed, make sure you login to www.thetradersden.org and not just thetradersden.org. The first should keep you logged in, the second will not.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-01-03, 10:37 PM
spiritinaphoto
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Lynne must be in a mischievous mood tonight.

As for the original post, might I suggest enabling cookies in your browser?
Old 2007-01-03, 10:52 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritinaphoto
Lynne must be in a mischievous mood tonight.

As for the original post, might I suggest enabling cookies in your browser?
Lynne is *tired* of site ,um, stuff, tonight. It could be cookies, however, if he tries to go to ttd.com/whatever instead of www.ttd.com/whatever he *will* see a difference (which is cookie related as you said).

Old 2007-01-03, 11:25 PM
spiritinaphoto
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Lynne is *tired* of site ,um, stuff, tonight. It could be cookies, however, if he tries to go to ttd.com/whatever instead of www.ttd.com/whatever he *will* see a difference (which is cookie related as you said).
Ah I see what you were trying to do with your initial post now. I thought you had deliberately made that typo on the URL as a subtle joke on the thread title.
Old 2007-01-03, 11:32 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritinaphoto
Ah I see what you were trying to do with your initial post now. I thought you had deliberately made that typo on the URL as a subtle joke on the thread title.
I try to not joke in Technobabble cuz it is usually not appreciated. (But some days I wish it was!)

Old 2007-01-04, 12:43 AM
spiritinaphoto
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
I try to not joke in Technobabble cuz it is usually not appreciated. (But some days I wish it was!)
Good--I was worried about you for a moment.
Old 2007-01-04, 09:41 PM
1.91 TB/7.16 TB/3.75

Quote:
however, if he tries to go to ttd.com/whatever instead of www.ttd.com/whatever he *will* see a difference (which is cookie related as you said).
Cool, I never knew that -- I noticed that sometimes my login info was retained and sometimes not.

Thank you, Lynne!!!!
Old 2007-01-04, 11:30 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhed
I dont understand maybe its because i have a bad computer but this site is so hard to deal with. Whenever i switch pages i logs me out and i have to log in again once i have found the torrent i want which brings me back to ground zero so to speak.Granted my uploading status is poor but this is due to the fact that i cant seem to stay online on this site, I have no probs at all on D.A.D. and i like the selection here and I am willing to seed and upload torrents. Any help would be awesome cause really i get very frustratrted when im directed here for a great show.
note that forum login / cookie issues have zero to do with you not uploading as much as you download. You do not have to be logged in to TTD to run the torrents to a 1:1 ratio.

notice how I didn't crack any jokes!
Old 2007-01-09, 10:47 PM
241.61 GB/353.36 GB/1.46

Quote:
Jarhed, make sure you login to www.thetradersden.org and not just thetradersden.org. The first should keep you logged in, the second will not.
After you login, put in 'Favorites'

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble