The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-03-26, 03:03 AM
760.91 GB/1.00 TB/1.34

Angry seeding / ratio problem

I've been seeding the Police Reunion torrent all weekend but TD site is not showing me as a seeder and my ratio hasn't improved Still upping at 45K/B, any ideas?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-03-26, 09:42 AM
dontneednorespect fromnobodyno
187.63 GB/599.61 GB/3.20

Re: seeding / ratio problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves154
I've been seeding the Police Reunion torrent all weekend but TD site is not showing me as a seeder and my ratio hasn't improved Still upping at 45K/B, any ideas?
I had the exact same problem on my most recent upload (see my Azureus screen grab and Lynne's response). It seems I somehow had enabled dht on my torrent. I'm not sure how it happened or what to do to fix it.

Lynne kindly offered that if I PMd her with the torrent stats that she'd manually correct my ratio. Likely she'd extend the same offer to you.

MrP
Old 2007-03-26, 10:15 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Yep, I will manually change people's stats if there are problems. I'm most interested in getting to the bottom of why this sometimes happens.

steves154, what bittorrent client are you using? And has this ever happened before (I see you have stats, so obviously it has worked before). Did you just changed clients or upgrade your client? Any chance you can see what is written next to the Tracker Status line for your client (like what is next to Tracker Stats in MisterPitiful's post - number 13 - he linked to)?

Old 2007-03-26, 03:47 PM
Blind Melon Follower
148.61 GB/138.79 GB/0.93

My Utorrent shows me seeding 10 gigs but it doesn't show up as that on the tracker :/
Fortunatly for you guys, I don't really mind seeding a little extra

I'm only posting because I'm curious as to why this happens? Mine is just showing up on the site wrong after updating the tracker. I guess a little bit just didn't show a bunch of times making my ratio 1.5 gig less ? Strange.

I just figured it was the tracker - Saw this thread and decided to just ask why?
Old 2007-03-28, 03:19 AM
760.91 GB/1.00 TB/1.34

I'm using Bit Torrent T-0.3.10, see attached screen shot for stats etc.

After I posted the first message I had to shut down my laptop and stop seeding. Today I logged on again and started seeding. A few minutes in and I show as a seeder but no upload ratio on the site although BT says doing just fine.

This has happened before but at the time I thought it must have been my imagination. Can't think of any obvious connection/reason.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg police.jpg
( 39.1 KB, 70 views)

Old 2007-03-28, 10:03 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

steves154, PM me and I can reset your passkey (or send me an IM message - U2Lynne). Then, re-download the torrent file from the thread and we can see if a new passkey will make you 'seen' by the tracker.

(I added 11 GB to your upload.)

Old 2007-03-28, 10:06 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheFuckUpDonny
My Utorrent shows me seeding 10 gigs but it doesn't show up as that on the tracker :/
Fortunatly for you guys, I don't really mind seeding a little extra

I'm only posting because I'm curious as to why this happens? Mine is just showing up on the site wrong after updating the tracker. I guess a little bit just didn't show a bunch of times making my ratio 1.5 gig less ? Strange.

I just figured it was the tracker - Saw this thread and decided to just ask why?
If you look at the Peers List, that only shows your upload/download stats for the amount of time listed in the Connection Time column. We restarted mysql yesterday morning, so that time will only show about a days worth of stats. But, if at anytime you stop your torrent and then start it again, the stats in the Peers List will only start from that particular start and will not include old stats.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble