The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2009-07-31, 11:05 AM
1.20 TB/391.85 GB/0.32

Unhappy Uploads

I am having real difficulty uploading downloads from my end. Seems the problem relates to torrents from the tradersden since uploads to demonoid do not seem to be affected. I am really confused because my share ratio is way down the 'toilet' because of this problem. I have uTorrent client (v. 1.8)upload/download is 422/296kbs. I have a dsl and provider is Verizon. Run Windows XP on P3 computer with 120GB HD and T1 external HD. I am downloading to the internal HD which has enough space (25%).

I have tweaked my uTorrent client many times to get a good upload speed but nothing is happening. I mean when a download is completed, it simply sits there seeding but no uploads. The tracker information indicates it is working.

What is baffling is I have no problems with downloads/uploads to demonoid. At this rate, I may have to stop downloads since my share ratio will drop to the minus if I cannot start giving back. Currently, I have six files seeding but not 1kbs of data uploaded.

Anyone with any idea on how to solve this problem. By the way, if I use Vuze, I get the same problem. I am not NAT firewalled.

HELP!!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-07-31, 06:16 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Uploads

Currently you are trying to seed 4 shows here. Three of those shows have 0 leechers, so you won't be able to seed them. The other one has 1 leecher and 7 seeders, so you aren't going to be able to seed back much there either. In order to get your ratio up, you need to actually seed to leechers. Seeding shows with no leechers will do no good at all to your ratio.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-07-31, 06:21 PM
61.85 GB/74.30 GB/1.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by esibo View Post
I am having real difficulty uploading downloads from my end. Seems the problem relates to torrents from the tradersden since uploads to demonoid do not seem to be affected. I am really confused because my share ratio is way down the 'toilet' because of this problem. I have uTorrent client (v. 1.8)upload/download is 422/296kbs. I have a dsl and provider is Verizon. Run Windows XP on P3 computer with 120GB HD and T1 external HD. I am downloading to the internal HD which has enough space (25%).

I have tweaked my uTorrent client many times to get a good upload speed but nothing is happening. I mean when a download is completed, it simply sits there seeding but no uploads. The tracker information indicates it is working.

What is baffling is I have no problems with downloads/uploads to demonoid. At this rate, I may have to stop downloads since my share ratio will drop to the minus if I cannot start giving back. Currently, I have six files seeding but not 1kbs of data uploaded.

Anyone with any idea on how to solve this problem. By the way, if I use Vuze, I get the same problem. I am not NAT firewalled.

HELP!!
Maybe, if you downloaded something more popular (even if you don't like it) and seed that....you might have a better chance. You cannot seed to leechers who are not there......although I believe our wonderful Lynne already pretty much said that.....

Old 2009-07-31, 06:48 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

^^^ this is a good method for fixing a ratio.

just contribute by helping a popular torrent go faster.. you can just delete the audio once you've seeded to 5:1 or something like that.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble