The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2012-09-11, 03:58 PM
1.87 TB/686.77 GB/0.36

SBE (dropout at end of every track)...how do i fix it?

I'm trying to upload torrents without having them dropout at the end of them. How can I fix that? Does Traders Little Helper have something that can prevent it? It's definitely frustrating when one track is segueing into the next one (which happens on all Grateful Dead torrents) when it drops out.

If anyone has the answer, I'm desperate to know how to fix it.

Thanks,
Dooly
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2012-09-11, 04:17 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Re: SBE (dropout at end of every track)...how do i fix it?

SBEs don't necessariliy cause the dropouts your are hearing - but when someone burns a bunch of SBE'd tracks to CD, the software sometimes "fills" that truncated frame with zeros.

There's an option to turn that off in most burning software.

If they're already screwed up like that, or if you have the 2 second gap problem (usually a result a past CD burning with had that option turned on), you'll have to edit the whole show back together (remove the gaps) as one WAV, then cut on sector boundaries into new tracks.

The links in my sig will get you all the editing software and fixing software (Trader's Little Helper) you need.

have fun
Old 2012-09-12, 12:50 AM
491.13 GB/783.96 GB/1.60

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
SBEs don't necessariliy cause the dropouts your are hearing - but when someone burns a bunch of SBE'd tracks to CD, the software sometimes "fills" that truncated frame with zeros.

There's an option to turn that off in most burning software.

If they're already screwed up like that, or if you have the 2 second gap problem (usually a result a past CD burning with had that option turned on), you'll have to edit the whole show back together (remove the gaps) as one WAV, then cut on sector boundaries into new tracks.

The links in my sig will get you all the editing software and fixing software (Trader's Little Helper) you need.

have fun

Old 2012-09-19, 02:28 PM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.80 TB/9.57

SBE's usually cause a click, not a dropout. Sounds like you do indeed have the 2 second gaps caused by poor burning procedure.
Old 2012-10-03, 10:52 AM
Hello.
58.94 GB/152.37 GB/2.59

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdooly View Post
I'm trying to upload torrents without having them dropout at the end of them. How can I fix that? Does Traders Little Helper have something that can prevent it? It's definitely frustrating when one track is segueing into the next one (which happens on all Grateful Dead torrents) when it drops out.

If anyone has the answer, I'm desperate to know how to fix it.

Thanks,
Dooly
It could also be your player. The CD player in the Ford Escape where I used to work dropped out for less than a second between tracks, even on silver CD's. It really messes up Dark Side of the Moon to have a half-second dropout between the tracks.

How long is the dropout? A two-second gap usually means the disc was burned track-at-once rather than disc-at-once. Most burning software now is so idiot-proof they don't call it that anymore, they just refer to it as "gaps." Turn that option off (or select "no gaps") next time you burn.
Old 2012-10-13, 05:30 AM
co9ol
303.62 GB/388.57 GB/1.28

This exact problem has happened to me before. All i did was check for SBE's in TLH then once it found them, I used TLH to fix them. Re-burned CD, and it worked perfectly.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble