The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-01-15, 01:45 PM
255.27 GB/268.46 GB/1.05

Creating Torrent

OK, I need help. I've figured out how to take silver CDs, convert to WAV files then convert to FLAC files. I have them placed in a folder on my desktop titled TTD. I have created a text file of show date, lineage, set list, etc. and placed it in the TTD file. I created the checksum file using Fastsum and placed it in the TTD folder. Then I dropped the entire TTD folder on the Drop Torrent shortcut on my desktop and it created the torrent file. I then tried to upload the torrent file to seed. It didn't work. What am I doing wrong? What is the best location (C: drive, Desktop) to save a torrent file that you plan to seed? Where/when do you save the tracker address or link for the torrent? Am I close or do I need to start from scratch? I have a few great boots I'd love to share but can't get over the hump. Anyone who can help this torrently challenged Irishman, it would be much appreciated.

Shady
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-01-15, 01:56 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Creating Torrent

I'm not familiar with Drop Torrent, but here is our FAQ for creating a torrent using Azureus or uTorrent: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...#faq_a_torrent You do need to be able to input the TTD announce url somewhere though or your torrent will not be a TTD torrent.

Also, it is really nice if when you extract the wav files using EAC (you did use that, right?), you copy/paste the log contents into a file and call it yourtorrentname.log . People like to keep the log files with their shows to verify that it was extracted correctly.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-01-15, 02:43 PM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.74 TB/9.49

Re: Creating Torrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post

Also, it is really nice if when you extract the wav files using EAC (you did use that, right?), you copy/paste the log contents into a file and call it yourtorrentname.log . People like to keep the log files with their shows to verify that it was extracted correctly.
True, but what % of people who actually do use EAC have their offsets correctly set, or use the proper secure mode? Using burst mode and no offset correction seems to be the norm.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble