The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-10-01, 09:06 AM
adutchie
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Trader's Little Helper

hello,this is first visit. I am wondering if anyone can help me get started. Donot have anything to offer. Was wondering if this was needed to belong.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-10-05, 02:31 AM
Robert Cook
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I use to TLH for just about everything, thank's it's great. Lately, when I extract Audio file details I've been getting the following error. Is this a bug or is there something I can do to prevent it?
Attached Images
File Type: png tlh.PNG
( 37.5 KB, 274 views)

Last edited by Robert Cook; 2006-10-05 at 02:38 AM.
Old 2006-10-05, 06:03 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Cook
I use to TLH for just about everything, thank's it's great. Lately, when I extract Audio file details I've been getting the following error. Is this a bug or is there something I can do to prevent it?
It's not a bug in Trader's Little Helper. It's a timing problem with RICHED20.dll, a library that comes with Windows OS. Sometimes the error occurs, sometimes not. Until now there's no fix/workaround known that I can use to re-code the output procedure of TLH.

Robert
Old 2006-10-11, 10:45 AM
built2shred
402.89 GB/436.64 GB/1.08

thank's...
Old 2006-10-11, 01:43 PM
Steve Stevens
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

DVD BURNING HELP

I THOUGHT THIS MIGHT HELP A NUMBER OF NEWBIE TRADERS SO HERE GOES;

ONCE I PULLED DOWN A DVD FROM THIS SITE USING "AZUREAS" (FREE PROGRAM LISTED IN THE FAQ'S UNDER FREEWARE), MY NERO WOULDN'T BURN ME A PLAYABLE DVD. WHY? BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE THE PLUG (WHICH YOU GOTTA PAY FOR) INSTALLED.

THE FIX:

I OPENED A FREE PROGRAM CALLED "DVD SHRINK" (YOU CAN GET IT BY DOING A GOOGLE SEARCH) AND ONCE IT OPENED, I DIRECTED IT TO THE FOLDER CONTAINING THE FRESHLY PULLED DOWN DVD FILES. NEXT THING YOU KNOW, IT RECOGNISED THE DVD CONTENTS IN MY FOLDER. I THEN SELECTED 'BACK-UP" AND IT DID JUST THAT!! (JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BLANK DVDR IN YOUR BURNER READY) ONCE IT WAS COMPLETED, THE DISK PLAYED BEAUTIFULLY WITH ALL CHAPTERS AND MENUE'S FUNCTIONAL.

I HOPE THIS MAKES YOUR EXPERIENCE EASIER. PLUS, USE "DVD SHRINK" TO CREATE THREADS AND SHARE!

HOPE THIS HELPS.

STEVE-O[/font]
Old 2006-10-28, 05:54 AM
Robert Cook
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Renaming temporary target files - error.

Hi, can you help me w/ this error?
Attached Images
File Type: png tlh.PNG
( 25.6 KB, 206 views)

Old 2006-10-28, 11:35 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Angry Re: Renaming temporary target files - error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Cook
Hi, can you help me w/ this error?
At the moment I can't help you, sorry. For sure encoding worked fine, just renaming failed (that are news, eh?). I briefly checked the source code of Trader's Little Helper, and the reason for this rename bug (?!) seems that directory and file names have common parts (in your case bd1988-06-18). But I'm not quite sure yet ... strange nobody has reported that before.

I hope I can fix that tomorrow. Unfortunately there is that girl friend of mine who'll get really upset when I use my computer on a weekend instead of spending the whole time with her (fortunately checking emails is "allowed") . So please be patient ... I'll keep you informed.

Robert
Old 2006-10-28, 02:47 PM
lsmf
11.44 GB/10.00 GB/0.87

Tried to create md5s for files in different subfolders. Searched in explorer for *.ogg. Dragged and dropped in "Create checksum file".
Got this error:
Old 2006-10-30, 10:26 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Icon4 Trader's Little Helper - Upgrade

Just upped v1.1.1 build 90 of Trader's Little Helper. Setup file is available as usual at:

http://thor.prohosting.com/roh0205/

No new features, just fixed a couple of bugs included the ones reported by range_hood and Robert Cook (see posts above this one). For details please have a look at the changelog that will be installed with the new release.

Robert
Old 2006-11-01, 08:29 AM
38.83 GB/169.68 GB/4.37

OK, this seems to be the "official" TLH thread, lol, so I'll ask here.

First off, GREAT program, many thanks, it's great to have an "all-in-one" program that handles practically everything.

Now, to the question. I posted a link (http://thor.prohosting.com/roh0205/) to a message board on Yahoo Groups (can give the board name if needed) as people there were asking about handling SHN files. So, someone posts back, and I quote:

Quote:
Thanks for this (another handy) tool Dweller........but, it contents a
not very harmfull "180 Solutions" Spyware!
180 solutions spyware? huh? I asked back very politely where he got his information.

Thanks for any input.

D_B
Old 2006-11-01, 03:50 PM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Wink Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweller_Benthos
... 180 solutions spyware? huh? ...
Old 2006-11-02, 07:57 AM
38.83 GB/169.68 GB/4.37

OK, I'll take that as a no, then? lol

D_B
Old 2006-11-02, 09:41 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Lightbulb Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweller_Benthos
OK, I'll take that as a no, then? lol

D_B
Jeeez ... what you get from the official download location was free of spyware, adware, or underware, when I upped it. If you d/l the installer from somewhere else, I can't tell you ...

On the other hand: If I would write a program with some ...ware, and my second name would be Dr. Evil, and you would ask me if the app comes any ...ware, what would you expect me to answer? Oh nooo, of course not? Or ah yeah, nothing to worry about, just don't care, it's because it's nominated for the Most-Evil-Software-Ever-Awards (categories "most unknown threat" and "most malicious ... ware")?

So, try it, no risk no fun ...

Robert
Old 2006-11-02, 01:03 PM
38.83 GB/169.68 GB/4.37

Hehe, my thoughts exactly, but I figured, what the hey? I'm sure the guy(gals?) who write all that crap (...ware) don't admit to it to anyone.

Still don't know what the person I got the message from is on about. His reply to my first question was hardly coherent.

Oh well, such is life on the internet.

Peace, and thanks again.

D_B
Old 2006-11-09, 10:27 AM
251.94 GB/586.56 GB/2.33

Hi roann,

First of all, thank you for working so hard on TLH... it really seems to have become the favorite choice of so many people, and it really is nice to have everything all wrapped up in one device.

That said, I have actually had quite a few problems using it. I don't know if they're my own errors or bugs or what, but I've never gotten the thing working just right. The two main things I've encountered:

***EVERY*** time I try to fix sbes I always get this error message:

Preview of changes:
-------------------
C:\WINDOWS\shntool.exe (2796): *** fork: can't reserve memory for stack 0x40000 - 0x240000, Win32 error 487
3 [main] shntool 2704 sync_with_child: child 2796(0x6C4) died before initialization with status code 0x1
2545 [main] shntool 2704 sync_with_child: *** child state waiting for longjmp
shntoold: fork: Resource temorarily unavailable
Error: error while forking child process, see above

***AND*** every time I try to verify ffps, I always get this error message on every track:

Line 001: file'gd86-12-31d1t01.flac'failed verification (checksum in metadata block does match, but md5 checksum does not match)

The other thing I've noticed is that when verifying md5s, especially on dvd-rs in my burner, it seems to take TLH much longer than mkwACT to get the job done.

So, if you could point me towards solutions for the errors I'm encountering and maybe a tweak or something to speed up the verification process, I'd be most appreciative, because I really would like to use TLH exclusively. As it is now, I tend to give it a try from time to time, but then end up falling back on mkwACT and FLAC frontend after a while.

Again, thanks for all the time and effort you're putting into this. You're really doing a great service for the trading community!

Joel

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Tags
tlh, traders little helper