The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-29, 05:27 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Re: people who sell shows....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post

You have no God-given rights at TTD, only Lynne-given rights. And those can run out...
Old 2008-07-29, 07:07 AM
roomful
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Actually, the First Ammendment has absolutely no bearing on what you can or can't do here, at all.

You have no God-given rights at TTD, only Lynne-given rights. And those can run out...
Yes it does. The rights might be a little more restrictive in certain forums, but without freedom of speech and freedom of expression, much of the content on this site (audio, video, posts) would disappear.

btw, what has Lynne taped, transferred or authored? Guess no one cares about her opinion either.
Old 2008-07-29, 07:10 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomful View Post
Quote:
Actually, the First Ammendment has absolutely no bearing on what you can or can't do here, at all.

Yes it does. The rights might be a little more restrictive in certain forums, but without freedom of speech and freedom of expression, much of the content on this site (audio, video, posts) would disappear.

btw, what has Lynne taped, transferred or authored? Guess no one cares about her opinion either.
you assume this site is hosted in the US... and Lynne can tape your mouth shut, if you need her tape something.
Old 2008-07-29, 07:13 AM
roomful
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner View Post
i don't know, why do you keep quoting and arguing against everyone who posts in this thread? i mean, i don't think the "do not sell" labels do much good either, but ya don't see me bringing it up yet again and making the same arguments over and over...let it go, its just some text on a show
fair point AAR.oner, but I was having a laugh about it, and posting on topic, and someone has to come in and start up the same old rank and status shit.
Old 2008-07-29, 07:19 AM
roomful
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
you assume this site is hosted in the US... and Lynne can tape your mouth shut, if you need her tape something.
The US is the only country with those freedoms?

I don't need her to tape anything, it was sarcasm. I don't buy into the whole taper superiority elitist thing.
Old 2008-07-29, 07:19 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

ok, so putting scrolling text across concert video is annoying, but we'll all just have to live with it and this site doesn't do anything about bad ratios and never will and everyone can have an opinion whether they tape shit or not.

that about cover it?
Old 2008-07-29, 07:20 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Quote:
Quote:
The US is the only country with those freedoms?
only country with anything regarding free speech called "The First Amendment", which is what you cited...

anyway, the site is hosted here...
Old 2008-07-29, 07:22 AM
infecting the crypts.
TTD VIP
TTD Staff
2.83 TB/13.20 TB/4.67

Quote:
Really?? We have "The Joshua Tree" instead of the the Bible? I could live with that!!

--

"never understood the snobbishness over a microphone. I mean fuck, I killed 3 moose, 2 caribou and a bear by age 16, but I sure as hell don't go bragging about the gun used (.308). the point is to knock down the animal, not what you knock it down with.

dumbass."

(Ballsdeep, 2015-02-16)

--

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...faq_audioguide

Old 2008-07-29, 07:23 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by uninvited94 View Post
Quote:
Really?? We have "The Joshua Tree" instead of the the Bible? I could live with that!!
No, we have The FAQ. It's linked on every page... it's power is maximum, like Brody.
Old 2008-07-29, 07:27 AM
roomful
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
ok, so putting scrolling text across concert video is annoying, but we'll all just have to live with it and this site doesn't do anything about bad ratios and never will and everyone can have an opinion whether they tape shit or not.

that about cover it?
a discussion where everyone's opinion is equally valid and is conducted with mutual respect? Are you sure you're talking about this here site, TTD?
Old 2008-07-29, 07:30 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Quote:
Quote:

that about cover it?
a discussion where everyone's opinion is equally valid and is conducted with mutual respect? Are you sure you're talking about this here site, TTD?
see? again you take meaning that isn't there. You made that up. Your opinion is guaranteed to not be equally valid to everyone here, nor is it likely to be treated with any respect. But you can post them.

I'm tired of your alias. Why not just post with your regular account?
Old 2008-07-29, 07:35 AM
infecting the crypts.
TTD VIP
TTD Staff
2.83 TB/13.20 TB/4.67

Quote:
Ever had a discussion with a Dime-mod, especially one Dime-mod??

--

"never understood the snobbishness over a microphone. I mean fuck, I killed 3 moose, 2 caribou and a bear by age 16, but I sure as hell don't go bragging about the gun used (.308). the point is to knock down the animal, not what you knock it down with.

dumbass."

(Ballsdeep, 2015-02-16)

--

Old 2008-07-29, 07:46 AM
roomful
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
see? again you take meaning that isn't there. You made that up. Your opinion is guaranteed to not be equally valid to everyone here, nor is it likely to be treated with any respect. But you can post them.

I'm tired of your alias. Why not just post with your regular account?
I didn't say that everyone will agree with each other's opinion, just that that everyone has a right to make it. How can someone's opinion be invalid (unless you attack the source)? It's their opinion. There is no right or wrong. You're entitled to your own opinion, but you aren't entitled to your own facts. Some things aren't a matter of opinion. And I would expect that people should treat one another with some respect outside of the lounge, which is mostly unmoderated.
Old 2008-07-29, 07:54 AM
roomful
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
nope
Old 2008-07-29, 08:01 AM
infecting the crypts.
TTD VIP
TTD Staff
2.83 TB/13.20 TB/4.67

Quote:
Quote:
nope
Not that laid-back as on here.

--

dumbass."

(Ballsdeep, 2015-02-16)

--

Closed Thread

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble