The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-09-04, 02:32 PM
299.62 GB/447.28 GB/1.49

Please help!..no sound....ahhhhh!

I recently started downloading DVD files, and when I burn them onto disk, the visuals are there, but no sound! I have Nero 7, and even when I play the concerts on "Nero Playback", there still is no sound, I contacted Nero, and they suggested purchasing their "DVD-VIDEO MULTICHANNEL PLUG-IN", which I did...but it still does not have audio. I have a feeling that maybe the file has to be decoded prior to sending it to Nero, but since I am absolutely clueless about this matter, I do not know what to do next. Is there a specific decoder that I need to download? Any help would be greatly appreciated...thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-09-04, 02:39 PM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Re: Please help!..no sound....ahhhhh!

When you burn in Nero, are you dragging all the files to the VIDEO_TS directory and then burning?
Old 2008-09-04, 02:51 PM
299.62 GB/447.28 GB/1.49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
When you burn in Nero, are you dragging all the files to the VIDEO_TS directory and then burning?
No...I just go into Nero, then hit the "add" botton, and get it off my hardrive...why? Could that be the problem? The concert will actually play, even on Nero...but still no sound! Btw...thanks for your speedy response.
Old 2008-09-04, 03:02 PM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

I haven't run into your problem before, but I was just starting with the basics. There aren't separate files with audio in them, so I'm not sure what you could be doing to cause this problem.
Old 2008-09-04, 03:04 PM
299.62 GB/447.28 GB/1.49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I haven't run into your problem before, but I was just starting with the basics. There aren't separate files with audio in them, so I'm not sure what you could be doing to cause this problem.
Well thanks anyways...I wonder if I need to decode the files first...
Old 2008-09-04, 03:21 PM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

Try downloading VLC media player. It's free. When you are done drag the VIDEO_TS folder on top of the icon on your desktop and it should play. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Let us know if you have sound with that.

I assume you get sounds from windows normally. Like when you boot up your machine and turn it off. you should hear the microsoft sound. or the bonk when you do something wrong.

Do you have a sound card? or is it on board audio. Do you have external speakers or are you trying to use the case speaker.

Vista or XP?
Old 2008-09-04, 03:27 PM
299.62 GB/447.28 GB/1.49

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltman View Post
Try downloading VLC media player. It's free. When you are done drag the VIDEO_TS folder on top of the icon on your desktop and it should play. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

I assume you get sounds from windows normally. Like when you boot up your machine and turn it off. you should hear the microsoft sound. or the bonk when you do something wrong.

Do you have a sound card? or is it on board audio. Do you have external speakers or are you trying to use the case speaker.
Hmm..never heard of VLC...is it a decoder, and what is different about it as opposed to Nero? I will try it when I get home. I have external speakers, and the sound works fine for everything else...I just have problems when doenloading video torrents...very strange. Thanks for the help.
Old 2008-09-04, 03:34 PM
299.62 GB/447.28 GB/1.49

Quote:

Vista or XP?
...oh...I have XP
Old 2008-09-04, 03:36 PM
299.62 GB/447.28 GB/1.49

Quote:

Vista or XP?
Can I also burn onto disk with this software?
Old 2008-09-04, 03:36 PM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cyrus View Post
Hmm..never heard of VLC...is it a decoder, and what is different about it as opposed to Nero? I will try it when I get home. I have external speakers, and the sound works fine for everything else...I just have problems when doenloading video torrents...very strange. Thanks for the help.
VLC is a media player, like Windows Media Player. But it handles codecs differently, I'm not sure the technical details but doing this will determine if there is something wrong with your download files or your computer.
Old 2008-09-04, 03:39 PM
299.62 GB/447.28 GB/1.49

Well I thank you both very much!...I will give it a go.
Old 2008-09-04, 03:40 PM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

VLC is a media player. like Nero's Playback. You can't burn with VLC to my knowledge. I just wanted to test and see if it was some kind of Nero setting or another problem.

Windows media player can't play DVDs because it doens't have the mpeg2 codec (ability to decompress the DVD files.) You can get plugins for it but out of the box it won't play DVDs.
Old 2008-09-04, 03:41 PM
Lockout here
561.93 GB/871.08 GB/1.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cyrus View Post
I wonder if I need to decode the files first...
Noooo! You were ripped off by Nero by additional purchase. You can play DVDs with freeware Media Player Classic

Don't use NeroVision or Recode (or whatever it's called) but Nero Burning ROM. Drag all the files from the VIDEO_TS folder into compilation window as shown in the attached screenshot.

We also recommend to burn DVDs with freeware Imgburn
Attached Images
File Type: png nero.png
( 22.0 KB, 57 views)

Old 2008-09-04, 04:33 PM
299.62 GB/447.28 GB/1.49

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel View Post
Noooo! You were ripped off by Nero by additional purchase. You can play DVDs with freeware Media Player Classic

Don't use NeroVision or Recode (or whatever it's called) but Nero Burning ROM. Drag all the files from the VIDEO_TS folder into compilation window as shown in the attached screenshot.

We also recommend to burn DVDs with freeware Imgburn
Wow...thanks for the tutoral! Now why on earth would I use Imburn and not Nero???? Is there any advantage? I thought Nero was suposed to be the best.
Old 2008-09-04, 04:34 PM
93.01 GB/90.94 GB/0.98

http://neroplugins.afterdawn.com/

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble