The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

View Poll Results: Should there be Exceptions to Seeding Guidelines?
Nope, They are perfect 20 55.56%
Yes, I think they are a little too tight. 14 38.89%
No Opinion 2 5.56%
Only people banned from edj, (past or preset) have any bizz on this site period. 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2005-01-06, 10:12 PM
All Wrongs Reversed
4.90 GB/1.34 GB/0.27

Re: Too Tight, Too Loose, Just right?

actually yes, i did.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-01-06, 10:16 PM
41.09 GB/29.31 GB/0.71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
Everyone let us know what you think about this, our #1 objective is to keep all seeds on TTD as high-quality as possible.
A proper discussion of this is more suited to the Site Suggestions section than here.
Old 2005-01-06, 10:25 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Actually TV, the rule is no CDR, not no CDR(x) (unknown generation CDR, but it has the (x) there to indicate it is unknown). We want you to specify that it is an unknown generation CDR. And, we are pretty lose on the CDR(x) for older shows since we realize that you just don't know the generation of these CDRs and it is very unlikely that anyone can chase down a CDR(M) or CDR (1). I posted a Notice about this in Technobabble just the other day. We are going to be a lot less tolerant if someone tries to post a CDR(x) of a show from just last year (or, really, the last several years since people have been doing lossless and keeping track of this sort of thing).

Anyway, I just got off track. Charlie, this is a fine post and I am interested to hear what people think. I just had someone get very upset with me today about his XM radio sourced show being pulled yesterday. I was torn over that since I know the guy and know he is a serious trader.

So, speak up.

(And, I'm going to do a redirect of this thread to Site Suggestions - hmmm, someone made the suggestion as I was writing this post.)

Old 2005-01-06, 10:25 PM
152.86 GB/96.97 GB/0.63

If it sounds good to me, good enough. If I see a copy of a show that I already have circulating with better/clearer/more exact lineage, then I dump the old one from the archive and replace it. But I agree that rules are rules and I respect that.
Old 2005-01-06, 10:27 PM
Giver of Zero Fucks
76.15 GB/132.64 GB/1.74

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Actually TV, the rule is no CDR, not no CDR(x) (unknown generation CDR, but it has the (x) there to indicate it is unknown). We want you to specify that it is an unknown generation CDR. And, we are pretty lose on the CDR(x) for older shows since we realize that you just don't know the generation of these CDRs and it is very unlikely that anyone can chase down a CDR(M) or CDR (1). I posted a Notice about this in Technobabble just the other day. We are going to be a lot less tolerant if someone tries to post a CDR(x) of a show from just last year (or, really, the last several years since people have been doing lossless and keeping track of this sort of thing).

Anyway, I just got off track. Charlie, this is a fine post and I am interested to hear what people think. I just had someone get very upset with me today about his XM radio sourced show being pulled yesterday. I was torn over that since I know the guy and know he is a serious trader.

So, speak up.

(And, I'm going to do a redirect of this thread to Site Suggestions)
Isn't XM a paid service and copyrighted material?
Old 2005-01-06, 10:41 PM
8.76 GB/15.12 GB/1.73

Quote:
good to know
Old 2005-01-06, 11:14 PM
11.76 GB/25.98 GB/2.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wicker Man
Yep and it's also basically a 192kb straming MP3. I'm sure it's not actually mp3 and it some kind of codec that they own, but that's basically what you can compare it to.
Old 2005-01-06, 11:15 PM
13.61 GB/38.48 GB/2.83

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wicker Man
It is a pay service, but this would be the same thing as recording something off of the radio or tv and then sharing it here.
We have FM sourced stuff which is obviously copyrighted, and then there are proshot DVDs shared here that were captured off TV which are also copyrighted.
So essentially it really doesn't matter that it's a pay service.
Tim
who has two XM accounts and will be getting a Sirius account by the end of January....

Don't just start encoding all your old VHS to DVD, check to see if there is a better source out there.
Old 2005-01-06, 11:28 PM
11.76 GB/25.98 GB/2.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSHNN
It is a pay service, but this would be the same thing as recording something off of the radio or tv and then sharing it here.
We have FM sourced stuff which is obviously copyrighted, and then there are proshot DVDs shared here that were captured off TV which are also copyrighted.
So essentially it really doesn't matter that it's a pay service.
Tim
who has two XM accounts and will be getting a Sirius account by the end of January....

The user of FM has no contract with the radio station. When you subscribe to XM you sign a contract that forbids you from sharing stuff. So it is in no way anything like FM.

Quote:
c) Use Limitations.

You may not reproduce, rebroadcast, or otherwise transmit the programming, create unauthorized recordings of the programming, charge admission specifically for the purpose of listening to the programming, or distribute play lists of the Online Service. Notwithstanding the provisions of Section 7, we or any of our programming partners may prosecute violations of the foregoing against you and other responsible parties in any court of competent jurisdiction, under the rules and regulations of the FCC, and other applicable laws. Subscription to the Online Service does not grant you the right to use any of XM's or our partners' trademarks. You also may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules, limitations, or security measures embedded into the Online Service. Only one concurrent login is permitted at any one time. You may login to the Online Service from any compatible web device, but not from more than one Web Device (as defined below) at any one time. XM will hold you fully liable for all claims and losses resulting from your use or misuse of the Online Service.
Your not even allowed to give out a play list.
Old 2005-01-07, 12:20 AM
DeepElem
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:

So, speak up.

(And, I'm going to do a redirect of this thread to Site Suggestions - hmmm, someone made the suggestion as I was writing this post.)

Well, when I posted that show, I thought it would me moved to Pulled Bit Torrents, but a Mod pm'd me, and said :"Charlie, if you can't play by the rules, then please don't post a show stating such. It serves no purpose here.

Your show was moved to purgatory by one of the other mods"
I'm not going to post his name, because, I honestly was not trying to break the rules, get any favorite treatment, or cause trouble.
I was simply, trying to maybe let someone, that does not visit ezt too often, the chance to know it was there, Jack would be one example, because the last I heard,, he had not gotten a memership at ezt. In fact I was going to ask Jack, if he wanted it, I'd mail it, and Jack that offer still stands.
But with the message I got from this mod, oh, WWJD?,
I for sure wont be posting shows here anymore, I will visit cause I do have a few friends here.
But, I'm sorry, I will not lie, I could of made the lineage of source, where it met the site guidelines, but I will not do that, no matter what the site.
Some ppl do care more about the music then lineage, me for one.
If it sounds good, a quality show, etc, I could give a red rats ass if it was beamed from fucking mars, I want it, cause the music is what it's about to me.
Sorry I broke the rule. Lynne, beat me,whip me, make me write bad checks.
I did in fact send a pm to the mod's as I said I would that they might want to move it to Pulled Forum, but purgatory, that makes no sense to me, the pulled forum states:
Pulled Audio Bit Torrents
Torrents that were Removed from the TTD tracker and why.
I thought that was what it was for.
No hard feelings, I was trying to get a feel, to see if there was any leadway, based on common sense, I guess I got my answer.

WWJD?
Old 2005-01-07, 01:28 AM
indica
381.78 GB/695.03 GB/1.82

I thought this was about pussy..
Old 2005-01-07, 01:54 AM
27.13 GB/217.10 GB/8.00

So this whole thread was just started because of a beef between two people? BOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Handy
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
Old 2005-01-07, 03:21 AM
250.15 GB/491.13 GB/1.96

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepElem
Well, when I posted that show, I thought it would me moved to Pulled Bit Torrents, but a Mod pm'd me, and said :"Charlie, if you can't play by the rules, then please don't post a show stating such. It serves no purpose here.

Your show was moved to purgatory by one of the other mods"
I'm not going to post his name, because, I honestly was not trying to break the rules, get any favorite treatment, or cause trouble.
I was simply, trying to maybe let someone, that does not visit ezt too often, the chance to know it was there, Jack would be one example, because the last I heard,, he had not gotten a memership at ezt. In fact I was going to ask Jack, if he wanted it, I'd mail it, and Jack that offer still stands.
But with the message I got from this mod, oh, WWJD?,
I for sure wont be posting shows here anymore, I will visit cause I do have a few friends here.
But, I'm sorry, I will not lie, I could of made the lineage of source, where it met the site guidelines, but I will not do that, no matter what the site.
Some ppl do care more about the music then lineage, me for one.
If it sounds good, a quality show, etc, I could give a red rats ass if it was beamed from fucking mars, I want it, cause the music is what it's about to me.
Sorry I broke the rule. Lynne, beat me,whip me, make me write bad checks.
I did in fact send a pm to the mod's as I said I would that they might want to move it to Pulled Forum, but purgatory, that makes no sense to me, the pulled forum states:
Pulled Audio Bit Torrents
Torrents that were Removed from the TTD tracker and why.
I thought that was what it was for.
No hard feelings, I was trying to get a feel, to see if there was any leadway, based on common sense, I guess I got my answer.

WWJD?
So far 44.44% of the users are on your side, Charlie.
Old 2005-01-07, 03:44 AM
DeepElem
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spelunker
It's still there, Charlie.
You Sure?

I want to tell the truth, part 2

I know for a fact it was taken down twice, I saw it was gone, and asked someother jerk like me, to see if it was just me, and it was gone the 2nd time.

I don't mind posting it here, if ppl want to see, if part 2 is down.
I had to sart a part 2, cause green made some lame ass post, then closed the thread
it was only way I could reply.
I carried over his last post.
I really got this gut feeling, that the reason he keeps pulling in it, is , guessing now:
I stated in that post, that he had offered to split all site donations equal, between green,rick, and me. I told him no, all donations should only go to support the site, not in anyones pocket.
Old 2005-01-07, 04:02 AM
New Homebrew
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Are you wasted, bro?

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions