The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-08-24, 11:13 PM
stupid monkey
693.59 GB/1.07 TB/1.58

now i am not firewalled but nothing is getting uploaded...

the firewall is now gone..have a full seed but not uploading at all......i am at a lost...
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-08-24, 11:23 PM
stupid monkey
693.59 GB/1.07 TB/1.58

Re: now i am not firewalled but nothing is getting uploaded...

also will not let me download....
Old 2007-08-24, 11:49 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I see you trying to upload to a show, but not trying to download. The show you are trying to upload to, you have only been connected to for a bit over 10 minutes and it shows that you have uploaded. Did you get disconnected or something?

Old 2007-08-25, 12:00 AM
stupid monkey
693.59 GB/1.07 TB/1.58

i was firewalled for most of the upload...when i got to about 94% down my upload speed dropped to around 2-5 kb/s....now i cannot get anything to upload...it now shows i am not firewalled but still cannot upload....i tried another torrent and it worked fine to upload and download on that torrent...but why can't i finish up my upload and complete the show to everyone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
I see you trying to upload to a show, but not trying to download. The show you are trying to upload to, you have only been connected to for a bit over 10 minutes and it shows that you have uploaded. Did you get disconnected or something?
Old 2007-08-25, 03:13 AM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

You are using the Mainline client bigwu. It is very unreliable. Dime has banned certain versions (including yours):

Attention users of client Mainline (BitTorrent) v4.22 and above:

Mainline (BitTorrent) v4.22 and above is anything else but a reliable BitTorrent client. It doesn't adhere to Bram Cohen's own protocol specs of v1.0 anymore, so we had to ban it from our trackers today (April 26, 2007). Sorry for that. See our FAQ for recommended clients.

Try switching to bittornado 3.18 or Azureus (enable encryption), they are much better clients.

Forgive me if you have read it, Lynne, but what is your opinion about my last post here: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=43773
Old 2007-08-25, 09:39 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hey Jeff, I just looked and I see you seeding the show we were PMing about last night. Your speed looks good and you still aren't firewalled. Good job getting it going again!

Old 2007-08-26, 08:54 AM
stupid monkey
693.59 GB/1.07 TB/1.58

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Hey Jeff, I just looked and I see you seeding the show we were PMing about last night. Your speed looks good and you still aren't firewalled. Good job getting it going again!
always a thank you for your help...i might have to switch and try anothere bittorrent...it seems to be working now but it takes about 4 hours for me to connect & upload...but the firewall issue seems to be gone!
thanks again...
Old 2007-08-26, 10:13 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwurock
always a thank you for your help...i might have to switch and try anothere bittorrent...it seems to be working now but it takes about 4 hours for me to connect & upload...but the firewall issue seems to be gone!
thanks again...
Yeah, I noticed the slow start on your video yesterday. I was watching it and it was barely moving and then suddenly your speed jumped up.

Did I ask if you have a wireless router? Something just seems strange here.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble