The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-08-21, 11:42 PM
rocktard
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Icon4 Question on a source / is this allowed on the tracker?

I went to read the upload rules, and it brought me here. Anyways, I did a trade with a guy I know for a bunch of LZ stuff; mostly live shows. One of the CDs he gave me is entitled Led Zeppelin III Studio Sessions. No info about this.

There are five tracks.

Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp (24:47)
That's The Way (5:35)
That's Alright Mama (Elvis Presley Cover) (Sounds like an outtake of Hats off) (7:06)
Since I've Been Loving You (7:30)
No Quarter (26:02)

There are multiple start/stops on No Quarter and Stomp. However, these sound exactly like a studio album does. The sound quality is superb. No Quarter is all instrumental minus the last take has Robert on it, and it sounds a bit different.

I wanted to share it, but, I can't confirm the lineage. I will be checking it tomorrow through spectral analysis for lossy; but if it's good, is it allowed on the tracker?

Last edited by rocktard; 2006-08-21 at 11:50 PM.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-08-22, 10:25 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Question on a source / is this allowed on the tracker?

Your lineage would probably look something like: studio > ?? > CDR(x) > EAC > flac (assuming you got the show as a CDR. Also, don't forget to use EAC in Secure mode when extracting the files and try to save the log since people like to keep those). Posting in the lossy or lossless forum is a good idea. You can then link to the thread in your upload page to show that you had people take a look. Also, Five very often checks that forum and he knows a lot about LZ stuff so he may have more information for you about this particular 'show'.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-08-22, 04:28 PM
Utterly Bastard Groovy
75.55 GB/92.04 GB/1.22

This sounds as something that is part of the outtakes that are doing the rounds (antabarata boxset) - it think it is fine. It is currently in the vine section - check here: http://www.bootledz.com/studiovaults.htm
Old 2006-08-22, 05:27 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

it is most probably compiled from some bootlegs or perhaps one that I haven't heard of (because of the track order).

there is some slim chance it is not from bootleg and could represent an upgrade to what's out there... if you want, seed it up with lineage as Lynne suggested.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble