The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-04-07, 07:33 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Report all ratio issues here

The thing is, you are an AOL user. You get a new IP everytime you log on. There are several other users on this site who use AOL and have ended up with the same IP that you have (there have been eight other users with your current IP). So, if you don't logon to the site right before or after you start your torrent, the tracker will credit your stats to one of the other users who have had your IP (or to noone if noone at this site has ever had your IP). I hope that makes more sense.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-04-07, 09:36 PM
213.96 GB/284.76 GB/1.33

It does make sense. That's what I'll do & see
if it helps!
Thanks again!
Old 2006-04-07, 10:38 PM
213.96 GB/284.76 GB/1.33

Thanks again U2Lynne!
what I am doing now is to work on TD
through explorer rather than AOL.
Worked right away!
Cheers!
Old 2006-04-07, 10:46 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Glad it helped!

Old 2006-04-21, 05:44 PM
63.50 GB/28.62 GB/0.45

Not that I think this really matters but i just left my machine running on a torrent for over 40 hours and when I logged off and checked back in I was given no credit at all for what I uploaded (more than 1.7 gigs) but it had no problem showing what I took(502mb)--suggestions clues explanation all would be nice. Thanks
Old 2006-04-21, 06:59 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Well, since you aren't uploading on it anylonger, I can't really look and see why it didn't credit you. Did you show up in the Peers List as a name or an IP number? What bt client were you using?

Old 2006-04-21, 07:42 PM
63.50 GB/28.62 GB/0.45

I checked when it 1st started to d-load and I was there; I think my bt client is just the old mainline.
Old 2006-04-26, 09:03 AM
omnipotent+nervous ticks
284.27 GB/444.07 GB/1.56

Hi, are you able to check when my ratio was last updated? I've downloaded the 25 GB Phish DVD, and am now uploading with all my heart to try and get even. (In addition to the Phil & Friends 2000-10-09 DVD)

However, unless my memory fails me (which might actually be the case), my ratio hasn't updated in a couple of days.

Yes, I have stopped and restarted etc. as per the first post. I did that today, 10 minutes ago. Maybe I have to wait longer for the tracker to catch up? My ratio was 0.58 before I did this, and it's still the same, after I stopped/restarted the torrent & client, and reloaded TTD.

I'm using uTorrent 1.5 build 437 on WinXP right now. I used Azureus before, because UPnP wouldn't work in uTorrent, but now I've opened ports for real, so I've switched to uTorrent. I downloaded about half the torrent with Az and the rest with uTorrent. Could that be the problem? I guess not, the downloaded amount seems to be correct.

I'd appreciate it if you can see if my observations are correct, and correct the ratio if my "claim" seems to be correct. I can provide you a screenshot of uTorrent if you want.

uTorrent reports:
phil & friends - uploaded 3.01 GB
phish - uploaded 7.91 gb, downloaded 13.5 gb

[typo edited]
Old 2006-04-26, 09:31 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hi darkstarjunkie, the tracker doesn't give a timestamp in your profile as far as when it last updated. The best thing you can do is to make sure either right before or right after you start your torrent, you logon to this site from the same computer. That way, the tracker knows who you are and what your IP is so when your torrent updates with it, it can credit you. Also, to verify that the tracker knows who you are, you can look at your profile under "Currently active torrents" and see that the torrent you are on is listed in that list. I credited you will 11 GB up and 13.5 GB down.

Old 2006-04-29, 11:59 PM
treehoppin
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

My ratios do not seem to change at all even after I have downloaded torrents. Also when I look at the peer list for a particular torrent I am currently downloading it just lists my ip, and does not attach my name to it.

Any Sugestions?
Old 2006-04-30, 10:11 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You need to logon to the site from the same computer you are torrenting from. That way the site can tie your IP to your username.

Old 2006-04-30, 01:53 PM
treehoppin
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I do. Currently I only have my laptop, so that is all I use. I am always logged in prior to connecting with azureus, any suggestions?
Old 2006-04-30, 02:31 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Do you have an IP listed under Options > Connections > Advanced Network Settings > Bind to Local IP address?

Old 2006-04-30, 04:33 PM
treehoppin
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

not sure where your asking me to look

when you say option do you mean Internet options in the Tools Tab in Internet Explorer, or do you mean go in through the Network connections in the control panel and enter my LAN settings
?
Old 2006-04-30, 05:59 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehoppin
not sure where your asking me to look

when you say option do you mean Internet options in the Tools Tab in Internet Explorer, or do you mean go in through the Network connections in the control panel and enter my LAN settings
?
The options in Azureus.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble