The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2005-09-25, 12:23 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Thumbs up Remove The Lounge from "Find New Posts" function?

SSIA

Could you guys remove the Lounge from the new posts function? It's a completely useless place now, with a bunch of hopelessly polarized posters just dwelling there waiting to attack each other or anyone else.

It'd be great to be able to come here and check for new torrents or piano bar discussion without all the utter bullshit from the lounge showing up in the search.
Old 2005-09-25, 01:16 PM
250.15 GB/491.13 GB/1.96

Re: Remove The Lounge from "Find New Posts" function?

That's a good idea. Lets remove it for others because you can't stop clicking on it.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-09-25, 01:53 PM
dare to discover
63.44 GB/133.91 GB/2.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg
SSIA

Could you guys remove the Lounge from the new posts function? It's a completely useless place now, with a bunch of hopelessly polarized posters just dwelling there waiting to attack each other or anyone else.

It'd be great to be able to come here and check for new torrents or piano bar discussion without all the utter bullshit from the lounge showing up in the search.
You mean like this stalker and his unprovoked utter bullshit?

Quote:
Actually, we think you're an ass, too! But yeah, solomonster more so..
Quote:
Nina, you double left handed parrot..
Quote:
...I think the real story here is that Nina really needs to get laid. Can anyone help her with that?
Quote:
Nina, I have come to the conclusion that you'd have two left hands, if you could.
Quote:
i pissed off feralicious.. i almost feel bad... maybe in the morning...

Old 2005-09-25, 09:05 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

so, yeah, stuff like this...

nevermind... man, this place is become poisoned
Old 2005-09-25, 09:09 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I've been testing it today and I'm about to put it in.

The Lounge....

Old 2005-09-25, 09:52 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

thank you. it works great!

Last edited by paddington; 2005-09-25 at 10:00 PM.
Old 2005-09-25, 10:14 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Lynne, maybe the Lounge isn't really the problem, but instead is actually some of the regular shit-stirrers like jameskg who doesn't always get his way.

Check this thread from another site where James is a moderator (well, it says moderator under his name):

http://www.royal-orleans.com/phpBB/v...9643df5efb1973

Here's one of his quotes from that thread:
They need a member filter:

For any member, IF "ratio" < 0.10 and ("unixdatecurrent"-"unixdatejoined")>30 AND "postcount">200 THEN BAN
(end quote)

Well, according to him, I should be gone, no matter that I've sent out over a dozen shows to be seeded here at TTD.

Yet he's much of the very problem that he complains about.

Lynne, maybe I don't understand the all rules here if you have already acted on his suggestions.

Or maybe all the moderators here at TTD need to make the rules uniform and apply them equally to your friends as well as the folks that your "regulars" don't like.

In the interim, I have a 13 disc set going out to jcrab66 to be seeded.

Does that count for anything?
Old 2005-09-25, 10:25 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

freezer, I didn't realize you and I had a problem. I assure you I'll not have anything to do with the lounge anymore.. there's no one left there that made it fun just a few months ago. Most of the stuff nina has quoted above (out of context) was posted in jest, sort of a gentle ribbing... she didn't get it... I thought she would. Whatever.

I don't think your post has anything to do with the solution to this request. You can choose between the old search and the new one now, and I think it makes the site better without taking anything away.
Old 2005-09-25, 10:28 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hey freezer. actually, I'm wanting to make it so people can choose which forums don't show up in New Posts. I have to take it one step at a time on the real site though. James is not the first to suggest being able to only seach certain forums. I thought I would try it with that forum first and try it with Options when I next have time. For testing though, that seems to be the forums to try it out on.

As for that conditional, I think we would just eliminate the post whores with that suggested one. Most people who download on this site don't post.

And, I'm trying to understand why you don't want people to not see The Lounge. You imply that I don't want people to see it. The New Posts doesn't elimiate The Lounge. I just give two options now - All or All without The Lounge. Like I said above, I want to make the 'without' part a User Option. I just need to play with it a bit.

Old 2005-09-25, 10:45 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

sheesh

let's put our heads together and bring back the good times, okay?

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2005-09-25, 11:33 PM
We all walk the Long Road....
75.63 GB/483.42 GB/6.39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
sheesh

Old 2005-09-25, 11:38 PM
dare to discover
63.44 GB/133.91 GB/2.11

Quote:
freezer, I didn't realize you and I had a problem. I assure you I'll not have anything to do with the lounge anymore.. there's no one left there that made it fun just a few months ago. Most of the stuff nina has quoted above (out of context) was posted in jest, sort of a gentle ribbing... she didn't get it... I thought she would. Whatever.
Ah james, always backtracking. You and I, and others, all know your posts were not "gentle ribbing". I left out the one where you called me numbnuts. I'm still clueless as to why you singled me out from all the others who were posting the same opinions as mine, but if you're going to post at least stand by what you say.

I can't believe you are actually a mod somewhere. Now that's funny.

Old 2005-09-26, 12:12 AM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
sheesh

I agree with you, five.

Yet, the two previous and very defensive posts (to yours) seem to be attributing suggestions that I didn't intend. In the future, I'll be much clearer in my wording when offering suggestions.

James, I never said we had a problem between us, but if you'd like to get into a war of words, I'm your huckleberry.

I suggest that you and I take it private, and that way, the moderators can only comment on what is public, like Nina tried to point out when she quoted your public posts.

And was ignored for her trouble.

I still contend that James is much of the problem that he complained about.

As I was a part of it. As I've since tried to rectify that problem and have since tried to stop.

However, I didn't bring it to another site in a thread ridiculing this site and the TTD moderators.

A site where the complaining voice is also a moderator.

Yeah, I figured it out for the most part, and I'm here for sharing the music. Maybe James could have done the same without being catered to and having a moderator "fixing" a problem which really didn't exist, except for what he himself helped to incur.

In other words, I figured it out, and if I could, then maybe James could have also shown the maturity to do likewise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2lynne
And, I'm trying to understand why you don't want people to not see The Lounge. You imply that I don't want people to see it. The New Posts doesn't elimiate The Lounge.
You have totally misunderstood me and are inferring something that I did not actually intend.

I refer to the old rule of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. And in this instance, all I saw was ONE person complaining. And his ONE request was catered to, almost immediately. (Why?)

What I pointed out was that he is as much at fault as are those that he complained about.

And I said so, using the examples where he took that dirty laundry and aired it out elsewhere in public, as if he were totally faultless and clean.

I know I speak like a southerner, but my writing skills are much more consise. I express myself very clearly, though I do use a bit of humor to make a point occasionally.

It was very disingenious to use subterfuge to claim I meant something else.

However, Lynne, this is more your site than mine, but I'm really on your side, and all I was trying to do was to tell you that it ain't so broke that it needed a fix.

It was the fellow complaining that was at fault for the misuse as much as those he was complaining about.

You need proof? Try this quote from this very thread when he thought he wasn't going to get his way:

Quote:
nevermind... man, this place is become poisoned
The fix was in his hands all the time, all he had to do was to stop throwing gasoline on the fire.
Old 2005-09-26, 09:40 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Um, I'm reading this pre-coffee, but I think things are cool now, no?

(and freezer, I implemented it because it's been suggested before and it was a *very* easy change (just add exclude to the end of the url) and, as I said, I've been meaning to make it so people can exclude any forum they want from the New Posts search. I'll probably try to implement that today and make it so the 'New Posts without....' only shows up if you entered something in the exclude forums box.)

And I'll fourth Five's motion ... let's put our heads together and bring back the good times, okay?

Old 2005-09-26, 10:19 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
And I'll fourth Five's motion ... let's put our heads together and bring back the good times, okay?
i'll fifth it

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions