The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-04-28, 05:38 PM
255.77 GB/282.87 GB/1.11

Question Help please!!!

i have a macbook running Azereus, MacOSX 10.4.9, and i am firewalled... i have looked all over to change this and just have no clue what i am looking for so i basically gave up....

my problem is i am looking at my statistics and i do not understand why all the uploads people do from me do not end up on the tradersden.com profile page. my totals say 21.50 GB/5.24 GB/0.24 .. i shpould have at least 20 GB of uploads because In my completed list, the seeds i have left in there have a combined total of just under 11GB of completed uploads to others. Not to mention all the other uploads that were in there i have deleted. I usually wait until a file gets to about .800 share ratio before i will delete something if i need the space... but i have 5 files in there now with 1.67-1.9 share ratios so if something is being used alot, i will just leave it there.

today alone i have uploaded 1.5 GB and downloaded 440 MB to/from other users and only the upload #s do not show up..... the download is climbing slowly, but not the upload.... right now i have 12 completed Downloads and i seed (or at least they say they are seeding) 5 at a time.... i have no problems with memory or speed (my upload speed for others is set to no limit) however.. even the newest files that seem to have the most activity are doing nothing! they just sit there even when people are downloading the files from others. Files that are being uploaded from me constantly while i am downloading them just stop all activity once they are completed. Am i doing something wrong or have something set wrong? Is there anybody with a new Macbook that can tell me what i am doing wrong or what i have to set differently?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-04-28, 07:27 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Re: Help please!!!

you dont do anything - it will update - no panic
Old 2007-04-28, 10:15 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Do you have DHT on (default) or disabled? If it is on and someone connects to you via DHT, your stats won't get updated. Make sure you turn DHT off.

I looked at your profile and you are currently 'seeding' several shows that have no leechers. My guess is that you hopped on the torrent, downloaded, finished the download, and suddenly noticed you had no upload but that's because you hopped on a torrent with no other leechers. You will never upload on a show with no other leechers.

To get good speeds and have other bt clients actually want to connect to you, only turn on a couple of torrents. You have a ton of shows turned on and you will probably have other clients choose not to connect to you because your upload speed would be too slow with all those other shows you are also trying to connect to (both upload and download).

Old 2007-05-01, 08:16 PM
255.77 GB/282.87 GB/1.11

Thumbs up Re: Help please!!!

well, its coming up slowly... i have gone from 0.24 to 0.32 in a few days.. so thats good! i never did figure out how to turn off the firewall, but i did manage to turn the DHT off.

thanx for the help there! next up, ill have to have someone explain how toactually make a torrent from a show so i can get myself fully in the loop!!

thanx again!!!!
Old 2007-05-03, 10:43 PM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventbass
i have a macbook running Azereus, MacOSX 10.4.9, and i am firewalled... i have looked all over to change this and just have no clue what i am looking for so i basically gave up....
You need to forward a port on your router's firewall, preferably somewhere up above the 50,000 range. ISPs have figured out that certain ports are used by default for bittorrent and they limit them. Also use at least the lightest encryption settings on Azereus. Look through your router's manual for port forwarding instructions or go here for more info: http://www.portforward.com/
Make sure your bittorrent client (Azereus) has the same port selected as the one you forward on your router. Firewalled peers can only download from and upload to non-firewalled peers, but non-firewalled peers can download from and upload to anybody. You will definitely appreciate the increased download speeds if you are not firewalled.

Last edited by Tubular; 2007-05-03 at 10:51 PM.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble