The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-05-21, 07:04 PM
372.57 GB/302.70 GB/0.81

I just don't get it!!!

Can someone please help. I have downloaded some shows and would like to put something back in the pot. I have turned my WAVs into FLAC. I have used G3 Torrent to make torrent files of everything in the folder. When I come to filling out the upload page I get lost. What is the 'Announce URL' and where does it go. When I try and upload the main file torrent I just keep getting the message that this is invalid and that I must use the ann ounce URL.
Where. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-05-21, 07:08 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: I just don't get it!!!

At the bottom of the Audio Bit Torrent Seeding Policy is a link to the Seeding Guide which gives step-by-step instructions. Have you looked at that yet?

Old 2005-05-21, 07:35 PM
372.57 GB/302.70 GB/0.81

Cheers
I am going to check it now.
Old 2005-05-21, 07:39 PM
372.57 GB/302.70 GB/0.81

You are going to think I must be a compleat retard because I have read through all the policy and I couldn't find a step by step guide.
I have obviously missed it, so for the sake of the dim whitted could you actually tell me what the heading I should look under is called.
Thanks
Old 2005-05-21, 09:30 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

It's the link right after he talks about Webcast rips: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...faq_audioguide

Old 2005-05-22, 02:37 AM
372.57 GB/302.70 GB/0.81

Hi U2Lynne
I appreciate your help on this.
Q. What do I put in the box marked 'original thread'. Is this a straight yes/no?
Q. What do I put in the box 'external link'
Q. Where do I put 'the announce URL' (no jokes please)
Old 2005-05-22, 06:51 AM
I love them redheads!
70.51 GB/140.66 GB/1.99

Original Thread: This goes with the check mark box above it. This is only used when you are reseeding a dead show. IF you were reseeding, you would put the link to the original show in this slot. Since you are not, leave it blank.

External Link: This goes with the check mark box above it. This is only used when you are linking to a show on another torrent site. Since you are not, leave it blank.

You need the announce URL to create the actual torrent file itself. So, throw away the torrent file you have already created as it is no good. Try recreating the torrent file and look very carefully. There has to be a step where it asks you what the announce URL is. I haven't used G3 so cannot comment on exactly where it asks for the announce URL.

The announce URL basically tells the torrent file where the tracker is, etc so without the correct one...you're screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpermaLopez
Sorry, I'm still a n00b.
Old 2005-05-22, 10:57 PM
rerem
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

At the top of the Audio Bit Torrent Downloads,above all the new shows,is the announce url for Traders Den.
Old 2005-05-25, 06:43 PM
372.57 GB/302.70 GB/0.81

Thank you very much to Rerem and The Mamba but I just don't seem able to crack this. Do I make 1 torrent file for the whole file or seperate ones for each track. Thank to your input I put the right announce URL in when I created the Torrent File but when I went to upload it it said that that tracker was already there. I don't know, I am getting close to saying fuck it. I don't want to do that because I like to share stuff with other muso's.
Last chance for help.
Thanks
Old 2005-05-25, 07:25 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You want to make one .torrent for the whole entire folder (just like you see other people do). Ignore what the attachment upload says here (it always saids 'you have already uploaded a torrent by this name' or something like that). Just hit the close window and assume the torrent file has been uploaded.

Old 2005-05-26, 05:57 AM
I love them redheads!
70.51 GB/140.66 GB/1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
You want to make one .torrent for the whole entire folder (just like you see other people do). Ignore what the attachment upload says here (it always saids 'you have already uploaded a torrent by this name' or something like that). Just hit the close window and assume the torrent file has been uploaded.

^^^What she said. See if that works and let us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpermaLopez
Sorry, I'm still a n00b.
Old 2005-05-26, 08:39 AM
372.57 GB/302.70 GB/0.81

A big thank you to Mamba, U2Lynne and Rerem. By George I think I've got it. Everything seemed to work last night and it looks like I have my first Leecher. Is that a good thing?
Cheers
y'all
BBP

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble