The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-26, 03:38 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhisattva
never changed your mind about something that has upset you?

I felt one way, later I felt another as I evaluated the situation closer.
No you got caught in a lie. You lied to Sebastian.

If you hadn't made public proclamations that were being considered your site's policy, you really would be able to slough off your 'flip-flop' as just 'changing your mind'.

However you'd already made a comment, saying 'if this recording was done by you I don't want it on my site.'...

Its a little too late for "I changed my mind" after the person you're lashing out at reads at your words and accepts them as you would honor what you say.

You didn't honor what you said. Your site didn't honor what you publicly pronounced.

I'm sure to Sebastian you are a liar, and you'll always be a liar.

I wouldn't trust you either, after that.

And in looking at your words in the order you wrote them, and considering the anger that went into this quote:
Quote:
if you don't want this recording there it won't be there.
Its hard to imagine that you didn't fully mean what you wrote when you wrote it.

Hey, well, it's pretty obvious you changed your mind. However, it's something that should make the entire music trading community skeptical of you and the zomb site, knowing just how quickly you "change your mind".....in matters regarding clairifications of your site's policies.

Quote:
They weren't making requests, they were dogging a community for no reason.
so what, you think that somehow justifies you lying to the taper....publicly?
While representing your zomb site and that community?

If you speak while representing zomb and get caught in a lie, what does that say?

Quote:
As far as people who disrespect me for no apparent reason, I have no respect for them or their wishes.
You know, you could have come out of this as a stand-up guy IF you'd only honored your word.

Now there's a massive discussion going on questioning your site's ethics, your personal ethics and that of your site's defenders.

How many millions of other concerts are out there that you could have shared and just left this one alone? Espacially after you gave your 'word"?

No, "you changed your mind" and consequently lost trust in the community for both yourself and your site.

You've made more than just a few here skeptical of your honesty, your integrity and the value of your given word. And it reflects on your site also.

Last edited by freezer; 2007-05-26 at 03:44 PM. Reason: double-ckeckin' for the dreaded l..... word
Old 2007-05-26, 03:40 PM
6.17 GB/44.60 GB/7.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinowing
I don't see how anything like this helps the situation. It seems like all this message will do is piss off people and encourage them to donate less
dude, thats from earlier. I have amended that to explain the situation clearer. Post the new one or don't post it at all please.
Old 2007-05-26, 03:43 PM
152.29 GB/261.57 GB/1.72

Quote:
dude, thats from earlier. I have amended that to explain the situation clearer. Post the new one or don't post it at all please.
my bad
Old 2007-05-26, 03:46 PM
6.17 GB/44.60 GB/7.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer
No you got caught in a lie. You lied to Sebastian.

If you hadn't made public proclimations that were being considered your site's policy, you really would be able to slough off your 'flip-flop' as just 'changing your mind'.

However you'd already made a comment, saying 'if this recording was done by you I don't want it on my site.'...

Its a little too late for "I changed my mind" after the person you're lashing out at reads at your words and accepts them as you would honor what you say.

You didn't honor what you said. Your site didn't honor what you publicly promounced.

I'm sure to Sebastian you are a liar, and you'll always be a liar.

I wouldn't trust you either, after that.

And in looking at your words in the order you wrote them, and considering the anger that went into this quote:

Its hard to imagine that you didn't fully mean what you wrote when you wrote it.

Hey, well, it's pretty obvious you changed your mind. However, it's something that should make the entire music trading community skeptical of you and the zomb site, knowing just how quickly you "change your mind".....in matters regarding clairifications of your site's policies.

so what, you think that somehow justifies you lying to the taper....publicly?
While representing your zomb site and that community?

If you speak while representing zomb and get caught in a lie, what does that say?

You know, you could have come out of this as a stand-up guy IF you'd only honored your word.

Now there's a massive discussion going on questioning your site's ethics, your personal ethics and that of your site's defenders.

How many millions of other concerts are out there that you could have shared and just left this one alone? Espacially after you gave your 'word"?

No, "you changed your mind" and consequently lost trust in the community for both yourself and your site.

You've made more than just a few here skeptical of your honesty, your integrity and the value of your given word. And it reflects on your site also.
I am having a hard time following your train of thought. everything is scattered about, but I'll do my best to focus on what seems to be a major hang up for you.

I changed my mind, we changed our policy. I think I made it pretty clear that initially I felt rather dejected about all of this, but as I evaluated the situation I changed my course of action.

So what If I posted different before, my thoughts on the matter changed, and I switched up how I approached the situation.

This entire thing has led me to reevaluate alot of things, and that is what communication is about.

its not about throwing slander and libel around and calling people liars, as its obvious you just want to perpetuate problems here, and its really un called for.

Posting here has helped me find the resolution I needed to fully understand where people are coming from here, and with that I have adapted my approach. Its perfectly normal for people to do this.

Nothing is set in stone. You'll get nowhere in this world if you are stubborn and not open to change.
Old 2007-05-26, 03:47 PM
6.17 GB/44.60 GB/7.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinowing
my bad
its ok, initially my message was too open ended, causing confusion.

people did not realize the message was just about a couple bad apples.

so, we clarified.

also, i had already posted that myself, here, earlier up the page. lol
Old 2007-05-26, 04:07 PM
100.42 GB/231.47 GB/2.31

Quote:
But it will be fun watching them zombies scramble when their recordings are offered at other torrent sites within hours of going up at their site. (The ones they plan to record with the equipment purchased with 'donations'....)

i personally will be excited to see the music spread to another audience
Old 2007-05-26, 04:11 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Thumbs up Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

Quote:

I changed my mind, we changed our policy. I think I made it pretty clear that initially I felt rather dejected about all of this, but as I evaluated the situation I changed my course of action.

So what If I posted different before, my thoughts on the matter changed, and I switched up how I approached the situation.

This entire thing has led me to reevaluate alot of things, and that is what communication is about.
You are damned good at avoiding answering directly, as pointed out earlier in this thread.

However....Your words were interperted as saying one thing when you made pronouncements about the policies of your site in a different thread.....which was NOT discussing ANY changes to your sites policies....

You posted (in anger probably) that you would not want his recording up at your site.....

Then you did it anyway.

THEN You say you changed your mind.

I suspect Sebastian thinks otherwise.

I know I do.

Why, it's because your actions weren't about community....you acted out of spite towards Sebastian....

That's as obvious as you 'changing your mind'......

As a taper, I think you and your site are untrustworthy.

That's pretty clear.

Quote:
its not about throwing slander and libel around and calling people liars, as its obvious you just want to perpetuate problems here, and its really un called for.
No, I call bullshit when I see bullshit....and I see you as a liar.

Its that simple. You were caught lying.

If it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck and it acts like a duck, why goddam it IT IS A DUCK....

Quote:
I am having a hard time following your train of thought. everything is scattered about, but I'll do my best to focus on what seems to be a major hang up for you.

Try responding ONLY to this part if I've confused you previously when referring to your 'flip-flopping':

How many millions of other concerts are out there that you could have shared and just left this one alone?

Especially after you gave your 'word"?

Does your word mean nothing, bodhisattva?

Last edited by freezer; 2007-05-26 at 04:18 PM. Reason: double-checking for "slander and libel"..........lol......
Old 2007-05-26, 04:18 PM
6.17 GB/44.60 GB/7.23

whatever dude, initially I felt passionately about not having it. but as I cooled down I realized if I am putting my will on this music, than I am just as bad as somone else saying it can't be there.

its a free world. if its legal, share it.

if you don't want your material shared, keep it to yourself.

simple.

as we reviewed the situation I stopped letting my opinions dictate the situation and I let the fans of the band do what they want.

and I'm not concerned what Sebastian thinks of me. I don't think highly of him, as he started trouble where no trouble exists.

and people like you, and some of the trolls on this site, want to perpetuate something that is over and done, its past.

policies get overturned, it doesn't make the old policies LIES! but view me as a liar, I do not care what you think.
Old 2007-05-26, 04:21 PM
6.17 GB/44.60 GB/7.23

Quote:
How many millions of other concerts are out there that you could have shared and just left this one alone?
Especially after you gave your 'word"?

Does your word mean nothing, bodhisattva?
my word is just the sentiments of the community I am a part of. I am not a dictator or a control freak.

our policies changed, regardless of how I felt passionately inside!

has nothing to do with my opinions, inside, which are only important to me and not worth putting on others.

and as far as other concerts, many are out there, most are welcome on ZOMB, as well as any new lossless Smashing Pumpkins concerts. As stated, its not my place to tell fans what they can share. People can do what they want with their bandwidth!
Old 2007-05-26, 04:22 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
......but view me as a liar, I do not care what you think.
As you wish.

You got it, as you wish, your actions in this matter speak volumes about the trustworthiness of you and your site.

Old 2007-05-26, 04:22 PM
Banned for excessive taping
120.29 GB/343.52 GB/2.86

As far as I'm concerned this issue is over for me. It's impossible to fight ignorance. There will not be any further Smashing Pumpkins torrents from me. Simple as that. I don't have any hard feelings about this. A few individuals chose to fuck it up for everybody. I'm sure the Zomb folks will take over taping these shows in the future and seed them within 2 days of the show.
Old 2007-05-26, 04:25 PM
zombfuckingsucks
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishblowz
and to speak briefly on zombfuckingsucks' comment about selling "perks"...if the "perks" are only for the purpose of appearance and don't actually give you any additional access to anything then you can't really consider it a sale or exchange...it's kinda like saying if you do me a favor, I'll be your best friend......a sale IMHO has to actually requires a tangible gift of value in return for the payment...

I disagree with this interpretation. Otherwise prostitutes could use this argument as their defense for soliciting sex for money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy357
This is all really about a few people having a personal grudge against a certain site.
...due to its grossly unethical practices.
Old 2007-05-26, 04:25 PM
6.17 GB/44.60 GB/7.23

Quote:
As you wish.

You got it, as you wish, your actions in this matter speak volumes about the trustworthiness of you and your site.

exactly. we'll respect those who give us respect.

make a source text file about us, saying we suck, and likely you'll be stirring up trouble.

its simple.

its easy to see where to point the finger, for starting all of this and its certainly not me or my site. I am only here dealing with the fallout from a shitbomb people decided to drop on the scene.
Old 2007-05-26, 04:27 PM
6.17 GB/44.60 GB/7.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian
As far as I'm concerned this issue is over for me. It's impossible to fight ignorance. There will not be any further Smashing Pumpkins torrents from me. Simple as that. I don't have any hard feelings about this. A few individuals chose to fuck it up for everybody. I'm sure the Zomb folks will take over taping these shows in the future and seed them within 2 days of the show.
yes, deflect the fallout from problems you created onto us. Its ended for me too really, as its obvious where we stand. case closed. i'm done as well.
Old 2007-05-26, 04:30 PM
Banned for excessive taping
120.29 GB/343.52 GB/2.86

Quote:
make a source text file about us, saying we suck, and likely you'll be stirring up trouble.

Show me that text file. It was never part of the torrent.

Quote:
Its ended for me too really, as its obvious where we stand.
Yeah, for most sane people, that's quite obvious

You should really listen to the new songs more. They could help burn the lies off your soul...
Closed Thread

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions