The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-06-12, 06:43 PM
Nymrod
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Unhappy Cant Copy Vined DVDs!

Is it just me??

I've gotten vined Phish discs from 2 different folks, and in both cases, both discs are giving me CRC errors, and I can't copy the files to my harddrive to burn them.
In the first case, the discs had a wierd directory structure, so I couldn't even try to play them to check if they were OK. In the second case, they are standard,proper DVDs, with video_ts folders, and tho' I haven't played all the way through them, I've spot checked them here and there, and they seem alright.

I've copied way over a hundred DVDs from other places,(and run into my share of scratched discs from Netflix, etc, that just couldn't be ripped) and burned tons of them that I've downloaded here and elsewhere, but these are giving me hell.

I'm sure it's possible that there are problems with the discs themselves, but otherwise, any idea what could I be doing wrong??
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-06-12, 07:12 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Cant Copy Vined DVDs!

Is your drive able to read both DVD-R and DVD+R? And DVD-RW and DVD+RW? What about the brand of the discs? Perhaps your drive doesn't like that brand? On the one that is a wierd directory structure, perhaps it is a data DVD and not a video DVD? Are you just trying to drag/drop the folders onto your drive or are you using some other method to grab the info from the DVDs?

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-06-13, 11:02 AM
Nymrod
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I've tried copy/paste, and on the standard format discs, also tried DVD Decryptor, DVDShrink, and copy disc in Nero.
My drive can do all current formats (other than Blu Ray).

The ones with the wierd directory structure have no Video_TS folder, but have a folder with all the video files that would go in Video_TS if there were one (.vob files, etc.).

At least one set of these are TY discs, which I've burned plenty of myself, and it would seem wierd if I couldn't read them.

In both cases, I'm several people down on the vine, and no one else has complained that they couldn't copy the discs, which leads me to believe that the problem, whatever it is, is on my end.

Thanx for trying to help tho'...
Old 2006-06-13, 11:19 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Well, you might try posting in the Vine and ask if someone prior to you can send you another copy because of the problems you are having.

Old 2006-06-13, 02:39 PM
1.07 TB/1.15 TB/1.08

One of the vines I started.... not the one with the weird substructure
They were burned as data using nero in the standard way, and they are TY. since you are fairly far down the line, could something have happened to them? I have no idea, just grasping. If you think that there may be something wrong with them, I'll be happy to reseed, but I would be interested to see if we can resolve it.
You must be one of those conniving jews, or an ebonics talking black. Or, worse yet, a black jew. Only sellin' your crack to other jews. And when you do sell to others, you give a 10 dollar piece for 20 dollars.
The NEW list.... Festafarian.com

I do B&Ps

myspace.com/festafarian

Ziggy's
Old 2006-06-15, 08:33 AM
razor_king
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Hi ,

I'm a new member here so please allow me the question: What is a "vined" DVD? I couldn't find a translation for that word.

Thank U.

razor
Old 2006-06-15, 10:10 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Razor_King, we have a 'Vines' forum here on the site. So, he is talking about a DVD he got from someone in that forum. To find out what a Vine is, look here in our FAQ: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ding#faq_vines

Old 2006-06-16, 03:36 AM
163.15 GB/28.92 GB/0.18

hi, i had a simoilar problem with a dvd i recieved cyclic redundancy error, solved it as follows, not saying it will work but worth a try.

create a new folder on desktop
dvd decrypter, set to file on mode menu
insert disc and it should be auto detected, select the new folder as output directory and go

when decrypter is doing its stuff it will bring windows up that say errors, just click retry.

when it is done reauthor using dvd shrink, if you dont have nero choose 'write as image file' then burn the image file.
you will lose menu's but hey, we are interested in the content.

joe
Old 2006-06-17, 01:44 PM
razor_king
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

@U2Lynne

Hi and thank you!

razor

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble