The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

View Poll Results: Should we ban mindless leechers?
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 1.0 27 4.03%
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 0.75 29 4.33%
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 0.50 131 19.55%
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 0.25 158 23.58%
No, not under any circumstances. Let karma take over! 201 30.00%
Give them a warning and allow them to make up for their wrongdoing by ul'ing constantly. 177 26.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 670. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-07, 09:17 PM
91.03 GB/72.68 GB/0.80

Re: Should we ban thoughtless leechers?

I say ban them, unless they upload torrents of shows and actually contribute. If they just download and don't atleast try to upload then they don't belong here.
Old 2008-01-07, 09:23 PM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric182 View Post
I say ban them, unless they upload torrents of shows and actually contribute. If they just download and don't atleast try to upload then they don't belong here.
You've seeded some nice things Eric. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-01-07, 11:24 PM
the non-nuclear Homer Simpson
202.13 GB/314.80 GB/1.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladsmythe View Post
Today I got a PM from admin which said "We just don't ban people here. Well, rarely." So this poll is pointless.
Unless they deserve banning. I'm willing to discuss this via PM if you'd like. You might be surprised at what you hear. Feel free to hit me up so we can end this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I hear the Rape is lovely this time of year.
Quote:
hey man if nobody else has helped you out, i can continue to ignore you too
Old 2008-01-08, 04:22 AM
Video Guru
49.89 GB/89.01 GB/1.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltman View Post
I voted give them a warning. I think if you ban them they can always come back under a different name/ ip. I do like the idea of a time delay for people under a certain ratio say 0.25 - 0.5. I think that this will undoubtedly catch the viners in that net. However, I think there should be some appeal process where the viner can ask for the delay to be lifted. But all that sounds complicated for the viner, the mod, etc. I guess I would say public ridicule is probably the best compromise.

I like that...but elaborated.

How about splitting the VBT & ABT into 2 so that the person who uploads the show has a choice of where to put it.
In "X" it's a torrent for all and in "Y" a torrent for the .1's (or whats decided) and above only.

That saves banning AND gives the choice to the uploader on whether ubers can have it.

Yes i know that it could be re-uploaded and put in the "for all".
That's your time delay.

An idea to mull over maybe.Sort of keeps everyone happy really.Even the viners & b&pers.They vine and b&p only as they don't have the speed...............don't they

K_K

Last edited by KoolKat; 2008-01-08 at 04:28 AM.
Old 2008-01-08, 10:07 AM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKat View Post
I like that...but elaborated.

How about splitting the VBT & ABT into 2 so that the person who uploads the show has a choice of where to put it.
In "X" it's a torrent for all and in "Y" a torrent for the .1's (or whats decided) and above only.

That saves banning AND gives the choice to the uploader on whether ubers can have it.

Yes i know that it could be re-uploaded and put in the "for all".
That's your time delay.

An idea to mull over maybe.Sort of keeps everyone happy really.Even the viners & b&pers.They vine and b&p only as they don't have the speed...............don't they

K_K
That's an interesting approach KoolKat. I know I would be hurting under that system, but if people are really bothered by low ratios, maybe it's a good idea. Some people are consumed by this issue. On the other hand, regardless of my own ratio I will say this...When I'm transferring my old beta tapes to dvd, and creating all the components of the torrent (checksums, composing my info file for a description, bitrates etc.) I may think which site is the best match for the seed, but I have NEVER cared who downloads it, or what someone's ratio is. I just want to share good stuff.
Old 2008-01-08, 10:20 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I've never understood the whole time delay thing. If you don't let users with low ratios get the torrents for a couple of days, then by the time they do get them, the torrent has a bunch of (good ratio) seeders and a bunch of (bad ratio) leechers and the leechers ratios are just going to go down some more and the seeders ratios are just going to go up. So, how does that help with the ratios of the bad ratio users?

Old 2008-01-08, 10:26 AM
433.71 GB/433.00 GB/1.00

The VIP Area suggested by Koolkat could be called "The Wall", as it also has a musical appeal to it.

Please, set the ratio mark at 0.43. Or at 0.27 (hi, Vlad ).
Whatever you do, PLEASE allow the disabled people to post at the VIP torrents, as I like to troll as much as to download.
Old 2008-01-08, 12:30 PM
1.21 GB/2.97 GB/2.46

no VIP
Old 2008-01-08, 12:32 PM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
I've never understood the whole time delay thing. If you don't let users with low ratios get the torrents for a couple of days, then by the time they do get them, the torrent has a bunch of (good ratio) seeders and a bunch of (bad ratio) leechers and the leechers ratios are just going to go down some more and the seeders ratios are just going to go up. So, how does that help with the ratios of the bad ratio users?
It doesn't. It's more of a punishment thing. And you bring up good points.
Old 2008-01-08, 12:35 PM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Quote:
Agree.
Old 2008-01-08, 01:55 PM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

Quote:
It doesn't. People who introduce fresh content, not just a seed from another site should be given double upload credit. Content is King. Oh and I don't give a damn if you want my money or not. I'm still gonna donate. So there!
Old 2008-01-08, 03:00 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladsmythe View Post
People who introduce fresh content.. should be given double upload credit.
hahahahaha

..wait, you're serious about this aren't you.
Old 2008-01-08, 03:07 PM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh View Post
hahahahaha

..wait, you're serious about this aren't you.
Yes. hahahahahahalol
Old 2008-01-08, 03:11 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

That would be a couple of additional queries for the announce script and I don't think our server would like that.

Old 2008-01-08, 03:22 PM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

Quote:
That would be a couple of additional queries for the announce script and I don't think our server would like that.
Just an idea Lynne. I'm kind of giddy because my colonoscopy was a huge success this morning! Not a spec of anything! That means I can continue to be a valued member here for years to come!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Tags
uberleechers