The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-10-17, 02:40 PM
Fishdisease
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Reauthoring menus

Hey,

I was wondering how one would go about reauthoring the menu of a DVD? I dont want to reencode the video, I dont even need to change the chapter points. I just need to make a new menu and switch it out.

Is it as simple as ripping the DVD, importing it into DVDLab Pro and treating it as a project in progress? Or is there a guide that I've over looked. (yes, I've searched)

Thanks for the help everyone!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-10-17, 07:00 PM
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.71 TB/Inf.

Re: Reauthoring menus

There is no reason to reauthor a dvd if it is already has one and is chaptered correctly...you could never seed something like that here and you should not be trading it either.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-10-18, 06:36 AM
Fishdisease
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Not every question here is about a show. Its a personal home movie that a friend had transfered to DVD with a stand-alone vhs to DVD recorder. The menu was automaticall generated and for a gift I'm going to reauthor the menu and do up a label and case. And no, I wasnt ever planning on seeding it anywhere. I just like to ask questions in a forum where I know pl have experience, dont stress, I know the rules.
Old 2006-10-18, 10:06 AM
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.71 TB/Inf.

You can do this with several programs...here's instructions using TMPGEnc DVD Author:
1. Open up TDA and select create new project.
2. Select add dvd file (if the source is from a dvd) > browse to the video_ts folder on the dvd and select ok > select the title and click next > click copy the video clip to data to the hd and select a destination folder on your hd that you want the file to be written to (this will create one large file extraction of the dvd, so you need at least 4gb free space).
3. Now you have one single mpeg file that contains an mpeg2 video stream and an audio stream in whatever format the dvd audio was in (dolby ac3, or pcm wav, or mp2).
4. Start TDA over and select create new project but now select add file to add the one single file that was created during the extraction.
5. Define start and end points and chapters.
6. Create a menu; there are different menu templates, and you can experiment with each. And if you have nero showtime, you can play the video folder once its output and see if you like the menu before you burn the dvd. Unfortunately, motion menus are very difficult in TDA so you should probably just avoid those and stick with basic menu.
7. Run the output to produce a new authored dvd.

IF you want to make it a little more fancy by adding music playing with the menu...Sony DVD Architect or DVD Lab pro will accomplish that.
Old 2006-10-18, 03:04 PM
Fishdisease
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Thanks for your help. Sorry for the defensive tone.
Old 2006-10-18, 03:10 PM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishdisease
Thanks for your help. Sorry for the defensive tone.
Next time check out http://www.videohelp.com/

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble