The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-22, 12:29 AM
368.77 GB/639.95 GB/1.74

Re: What kind of a thread is that?

First of all, I have no idea what Aerosmith show you're referring to. Second of all, the lineage I have listed for the shows is the ones I know or have been informed of. If I've downloaded the show from a torrent, I've listed the lineage that was given on the torrent comments. If none has been given, I'm not going to invent one for it but instead I'm leaving it as "unknown". That's both for myself as a note that if a version with clear and known lineage shows up, I'll upgrade, and for others that if they care about lineage that much, they wont trade for it.
Old 2006-09-22, 12:52 AM
We all walk the Long Road....
75.63 GB/483.42 GB/6.39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borlag
First of all, I have no idea what Aerosmith show you're referring to.
i'm gonna take a wild stab at it and guess he's talking about the 7/26/75 show, ya know the one that has master tape > cdr > cdr as lineage....pleeeeeeez stop now borlag lest we have a 500 page thread in this forum
Old 2006-09-22, 12:57 AM
368.77 GB/639.95 GB/1.74

Heh, I suppose it is possible that there's a extra "cdr" inserted in the lineage as I sometimes type those in the middle of the night, but usually I copy & paste everything to make sure that mistakes like that doesn't happen.
Old 2006-09-22, 01:15 AM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

And that my friend is just how that thread got to be the way it is.

There are elements of the trading communities that want to just argue.

There are no copies of that particular show in circulation with a verifiable lineage.
Old 2006-09-22, 01:19 AM
368.77 GB/639.95 GB/1.74

Just to be sure that I can fix the error on my site, are you talking about the Aerosmith or the Led Zeppelin show on the above post?
Old 2006-09-22, 11:26 AM
The Happy Guy
559.93 GB/1.09 TB/1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilovius
What kind of a thread is that?
ya, come on over to the lounge........

Old 2006-09-23, 01:44 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrab66
i'm gonna take a wild stab at it and guess he's talking about the 7/26/75 show, ya know the one that has master tape > cdr > cdr as lineage....
jcrab is correct

Aerosmith 7/26/75 master tape>???>???>???>??? > unknown gen bootleg>cdr > cdr (bootleg is an incomplete show)

Hope that helps you....and now you just might see why that thread is almost up to 500 pages....too many "good" traders foisting off bad lineage........
Old 2006-09-23, 02:52 PM
368.77 GB/639.95 GB/1.74

Based on what's being said on that thread in the last couple of pages, it doesn't even seem to be about lineage anymore, if that's what it was about in the first place.

Anyway, the error on my site is now fixed. The way I see it, if I download something where the lineage is said to be something, that's what I'll write down unless the taper of the said show says otherwise.
Old 2006-09-23, 09:30 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borlag
Based on what's being said on that thread in the last couple of pages, it doesn't even seem to be about lineage anymore, if that's what it was about in the first place.

Anyway, the error on my site is now fixed. The way I see it, if I download something where the lineage is said to be something, that's what I'll write down unless the taper of the said show says otherwise.
Well, I did post the correction in the thread where you picked up that recording, but the seeder refused to acknowledge that he was wrong. So you get a version that came from an unverifiable boot, and you get to thank that seeder for an incomplete boot on your list.

And Dad does have a large amount of seeders who are quite happy calling bootlegs "masters" whether they know correct lineage or not...or care if they share incorrect lineage.....at least that's been my experience, watching some of my masters shared here that later turn up elsewhere.

And yes, "that" thread has gotten way out of hand, but if you notice, the thread was recently invaded by DaD regulars who are trolling and trying to pump out as much disgusting content to get it shut down, so they can get their own petty way. More than one of these new invaders don't share, they never taped, and they're only here to troll.

"That" thread looks like what a Led Zeppelin thread at DaD used to look like before these trolls arrived at TTD.

Go over to DaD and look at a handful of older Led Zeppelin threads.

Try this link for a start...

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d...#startcomments

The newer LZ threads at DaD are not like those older threads there since the DaD LZ trolls are over at TTD now in "that" thread.

Last edited by freezer; 2006-09-23 at 09:36 PM.
Old 2006-09-23, 10:38 PM
Your worst nightmare.
41.70 GB/18.13 GB/0.43

Borlag... pay no atttention to freezer. He'll make you think he's being serious about things but it's really all just lies. Ask anybody who's been around here long enough. He's not to be taken seriously... ever.

Btw, Borlag, are you the same Borlag from the Dream Theater forums? If so what's going on? I haven't been over there to check that place out in a while. Things still going good?
Old 2006-09-24, 03:39 AM
368.77 GB/639.95 GB/1.74

Heh yes I'm the same guy. And depending on how you look at it, things around there are pretty good. With the releasing of the new live CD/DVD packages, there's a bit more moderating to do than before but other than that it's still about the same as before.
Old 2006-09-24, 09:17 AM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

See. that troll, myth, made it over here. You'll notice that he's trolling this thread now.

He's only at TTD to cause trouble. He's admitted such in "that" thread.

He's shared nothing on this site but his anger and foul mouth.

This site will become peaceful again as soon as myth, starlifter and Mt. X....the three trolls in "that" thread ....are banned.

Last edited by freezer; 2006-09-24 at 09:26 AM.
Old 2006-09-24, 09:36 AM
Favorite vocalist = Sam Cooke
386.87 GB/460.16 GB/1.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by myth
Borlag... I make you think I'm being serious about things but it's really all just lies. I'm not to be taken seriously... ever.

Btw, Borlag, are you the same Borlag from the Dream Theater forums? If so what's going on? I haven't been trolling over there to ruin that place for everyone in a while. Things still going good since I haven't shown my ugly mug?
A quick fix to capture the true spirit of myth.
Old 2006-09-24, 02:40 PM
Your worst nightmare.
41.70 GB/18.13 GB/0.43

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer
See. that troll, myth, made it over here. You'll notice that he's trolling this thread now.

He's only at TTD to cause trouble. He's admitted such in "that" thread.

He's shared nothing on this site but his anger and foul mouth.

This site will become peaceful again as soon as myth, starlifter and Mt. X....the three trolls in "that" thread ....are banned.

See what I mean Borlag...?

Hang around this looney bin long enough and you'll begin to see who the real people are as opposed to those who have an agenda they need to get across.

Freezer and bonzo are the epitomy of the term "bottom of the barrel" here.
Old 2006-09-24, 02:51 PM
368.77 GB/639.95 GB/1.74

Somehow I have a feeling that if I keep checking on that Led Zep thread, that I'll think that all of you are either insane, or then your idea of fun is to insult each others all day long, which admittely can occasionally be fun. Only problem with that is that it basically requires some creativity, same insults day after day and post after post do become repetitive...
Closed Thread

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions