The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-10-07, 07:40 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Original seeders using Azureus - problems seeding at first?

Both Graham and I have experienced problems if we are the original seeders (uploaders) of a show. If we upload the torrent/thread, then download the torrent from the thread and open the torrent with Azureus, it always gives an error the first time and won't seed. I've actually had to do this three times before in order to get the show to seed. (The error is that the passkey is invalid). If I wait several minutes and then open the torrent again (after deleting it from Azureus), it will finally not show that error and will go into seed mode. We both make the torrents using Azureus also (I'm thinking I'll experiment on my next seed by making the torrent with bittorrent and seeing if I still get the error right away.)

Both Graham and I are using OS 10.4 and Azureus 2.5.0.0. Have any other original seeders experienced this?

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-10-07, 08:52 PM
831.46 GB/2.61 TB/3.22

Re: Original seeders using Azureus - problems seeding at first?

I'm using WindowsXP and had to ditch Azureus 2.5 altogether and go back to UTorrent. I didn't try to super-seed a show using it, but what you're describing is what I encountered as well. Often times it wouldn't seed, produce an error, and then some time later suddenly start working. Started happening about 2 months ago. Don't know if it's related to the problems you've been having, but the more info the better.
Old 2006-10-07, 10:34 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Thanks for any info. I know it was working at some point and then it stopped working. I know I upgraded Azureus recently and also my OS. I did look on the Azureus forums to see if anyone else talked about this 'problem' but no one else has. So, I thought I would mention it here and see if anyone else here has experienced the problem.

Old 2006-10-10, 05:07 PM
93.01 GB/90.94 GB/0.98

Fwiw. I got errors like that after the last Azureus update. I believe it was 2.5 and wound up going back to 2.4. no problems since.
Old 2006-10-11, 06:00 AM
83.00 GB/92.94 GB/1.12

Is 2.4 still available???
But afraid i'm not an ezperienced enough seeder to when AZ problems are caused by the client OR me

While we're on AZ here, does anuone know how to avert an error message 'existing data file too large 1386>658:C/ etc'... started seedin somethin last night, all seemed to go fine, then this mornin that was there.... and everythin at a standstill

Appreciate any advice! Cheers!
Old 2006-10-11, 10:28 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by A New Face In Hell
Is 2.4 still available???
But afraid i'm not an ezperienced enough seeder to when AZ problems are caused by the client OR me
I'm sure you can still get it. They usually have a whole listing of old releases.

This 'error' I am talking about is a pretty simple one to notice. You upload a show (you have to be the original uploader to have this happen), then you download the new personalized torrent. You can ever verify it's personalized by opening it in a text reader. Then you start the torrent in Azureus. It checks the files, goes into seed mode, but will have an error in the General tab for the torrent saying it is missing a passkey. So, you stop the torrent, delete it from Azureus, and do it all over again. It usually takes me two or three tries to finally not give me that passkey error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A New Face In Hell
While we're on AZ here, does anuone know how to avert an error message 'existing data file too large 1386>658:C/ etc'... started seedin somethin last night, all seemed to go fine, then this mornin that was there.... and everythin at a standstill

Appreciate any advice! Cheers!
Googling this error, I get this page: http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php...ngth_too_large
with this advise:

Quote:
On some systems you might get a warning like Data missing: On some systems you might get a warning like Data missing: Existing data file length too large [2255>2211] - this is how you fix it:

1. (optional step) make a backup copy of the affected data file(s)
2. Stop the affected torrent
3. go to Azureus > Options > Files
4. enable the Truncate existing files that are too large option
5. click the Save button
6. Force-Recheck the torrent
7. Start it

This should fix it - if not, come to the IRC channel.

Old 2006-10-12, 06:36 PM
3.03 TB/1.46 TB/0.48

If you're using a PC why would you want to use Azureus over Utorrent? Curious as to why, Utorrent seems pretty damn good and doesn't hog alot of cpu resources. Try Make torrent http://krypt.dyndns.org:81/torrent/maketorrent/ I have used this for a long time w/ great success

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble