The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-10-26, 08:38 AM
44.24 GB/11.38 GB/0.26

Adding Trackers

Hi,

I created my first Torrent today and published at the JAM TO THIS forums.

I now need to know how to add a Traders Den tracker to the torrent so that I can publish here too. The torrent is currently seeding, with the JAM TO THIS tracker in the properties.

Can I modify my torrent, without it becoming a NEW torrent and thus spoiling the SEED to the current Leechers?

How does this work?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-10-26, 08:58 AM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

Re: Adding Trackers

this is my understanding. i am no expert.

you will need two separate torrent files with each tracker listed. you would have to split your bandwidth b/w the two sharing at the same time. you can't add another tracker and group the seeds together.
Old 2007-10-26, 09:30 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

As Saltman said, you should just make another torrent of the same folder only put in the TTD announce url. Then upload it here and start the torrent. Both torrents will point to the same files and your bandwidth will get split (sometimes evenly, sometimes not) between the two trackers.

Old 2007-10-27, 03:05 AM
44.24 GB/11.38 GB/0.26

Thanks guys.

Had I NOT already started seeding the original tracker..would I have been able to make a torrent that had multiple trackers? I think not? Becasue you have to upload a torrent and then download it again to get your unique URL, am I right?
Old 2007-10-27, 12:02 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

No, I don't think you could. As you said, each tracker personalizes the announce url with a passkey upon download. So, the only way to get it to work would be if after you downloaded it from each site, you copy/pasted the url w/passkey from one to the other and seeded with that. And actually, I've never tried that so I have no idea if that would even work.

Old 2007-10-27, 12:52 PM
44.24 GB/11.38 GB/0.26

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
So, the only way to get it to work would be if after you downloaded it from each site, you copy/pasted the url w/passkey from one to the other and seeded with that. And actually, I've never tried that so I have no idea if that would even work.
Might try that on the next seed. But it would mean announcing a Seed and then taking it straight down again untill you had posted it across multiple sites? LOL! Probably a sure-fire way to pee people off!

Thanks for the advice.
Old 2007-10-27, 01:06 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

using utorrent 1.6.1 Ive grabbed identical shows, seeded by different individuals, at different trackers.
utorrent checked the ?hash/metadata? & asked (in a prompt) if I wanted to add the additional tracker to the download.

pretty cool.
Old 2007-10-27, 01:11 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Good idea, Craig! It might be worth trying. Azureus also has this option, but I've never tried it. If you take the torrent from JTT and then add your whole announce url from TTD to it (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/tracker/announce.php?passkey=xxxxx), I wonder if it would work.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble