The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-12-18, 03:11 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Question Please help me understand how this works!

Man, I am confused! I don't understand how this works! I'm looking for live audio of several bands, Led Zep, Yes, Neil Young to name a few but am I supposed to have music of my own to return? I don't and am not sure if there are other things I can provide or swap? Please clue me in. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-12-18, 03:32 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Please help me understand how this works!

When in doubt, look at the FAQ. This one in particular for you - BitTorrent Help. Also, we have a help forum called Technobabble and I'm moving this thread there.

Old 2008-12-18, 09:43 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Thank you.
Old 2008-12-19, 10:41 AM
24.00 GB/185.76 GB/7.74

That's the beauty of the bit torrent approach: you don't really have to have anything first off to start, because (as long as you remain connected to a torrent) the content you have downloaded you are also making available for others to upload. So you are trading instantly.

Get your bit torrent client, port forwarding, and firewall sorted out, then jump on a torrent that you know will be in demand. I have remained as a seeder on two good shows from The Who and The Pretenders and my ratio has gone up to where I have enough ratio to grab other shows that might not pay back as well.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble